Information on romance scams and scammers.
#217724 by Patriot1221 Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:33 pm
i had been talking to someone named general major daniel allyn his email is [email protected],he said he had a son and he was going to africa and could i send him money for birthday of course i didnt but he has stolen the real general's pix and trying to scam with his name ,its a shame beware all women out there looking for love i found this one on facebook, and then we went to yahoo so all beware,i feel bad for the general out there that he stole his name. karen
Advertisement

#217727 by Bubbles Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:58 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners Patriot1221 , congratulations for recognizing this scam, and thank you for posting the information here so others can be warned.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#217833 by chdz65 Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:27 am
Hi, it's been a month since I met this guy who says he's in the military. He was deployed to West Africa. My question is how do I know he's not in the military before he left he opened and account with Gmail. [email protected]
#217834 by Bryon Williams Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:38 am
Welcome to Scamwarners chdz65,

It is a scam. There are no Military members deployed to West Africa. If you confront the scammer he will only continue to lie.

Military members do not pay for leave, flights back home, phone services, internet services or medical. They will have access to their money and meals are provided.

Deployed Military members have limited free time. They will not use that time chatting with strangers over the internet. That time will be spent with family members.

Do not send money to anyone you never met face to face.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/