Information on romance scams and scammers.
#201080 by Daniel6673 Sun May 11, 2014 7:00 am
Hi all
i have met a girl in my university a wail ago, after she left my country she started to contact me by email telling me that her dad have been murdered and that her dad had a lot of money in a found in Tesco bank.
at first i didn't believe her so i decided to call her and over the phone she told my the full story she is in Senegal in a refuge camp and her step mom wont give her international passport and because of that she cannot claim the money so she offered me 30% of this if i can get it out from Tesco bank in the uk so we contact a lawyer who the girl know and he agreed to help at first we paid him 2000 dollars to get all the certificates and than he asked for 4000 dollars to go the the uk and sign for the documents in order to complete this transaction ok so we paid him and all the time if called the bank to see if this thing is true and at first they said yes it is all ok we had the certificates and everything all we need is the lawyer to be in the uk to sign the stuff and the money is mine.
Now after he signed i got a email from the bank that said that there is a certificate missing called "ANTI DRUG AND MONEY LAUNDRY CLEARANCE and INTERNATIONAL FUND MONETARY CERTIFICATE"
know i looked it up and suddenly all the 419 scam stuff is popping up so i called the lawyer and he said yes you need to pay 17000 dollars to get it and now i don't know what to.
The reason i still don't think its a scam is because
1. the lawyer is always answering me and calling me about stuff
2. the bank sends me emails to and not just the lawyer
but i am not sure about doing this mover
so i am asking you people do you know if any certificates like this exist do you ever been scamed by two people in the same time (maybe this girl and the lawyer are together? or is it just the lawyer?)
I don't know what to do !
Thanks for all the help !
Daniel.
Advertisement

#201082 by AlanJones Sun May 11, 2014 7:14 am
It is a scam 100%.

The "ANTI DRUG AND MONEY LAUNDRY CLEARANCE and INTERNATIONAL FUND MONETARY CERTIFICATE" does not exist and is a regularly used fake document.

When you say "we paid", I expect you mean that YOU paid the majority of the fees.

You also say the lawyer "went" to the UK - I assume that he is not a UK lawyer then? In which case he would have no authority to sign things in the UK, he would just be a member of the public.

The reason i still don't think its a scam is because
1. the lawyer is always answering me and calling me about stuff
2. the bank sends me emails to and not just the lawyer

The second of those would be a good reason to know it is a scam - you are not the account holder, so why would the bank be emailing you.

Please post the email addresses used by the "lawyer" and the "bank" as this will confirm that it is a scam and also help other possible victims.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#201093 by AlanJones Sun May 11, 2014 8:49 am
The real Tesco Bank would not be using an free AOL email address - they have their own domain.

Everyone you are communicating with is fake, including the girl that you say you went to university with (it's most likely she's had her email address phished, unless she is part of the scam).

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#201095 by Daniel6673 Sun May 11, 2014 9:09 am
the tesco mail is the costumer service email it looks like there real email i am not sure about the girl i have mat her the problem is both of them are still calling me and answering me ! how can i know if its true or not
#201097 by AlanJones Sun May 11, 2014 9:16 am
I repeat Tesco Bank DO NOT USE free email providers like aol.co.uk - they have their own domain all emails would come from that domain (tescobank.com) and not aol.co.uk.

It is 100% a scam - there is no money in an account with Tesco Bank. If you still don't believe me, go to tescobank.com and contact them from there - they will tell you that the emails you have received are nothing to do with them.

#201098 by Daniel6673 Sun May 11, 2014 9:20 am
ok so do you have there phone number or a email i can use please i cannot fiend anything useful on there web site and i am no so good in computers as you can tell
#201100 by AlanJones Sun May 11, 2014 9:28 am
0845 300 3511

[email protected]

#201103 by AlanJones Sun May 11, 2014 9:55 am
It is a phone number for Tesco Bank's Internet Banking help desk - I'm sure they will very quickly be able to tell you that they do not use AOL email addresses.

#201114 by Dotti Sun May 11, 2014 11:50 am
I just want to reiterate to make sure it is very clear.

It is 100% certain that it is a scam. It is a scam that is extremely widespread. You were never in contact with any real bank, and the only money that will ever be involved is the money the scammers are trying to take from you.
EVERYONE talking to you about this money is a scammer. That includes the girl, the bank, and the lawyer. They are part of the same scamming gang. One person might even be playing more than one character at the same time.

It is possible that the girl you met is part of that gang. Sometimes scammers do take advantage of people they met in real life, and she could be one of those..

But, it is also possible that the girl you met is not involved in this scam at all. It is possible that her email was hacked and the scammers are using it without her knowledge or her permission. They are simply pretending to be the girl you met. This happens every single day.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#201144 by AlanJones Sun May 11, 2014 11:56 pm
Emails sent to [email protected] are opened in

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 196.46.245.136
Originating ISP: Airtel Networks Limited
City: n/a
Country of Origin: Nigeria
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

#201163 by Daniel6673 Mon May 12, 2014 2:31 am
Did he evan want
To London ?
He told us to call this number
+447086460396