Information on romance scams and scammers.
#196923 by Mitchie02 Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:03 am
hi , first gonna tell about Smith Lozano he said his a us army and a widowed got a son , his in Iraq as of now. I met him in tagged.com well he says that his in love with me . Told him I'm not sure of how will I feel towards him cause it's sort fast well anyway starting to think it's not really him well at the picture I see cause when I ask about his tattoo in his left arm he just simply said a cross (which happen to be in his right arm) and army words. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid but still I want an answer maybe to know if his real or just no one that only using someone's picture .
Hope you can help figure this out thanks in advance :) Image

The moon looked like melted mozzarella to my bleary and blurry vision. Was I tired, intoxicated, or in love? Or was I sober, asleep, and alone?

Jarod Kintz
Advertisement

#196924 by vonpaso xlura Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:40 am
Please post his emails. "Smith Lozano" sounds like a name made up by a scammer, soldiers on active duty don't have time to browse dating sites, and falling in love too fast is typical of scammers.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#196926 by jolly_roger Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:47 am
Not a 100% certain but it sounds sus to me. A 'soldier' on a so called online dating site falling in love rather quickly without the 2 of you meeting. I hope I'm wrong because it would be great to see a good news story for once!
However please tread very carefully and be wary of said soldier.
#196927 by AlanJones Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:49 am
It's a scammer - the image of the child on the Tagged profile is watermarked and a reverse search of it shows it as a stock photo.

Please can you post the email address that he is using.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#196931 by Mitchie02 Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:37 am
@AlanJones his email is smithlozano777 thanks for the help :)

The moon looked like melted mozzarella to my bleary and blurry vision. Was I tired, intoxicated, or in love? Or was I sober, asleep, and alone?

Jarod Kintz
#196933 by Mitchie02 Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:40 am
@jolly_roger will definitely be careful about this thanks for the fast response :)

Jarod Kintz
#196934 by vonpaso xlura Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:41 am
smithlozano777@what? Could you post the complete text of an early email? Scammers write the same thing to lots of people, and a victim could be searching for the text.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#196950 by AlanJones Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:43 am
Stolen photos used by the scammer

Image Image Image Image Image

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#197016 by Mitchie02 Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:13 pm
Oops sorry my bad, it's [email protected] ,he seem have guess that I'm not falling to his tricks cause he haven't msg me since yesterday .

Jarod Kintz
#197132 by Smith Jones Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:03 pm
Hi Mitchie, thanks for posting the details so others can see what's going on with this scammer. There are plenty of scammers who steal pictures of US soldiers and pretend to be deployed. It's hard to deal with when you find out this is not reality, as we have a special fondness for their bravery and their lonliness. It's all part of the scammer's game. Please make sure you no longer have contact, as he will try to convince you he's real, want to make sure he keeps you attached to him with the ultimate goal of twisting your heart and mind and then stealing from you. Sorry this happened, glad you were smart and came here to check it out. As you notice, we have lots of support to show you the truth.
#197357 by Mitchie02 Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:48 am
@Smith Jones yes already stop talking to him didn't bother to say anything at all hate being lied at so after msg here I didn't bother to reply on him .
Thanks for the help :)

Jarod Kintz
#222719 by msmeanchin77 Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:19 am
Hi! Just saw a smith lozano on skout and he's using the same pics. He said he's in iraq but his location on skout is ode, nigeria. Definitely a scammer. I feel sorry for the owner of the pic he's using.