Information on romance scams and scammers.
#202758 by CJPVP54 Sat May 24, 2014 11:14 am
I enrolled in Christian Mingle and felt it would be an accountable site because I am a Christian. I started communicating with a good looking man my age who was suppose to be from NY. We exchanged emails: [email protected]. and we emailed for about a week. Then he was to be going overseas because he was an Independent Drilling Contractor completing his last 6 weeks of an 8 month contract in Scotland, so we exchanged phone numbers so we could text and call. His number: 216-202-6000.
We had our first disagreement after he asked me to send him an ITune card, which the first time I did. But the second time I refused and he didn't contact me for a few days. His excuse was poor service and he then had the new number listed above. So then about 2 more weeks into the last part of his contact, his drill conviently broke down and he needed money. He asked me for $3,000. When I refused he kept telling me that would be not be able to meet as we had planned for this Memorial Day weekend for our first meeting until he completed his contract.
Well to make a long story short....he came down to $200.00 and I was gullible and I sent him the $200.00 to a Rebecca Adams by Money Gram to a Wal-Mart in Toole, Utah. Then I began to get suspicious and started researching the address he gave me. Oh he was good, he even showered me with flowers.
The address is a vacant lot worth $668,000 and the telephone number is a land land in Cleveland, OH. And through Scam warners I found an actual picture. Of course different pictures than he sent me. And under the possible matches for social media...it sent me to his face book.
So I may be out $225.00 but I learned my lesson and I hope each of you will read this and watch your step because he is out there and I'm sure the $30,000 he originally needed was scammed from somebody else.
Advertisement

#202764 by Mike Wilson Sat May 24, 2014 11:53 am
Welcome to Scamwarners CJPVP54,
I am sorry to hear that you lost money to this criminal but I am happy to hear that you found out the truth before you lost any more money.

Please post the email where he asked for money to be sent via Money Gram as this will make a good warning to others. Be sure to remove your name and email address before posting.
The telephone number that he is using is a VoIP number which means he can make and receive calls anywhere in the world that has high speed internet service.
If you have any addition questions on this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon