Information on romance scams and scammers.
#213180 by Iguana33 Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:23 pm
Hi @ all!
I'm Removed (BW) (male, 45) from Switzerland. Went to US Florida almost each year.
While I was in Sarasota, two weeks ago, I was contactedby a women. I was pretty surprised, but was glad at the same time! She told me she had found me by accident.
She has fallen in Love with me... She is in a Peace Mission in SUDAN, they would be stationed until next January there.
She miss me, I am supposed to write a leave permit to the command of the troops! On the same day, today, I got a answer, the follow:

Von: Major steven < [email protected] >
Datum: 3. August 2014 16:41:34 MESZ
An: Removed (BW)
Betreff: Re: Military leave permit

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA JOINT FORCE WITH NORTH ATLANTIC TREATY ORGANIZATION – NATO- SUDAN PEACE

KEEPING BASE DARFUR UNITED STATES MILITARY INTERNATIONAL LEAVE BOARD

Attention Removed (BW)

RE: EMERGENCY LEAVE APPLICATION FOR SERG. SHIRLEY WASHA

This is to acknowledge the receipt of your leave Application made on behalf of your beloved friend Sgt Shirley Washa a US soldier on peacekeeping mission here in Darfur, Sudan under my command and military jurisdiction .

I must inform you here that she is of an important mission holding a profound position in security and monitoring duties as one of our military intelligence here.

Accordingly, you should also note that this is not time for her official leave but not withstanding she will be granted an emergency leave basically on your explanations that she is your dear friend and you would like to unite with her.

I must also bring to your notice that the United States military authority does not ask our troops to pay for their official leaves or holidays/vacations but in a situation where any member of the US army on his or her own agreement with his or her fiancée /close friend/lover apply or request for an emergency leave it must involve payment of fees in line with the number of weeks or months for leave duration.

The United States military officers seeking for emergency leave to fulfill relationship proposes and personal affairs are entitled for the following leave/ emergency vacation options as stated below and must use it as requested and no misconduct is to be tolerated: Because we are receiving the payment from Europe, all payments should be in euros

EMERGENCY LEAVE CATEGORIES:

(A) 6 WEEKS LEAVE DURATION: 4500.00 EUROS

(B) 9 WEEKS LEAVE DURATION: 6500.00 EUROS

(C) 16 WEEKS LEAVE DURATION: 7500.00 EUROS

(D) SEVEN MONTHS (HONEY MOON LEAVE) LEAVE DURATION: 9500.0O EUROS

The above leave Durations are made available for you to choose and send payment according to choice made for your loved one depending on your capability and expected time that you would want him to spend with you.

The reasons of payment for emergency leave Application is to assist the US military authority in replacement expenses and supporting of troops coming to take over duties from any one going on emergency leave and must be considered worthy, and a way of ensuring that our troops are protected and allowed to judiciously make use of their times for reasons they are applied and paid for.

NOTE: For payment of any choice of leave duration, applicants are to choose to pay all fees at one time or in two or three installments.

On the receipt of the full payment in less than 7 days of this notification the name of your loved one will be processed and listed on the list of emergency leave to allow her to proceed on the applied emergency leave on time.

US Army has restored peace in Darfur, since the war in Sudan started through the contribution of the US Army And UN in general, on this occasion we remember our fallen soldiers that have served well .

KINDLY ACKNOWLEDGE THE RECEIPT OF THIS EMAIL AND CONTACT US FOR THE PAYMENT INFORMATION . NOTE THAT ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE THROUGH WESTERN UNION OR BANK TRANSFER TO THE UNITED STATES OR TO OUR HEADQUARTERS IN AFRICA FOR EXPEDIENCY.

Thank You.

MAJOR STEVEN JONES. for

UNITED STATES ARMY INTERNATIONAL LEAVE BOARD

DARFUR UNIT SUDAN PEACE KEEPING OFFICE.

Thanks for any answers......
Advertisement

#213181 by Iguana33 Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:35 pm
I feel really sad! Your troops risk their lives every day to help promote the PEACE of the WORLD, of course together with other countrys. At the same time criminals use this situation to this kind!
Hugs and so much thanks to all the troops!!!!
#213184 by HillBilly Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:02 pm
yes, its a scam. US Military does not use free email addresses like gmx.com, nor do they require fees for leave. Leave is vacation and is earned based on how many hours they work.

Transportation is also provided ( if it can be scheduled) free of charge to those requesting leave.

#213187 by Bryon Williams Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:14 pm
Thank you for posting the email address he used for the leave scam ( [email protected] )

Can you post the original email address and a couple of the initial emails sent to you. Please remove your personal information from the emails.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#213200 by vonpaso xlura Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:11 pm
She can't miss you if she's never met you.

No military asks for money to be sent by Western Union. Scammers do that. Military addresses in the USA end in .mil. Soldiers are encouraged to use their .mil address.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10