Information on romance scams and scammers.
#202417 by jasmemphis Wed May 21, 2014 4:03 pm
Hello. There is a Nigerian who says he was unable to get a visa to travel out of the country. I believe he was rejected because of a bank statement he submitted but who knows. Anyhow, he wants to send me his passport and have the American Consulate grant the visa and then I would send the passport back to Nigeria. Happy ending.

From looking around on the internet at the requirements for being granted a visa to travel to the US, of course I find no information to support this theory.

Is there anyone out there who knows differently? Any information pro or con will be greatly appreciated.

Jasmemphis
Advertisement

#202445 by Mike Wilson Wed May 21, 2014 11:43 pm
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visatypeinfo.asp
He will need to apply in person at one of the following locations.

In Nigeria, you can apply for a nonimmigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy in Abuja and the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#202544 by jasmemphis Thu May 22, 2014 3:02 pm
Makes sense. Difficult to get out , apparently. You'd think the Nigerian government would pay the airfare to get rid of the people for whom there is no future.

Oh- is that what Boko Haram is for?
#202549 by Dotti Thu May 22, 2014 4:24 pm
If he really did apply for a visa, it is far more likely that the US denied it.

While I understand your point, the political situation there is not really something to joke about.

There are millions of honest, hardworking Nigerians who deserve the sympathy and support of those of us fortunate enough to live in an environment where we don't have to fear for our lives every day.

But the reality, is that we are far less likely to meet those people online, as they are not on the internet scamming foreigners or trying to use them to somehow bypass the rules of immigration.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.