Information on romance scams and scammers.
#219549 by Boryana Gecheva Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:50 am
On Skype there are many people, annoncing they are part of various UN peacemakers missione, mainly in Afghanistan, Syria and some other countries. Most of them are men, but there are women too. The vast majority are militaries of various ranks and Army branches, usually Americans, serving under UN. All of them present themselves as widowers or divorced with one or more children. Pretend that being unmarried at the moment they have their assets and money blocked by the Government and most often ask for some money help to support their children. Could some authority explain if there are such restrictions of access to their money for the single militaries on UN peacemaking missions? Thank you.
Advertisement

#219550 by Dotti Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:05 am
That is a very good question to ask.

In reality there are NO blocks to prevent people on UN peacekeeping missions from accessing their money, and in addition, single parents are required to establish detailed plans for the care of their children while they are gone, including having arrangements made for emergencies.

Anyone claiming to be on a UN peacekeeping mission who claims he/she cannot access their money or who claims that he/she cannot get help to their child is a liar and scammer.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#219551 by AlanJones Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:32 am
I'd go further and say that anyone who claims to be on a UN peace keeping mission and is hanging around on Skype, dating sites or other social media sites is a scammer. Real deployed military personel would not waste their valuable free time talking to strangers on the Internet, they would use it to communicate with their real friends (i.e. those they actually know in person) and family.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#235576 by chicklet821 Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:16 am
I have been in contact with a man, Scott Davis, stating he works for the UN and is deployed to Hong Kong. I met him on a dating website...within 2 days he had fallen in love with me and wanted to come home to "marry me"...asked for $ for his transit fees because he couldn't access his money here in the states. He has written beautiful romantic poems to me for over 2 months...asked for money sent thru moneygram to an agent first in the US, Robyn Leblond, then 2 different agents in Nigeria, John Obi and David Sillmon.Then he had to have a medical checkup that cost $1200 because he had an "infection" and needed money to pay for the treatment. Then he was told by his "boss" that he needed to pay anther $1200. For his flight because the previous leave expired. Supposedly he "fainted" and was taken to a hospital. It's one thing after another just wen he is ready to leave something else comes up that requires more money. I've gone thru almost $3000. And I've gotten nothing but receipts, constant professing of love, romantic words, a few pics of "him" at different vacation spots around the world and a few of him and his daughter. I fell for much of it ...saw red flags but ignored them...because wen I would confront him about where all this money was going I was told only $500. More. I even noticed that his messages on Viber had a little icon that wen tapped showed his location in Nigeria. He sed it had something to do with an agent in Nigeria who I was sending the money to and the satellite there and that's why it showed that location. I feel like a fool because he finds ways to keep my attention but I do suspect it's a scam. Please advise. As difficult as it is to face I need to know the truth.
#235577 by AlanJones Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:40 am
Hello chicklet821,

I'm sorry to say, but it is definitely a scam and the longer you continue to communicate with him, the more excuses to steal money from you he will come up with. People on deploment with the UN (or the military) have no issues accessing their funds and would not need to go on the Internet begging strangers for money.

Please stop communicating with him and block him. Do not tell him that you know he is a scammer - he will just deny it and keep lying to you.

I'm afraid that the money that you have sent is lost.

Please can you also post the email addresses and pictures that the scammer is using as this will help others avoid becoming victims of him.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#235579 by wilkkaylala Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:53 am
I'd say a scam. Especially if it's coming up as Nigeria. Please take the advice from these forums. I wish I would have found the forums sooner than later. I'm sorry for your loss financially and emotionally. Just dust it off and keep on goin sweetheart. We all make mistakes. There's some low down dirty people in the world. Be cautious of the Internet. VERY cautious.
#235606 by chicklet821 Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:12 am
Thank you for your replies...I appreciate your candor. His email is [email protected]. ..I'm disappointed but learned a good lesson. ..the beautiful words..the constant attention ...all of the fairy tale I knew deep down was too good to be true has now come to an end. Thank you for helping me stop this scam before I lost it all. Even his voice did not seem to match the pics...he sed he was born in Spain yet his accent seemed more French than Spanish. It's truly unfortunate that people will take full advantage of other's emotions by bleeding them financially. I'm far from wealthy but now must lick my wounds, dust myself off, and move on. I'm grateful I found this website to finally stop this disgusting farce. Thank you!
#235640 by Grunt Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:50 pm
http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=6010661258

Scott D
Last Active: 3 days ago

About Me:
I'm a down to earth guy looking for my soulmate . Looking for a person that I feel in my heart that I can't live without someone that i'll daydream about . Someone that i can't wait to get home to. I like going for a walk and holding hands .I dont mind opening doors for my lady , bringing home flowers for no reason just because .I would say that i'm alittle old fashion. I also like to go hiking or a walk on the beach at sunset or early morning . I also like riding my motorcycle and wish i could fine the right lady to ride with me !!

#235725 by Grunt Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:47 am
I'm a down to earth guy looking for my soulmate . Looking for a person that I feel in my heart that I can't live without someone that i'll daydream about . I like going for a walk and holding hands .I don't mind opening doors for my lady , bringing home flowers for no reason just because .I would say that i'm a little old fashion. I also like to go hiking or a walk on the beach at sunset or early morning . I also like riding motorcycle and wish i could fine the right lady to ride with me

I am shy but enjoy meeting people. I work in health care field and really enjoy what I do. I love spending time with my daughter and friends. I'm not good at cooking, but I'm very good in eating. I believe my friends like me because I make them laugh, offer my honest opinions, and listen to and help them whatever ways I can. I'm independent and have hard time asking for help, but do really appreciate when someone helping me boosting my car when the battery has drained or fixing electrical problem at home. I'm afraid to be electrocuted and become a barbecue chicken. I like some outdoor and indoor activities.

In terms of dating and relationship, I'm not passionate about or looking for 1 hour (more or less) happiness or someone to marry to. I believe that honesty, open communication, treating each other equally and respectfully, and showing your true color are very important in a relationship. I would like to be with someone who has strong moral values, respectful, love me as who I am, and know who he is and what he wants for his life.
Received: by 76.13.26.65
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015

Image Image

Image Image Image
#236480 by chicklet821 Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:17 pm
Grunt wrote:has a profile on badoo
use name: Bryan

This pic was sent to me by Scott Davis as well as others but I'm unable to attach them to the post. Please advise.
Also,the other pics are similar to ones sent to me through facebook and the person's name was Robert Parry Bowen looking for a woman online to connect with.
I'd like to add the pics I have but need assistance in attaching them.
#236482 by Bryon Williams Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:29 pm
^^^ Here is a link on how to post pictures. Prior to posting them make sure you mark them as "Stolen". I use scamwarners.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/