Information on romance scams and scammers.
#199852 by doenya74 Sat May 03, 2014 11:05 am
Hi there,

On militarycupid.com you can find loads of scammers.
most men asked me for money, after a week on chat! One his kid was sick, the other was robbed in south africa, another one needed money for his house.

Here are all the e mail adresses from men who asked me for money:

[email protected]
[email protected] his daughter @ [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]
asked me to send an e mail to [email protected]

so why is no one checking them out? I'm sure there are way much more scammers on militarycupid.com
Advertisement

#199882 by doenya74 Sat May 03, 2014 5:24 pm
Hi there, i think women should be warned for scammers on the datingsite militarycupid.com within a week men ask you to send them money! But stupid me fell in love with one who didn't ask for any money. I live in Holland and even when my first language isn't english, i could tell his wasn't right, i got e mails from his daughter and her spelling was exactly the same.

yesterday he asked me to send an email to
[email protected] if course i googled it and found this site, Thank you for that!

How can they be stopped??
#199886 by Bryon Williams Sat May 03, 2014 6:10 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners doenya74,

You will find Military Romance scammers and typical Romance scammers on all dating sites. We will never be able to stop them. They use fake names, stolen pictures and hide behind free email addresses.

The scammer that you were in contact with has not asked for money yet. This is the reason he gave you the email address [email protected] . It is another free public email address like yahoo, gmail and hotmail.

He is about to ask you to request leave for him. He will have you pay fees for leave. That email address will pretend to be some leave office. It is all lies. The scammer is writing you from all the email addresses like you saw with the daughter.

Soldiers do not need anyone to pay for leave, internet, phones and they have access to their money. Never send money to someone you met over the internet.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#199888 by doenya74 Sat May 03, 2014 6:20 pm
Thank you, i was not planning to send money. I'm still on that datingsite and i will do my very best to catch more of those sicks fucks, i'm devasted and i can't believe people use pictures of true hero's! I left several e mail accounts on personal accounts of scams, all those men asked me for money! I still can't believe this and it's hard to find a man who's sincere. Thanks again.
#199891 by Bryon Williams Sat May 03, 2014 6:25 pm
If you find another one. Just post his email address and the first couple of emails he sent you. Also post the pictures. You can start a new thread for each one in the Romance scam forum.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#199902 by Mumbles Sat May 03, 2014 11:10 pm
Exclusive Military Dating - Trusted By Over 400,000 People
Started in 2006, MilitaryCupid.com is part of the well-established Cupid Media network that operates over 30 reputable niche dating sites. With a commitment to connecting singles everywhere, we bring you an exclusive military dating site.

Our membership base is made of up of over 400,000 (and growing) civilians and singles in the army, navy, air force, coast guard, marines and various other military organizations based around the world. We are committed to helping you find the perfect match no matter where in the world they may be.

Obviously the owner(s) of these 30 sites are unable to screen out the scam artists, but then claim their site is:

fun, safe and uniquely military dating experience

The rule is: Don't trust anything on the internet, verify everything and everybody.

Registrant Name: Andrew Bolton
Registrant Organization: Ecom Holdings Pty Ltd
Registrant Street: PO Box 9304
Registrant City: Gold Coast MC
Registrant State/Province: Queensland
Registrant Postal Code: 9726
Registrant Country: Australia
Registrant Phone: 755103066
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well ...”

Martin Luther King Jr.
#199903 by Mumbles Sat May 03, 2014 11:16 pm
http://www.ecomholdings.com/

Ecom Holdings is an investment
company that acquires and holds
controlling interests in internet
information services companies.

We are currently seeking to make
further acquisitions in online dating.
If you operate a successful online
dating website or own dating
related domains then contact our
acquisitions team for a confidential
appraisal.

Click here to learn more....

Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com

I don't think anybody should use those sites until they get serious about screening applicants. But we can't suggest that to the owners, because they are anonymous.

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well ...”

Martin Luther King Jr.
#199921 by doenya74 Sun May 04, 2014 3:17 am
I already reported a few men, all militarycupid.com says is to block them.
#200250 by Cupid Tue May 06, 2014 8:59 am
We are very sorry that our site has not met your expectations and that you have encountered non-genuine members on our site.

Our dedicated Fraud Prevention Team works 24/7 to keep our site safe, by:

Deleting any profiles believed to be non-genuine.
Providing a “Report Abuse” form for members to report suspicious behavior.
Providing extensive information about how to avoid being scammed in multiple locations on the website, including the member mail system and profile pages.
Using third party, world-class fraud prevention technology

Unfortunately, sometimes non-genuine profiles slip through. We also rely on our valued members to report any suspicious or fake profiles they find on our site.

Please contact [email protected] if you have any further concerns.

Team@militarycupid

Hi there,

On militarycupid.com you can find loads of scammers.
most men asked me for money, after a week on chat! One his kid was sick, the other was robbed in south africa, another one needed money for his house.

Here are all the e mail adresses from men who asked me for money:

[email protected]
[email protected] his daughter @ [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]
asked me to send an e mail to [email protected]

so why is no one checking them out? I'm sure there are way much more scammers on militarycupid.com[/quote]
#200251 by Cupid Tue May 06, 2014 9:01 am
We are very sorry that our site has not met your expectations and that you have encountered non-genuine members on our site.

Our dedicated Fraud Prevention Team works 24/7 to keep our site safe, by:

Deleting any profiles believed to be non-genuine.
Providing a “Report Abuse” form for members to report suspicious behavior.
Providing extensive information about how to avoid being scammed in multiple locations on the website, including the member mail system and profile pages.
Using third party, world-class fraud prevention technology

Unfortunately, sometimes non-genuine profiles slip through. We also rely on our valued members to report any suspicious or fake profiles they find on our site.

Please contact [email protected] if you have any further concerns.

Team@militarycupid
#200341 by Jerseylass Tue May 06, 2014 7:06 pm
Unfortunately like an idiot I gave him my mobile number and have got text msgs on my phone with a code!! I will play along and see what happens. Says he's in the Gordon Barracks nr where I live in Aberdeen Scotland here for 5 months
#200353 by vonpaso xlura Tue May 06, 2014 8:49 pm
^Don't play along with scammers who have any real information about them. Ignore all calls, emails, and any other form of communication from the scammer. Do not tell them that you are cutting off communication; just act as if you were dead.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#200366 by Smith Jones Tue May 06, 2014 10:30 pm
Hi Jerseylass, it is a natural feeling to want to cause pain to the scammer who has caused you pain. However, it is best to discontinue contact, as it is not safe for you to do this and there is a chance he will try to convince you he is real. Don't worry too much about giving personal cell phone info- i did that too and just had to ignore any phone calls until they quit happening.
It is hard to deal with knowing you have been scammed. The best help is to be found here, just knowing the truth and getting support if you need it. You will be angry- that is why you want revenge- but please learn staying in that state will only cause you more grief. I felt sad, yes angry, mad at myself, foolish, all at different times. Understand that you were smart to check things out and stop the professional liar who only wanted to steal your heart and your money as quickly as he could