Information on romance scams and scammers.
#195952 by AlanJones Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:29 am
Fake solider on Skype (mark.william00).

From his Skype profile

am Single please don,t add me if you have husband this is my yahoo ID you can add me there so that we can chat on yahoo because i don,t like Skype chat because of my Job [email protected]
Skype profile picture

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#195959 by AlanJones Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:49 am
my name is Major General mark william from USA but right now am here in Afghanistan for peace keeping mission that is where i work

this is my yahoo id please add me if you have any or give me yours so that i can add you for us to chat on yahoo that is batter

[12:18:44 PM][email protected]

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#196143 by AlanJones Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:12 am
The scammers AFF script

My name is Major General Mark William from USA but right now am here in Afghanistan for peace keeping mission that is where i work i have been working here for 15 years am 50 years old i was Married before but i lost my lovely wife 7 years ago in a car accident no kids

here in Afghanistan i don,t have access to any thing phones calls is not allow here Cam is not allow here in Afghanistan is very Dangerous because of the war people and US Army Die here everyday once you agreed to work in Afghanistan all the years are you going to work the Government of Afghanistan you will pay you a head so that you can deposit it with your next of king in case you don,t make it out alive but for me i don,t have a Family i lost my Daddy and Mummy when i was just 12 years old so for that i deposited my Funds with Barclays Bank of Ghana so that if i don,t get out
of here alive my Funds will be used to take care of Orphanage and Refugees since i don,t have a Family my Funds that was deposited with the Bank is $6, MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS that is my live saves all i have work for all my life so i want you to help me receive the Funds in your Account so that i can Sing for my retirement and come over to your country so that we can invest together all i want from you is trust and honest because i don,t want any man . that will run away with my Funds you just have to contact the bank with Account Details and your Direct phone number that you are my brother. and you want my Funds to Transfer to your account in your country then the bank will respond back and tell you what to do and i will give you %20 percent once the Funds hit your Account then i can over you tell me all about your self and also send me your Full house Details and also with your picture so that i can know who am Dealing with so if you are interested i will give you the bank Details for you to contact that is all about me i don,t have a life here in Afghanistan i can die at anytime that is why i want you to help me get my money so that i can get out of here .

Bank Details below :
email [email protected]
Bank Manager Name Hon Charles Ofori
Tel: +233 549 481 226
Country Ghana
City Accra
Full Country name Accra Ghana
Africa Country

#226768 by Jene_S Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:14 pm
I've been on OKCupid for less than two days, and I've been hit several times at least. I became familiar with the scam on Meetup.com, which is not technically a dating website, but you can message people on it in a similar way. I feel that it's very obvious who they are. The writing gives them away pretty quickly; lack of capitalization and punctuation, plural and singular gets confused, etc., a person that has less than perfect command over the English language. They're never local, but they're coming your way and want to start developing something romantic now. Also, they usually have some sob story that they hit you with early on. Widowed, divorced from an abusive drug dealer, left to take care of children on their own. And, boy, do they pour their hearts out! One more thing, they're aren't necessarily in the military. They often try to pass themselves off as average joes. It's extremely aggravating dealing with this. Don't know what else to do but to report them to the website administrators and post their info on this site.
#261916 by Justme123456 Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:07 am
Received a message from him on Facebook this morning.... I did not get to the point of him asking for money, however he did claim to be a General even though the General in his profile picture had a different name. :wink:

http://www. facebook.com/mark.willam.921