Information on romance scams and scammers.
#200838 by Angela Goree Fri May 09, 2014 3:34 pm
i been scammed on the dating site militarydatingme.com by someone claiming to be in the army in afghanistan. he told me that he had a business on the side supplying gasoline and that he needed help because they had seized his boat! then he asked me for money to send to his mother for mothers day. of course i did not send anything. I got on yahoo because he asked if i would and i got on viber also. i feel so stupid,never been on a dating site and i got dupped! anyway, he had the nerve to call me on viber and has a thick accent. this guy is suppossed to be Spanish and he sounds Jamaican or African. said he spent so much time growing up in Jamaica. Thats when i knew it was wrong. he has about 5 fb accounts and on one it was all in Spanish conversations with latino people and then all the other ones dont have anything hardly at all. he even had put an invite on my linkedin account. I dont know if there really is a Frankie Berdecia or not i think so but i am not sure. i hope that i didnt mess up something! i am so confused. I just dont want someone else to get hurt. i need some answers. i also was going to sign up for Singleparentlove.com and there was a picture of him on there too! under the name of Smith, 38 california. and i also have photos that he sent me too! help
Advertisement

#200852 by Mike Wilson Fri May 09, 2014 5:09 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Angela,
I am sorry to hear that your were targeted by this scammer. The best thing to do now is to stop all communication with this thief, block or ignore all emails and telephone calls.

Please post the email where he requested money along will his email address and telephone number. This information makes good search keys for others who may be searching for information on this romance scammer.

The person that you were in contact with is an African trying to pretend that he is a US soldier.

If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

You also have a private message from me.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#200883 by Smith Jones Fri May 09, 2014 9:26 pm
Hi Angela, it is very confusing to go on dating sites and find out that there are scammers out there. I had a scammer who said the same thing, he grew up in Jamaica. I think it's to make it seem legit when you hear their voice and it sounds like someone from Africa, where he is probably from. You have to understand that he is a scammer and that his only intent was to have you fall in love with him so you would send him money when he asked. I know, we only want someone to care, someone to connect with, and instead they tell you pretty lies and say they love you and none of it is true at all. If you can post some of the emails and pictures, it would help others who may be communicating with the same scammer. As you have seen, he is on multiple sites.
Now, for you. It is hard to deal with the anger and hurt from this happening. Just be good to yourself, You were smart enough to come here and see the truth. You know the truth so you got a triumph over him so he got shut down from causing any further harm to you. Just please be careful if you try other sites. You can be prone to being scammed again. But now you're armed with some education and can be smarter at the signs. It's hard- I never knew before I was scammed. You deserve better.
#227979 by butterfly427 Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:50 pm
Angela,
I'm sorry you had this experience. But just know that by sharing your experience you are helping other women avoid the same situation. He contacted me today on LinkedIn. Something didn't feel right so I googled his name and found your post. Thank you for being brave enough to share your story!
#227980 by Bryon Williams Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:05 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners butterfly427,

Is he still using the same email address? Could you please post a couple of his initial emails sent to you. Please remove your personal information from them.

Often scammers will reuse the same script and it will be searchable.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/