Information on romance scams and scammers.
#220260 by snoozeyoulose1 Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:16 pm
I was scammed out of a lot of money too by a dude named Nicholas Smith on Match,com. I writing this so someone else might see this and not grab the bait., We started out emailing each other and he put a hold on his match.com account because he finally found the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. That would be me. He claims he is a geologist who lives in Vancouver. He has a cell number 604-424-6172 with is a BC number. It is really a number out of Russia. His email address is [email protected] His user name on Match.com is SmartandSingle76. Be aware of this guy. He will sweep you off your feet and tell you everything you want to hear. Once again the whole Turkey story. He has a contract in Turkey that he had to go and do. He gets there and we email and talk via phone every day. We even skyped and he is the dude in the match.com picture. When he first got there he claimed he lost his computer in Germany on the flight over. Could I please send him another one because he needed if his work. I sent him 2000.00 US.. About 10 days go by and I fall madly in love, He then calls me and tells me something bad has happened on his job site. A worker of his has been killed in the mine and the family wants compensation for burial etc. and he didn't get insurance so can I send him 23,000 dollars. I don't have that kind of money. Couple of days later he just wants money for his flight home and hotel bill. I send him 5600 US. He doesn't book a flight. So I ask when he is going to book a flight home. He says the family took his passport so he wouldn't run and they wouldn't release it to him unless he gave them 5800 US for burial rights. In the meantime we have skyped. He sent me nude pics. Oh and he also let me go into his bank account to see his balance and there was 4.7 million in his name. So I told someone what was going on because he was asking for more money that I didn't have and I thought he would end up in jail if I didn't help him get out of Turkey. Well looking up some of the info turned into my worst nightmare. His phone number is out of Russia, his bank account does not exist. I am out almost 9000.00 over the scum of a person. Please if you come across this dude in the dating sites report him. He is not who he says he is. Also, the same thing happened, he called me by my name at first and then it was baby all the time and sweetie, my love, and my angel. BEWARE
Advertisement

#220265 by Terminator5 Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:45 pm
604-424-6172 , is a Distributel VoIP Landline Phone Number Registered in Vancouver , BC . In all actuallity the Modem could be anywhere on the planet .

Since its a Canadian Phone , you could also try making a complaint here :

http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifr ... /home.html

You can extract the headers from his yahoo emails , and use this tool to try to determine his location :

http://www.iptrackeronline.com/email-he ... alysis.php

Or if you prefer you can post the headers here , with your own personal details edited out and someone would be happy to check them for you

Daniel 8 :25
#220282 by Bryon Williams Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:28 pm
Please note this scammer is in Nigeria. He sent a couple of pictures. I would post the pictures but he is not playing friendly. Do not download anything from him. If you do. Make sure you run a couple of anti virus programs on your computer. Never download anything from a scammer.

Originating IP: 41.58.92.6
Originating ISP: Swiftng
City: Lagos
Country of Origin: Nigeria

Received: from [41.58.92.6]

I was so excited to hear from you .Let me tell you more about me .I am an easy going person and i am here for a serious relationship,i would like to enjoy the life more with a beautiful and cheerful woman,who is loving and caring as well.I want to give love and care and i want to be very happy with the lovely woman i find here for the rest of my life..My search for the right woman irrespective of her race, age or location.I really want to get to know you better.
I have been single for couple of years now and i have not found a suitable woman that suits my choice so far..When i joined this site and i was thinking i would find that woman that suit my choice, i saw your profile and i really love it.I am very new to this internet dating thing...i am here for a serious relationship and i want to be with a partner for the rest of my life and i would like to know more about you and get to know ourselves better too...Pls tell me more about you????How long have you been single?? How long have you been on match.com..What do you do for a living??.. i am a lover of a good conversation and i would like to have a good conversation and a long one as well, then i think we get to say more about ourselves ..You be good and hope to hear from you soon .
I will be expecting your reply
Nicholas.
------------------

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#220392 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:44 pm
Received: from 41.58.117.98

Hi Xxxxxxx, thanks so much for taking out of your time to kindly reply my email as i was hoping you would and trust me i really appreciate it.. I think it is only right for me to tell you much more about myself now.

Just like you know, I go by the name Nicholas Smith .. I am a British citizen ,English dad and Irish mum. I moved here about 8 years ago from England where i lived before. I was once married and lost my wife during childbirth of what was going to be our first child. I lost both mother and child, it was very tragic period in my life as it seemed like i had lost everything in this world but i am well over that now and ready to move on and give love a chance in my life now. I have been single for couple of years now and i have not found a suitable woman that suits my choice so far..When i joined this site and i was thinking i would find that woman that suits my choice.

I am a mineral geologist by profession and i deal in the sale of gemstones and also work as a consultant for oil companies. I am a self employed freelancer and part of what i do apart from being a Geologist is maintenance of Oil refineries and oil rig in Asia , United kingdom , Africa ,Iran and USA.As a mineral geologist(field manager), I do research and I export valuable minerals for either resale as retail or I am hired by companies or private individuals to work for them, mostly to research or to make purchases. I do not work for a company or corporation, I'm pretty much self-employed, but not with a huge office complex. What I do, I could from 2 rooms in my home.. I enjoy working for my self because it almost like all a man can always want..

My passions include reading inspirational books and clever mysteries, the most touching book that i have ever read was one by John Manson, really inspirational, would push you from where you are to where you should be. About Music, i am into Sentimental Rock as i guess you already know, I love artists like Evanescence, Dido and Enya too. I don't like to be the center of attraction, i love to lay low, i am a movie lover, i love the cinemas, i am into comedies, i also watch some action packed thrillers, adventures.

I love to travel for fun but haven't really had the time to do that so much as most of my trips are usually work related. I have traveled extensively, been to Germany and India, France and New Zealand.....and the list goes on. If i was to choose my vacation spot, I would pick Fiji. I Love the Museums and art Galleries.. I love hiking, biking swimming, dancing (even if i am not the best at it).. I actually developed the love for traveling as a result of my job which has taken me to quite a number of countries..

If i may ask,what do you do for a living? What do you do for fun? Do you have kids? I would be so eagerly waiting to hear from you as i wish to let you into my world and also tell me more about yourself.. Did you get the pictures i sent you? I hope you would not mind sending me some of yours as well.. I really Hope to hear from you soonest.. Nicholas

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#220408 by Smith Jones Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:30 pm
Hi snoozeyoulose1, I'm glad you came here to scamwarners. It is so hard when you realize that something is terribly wrong with the relationship you have started and built with someone online. We may see some warning signs but by that time, we often get wrapped up and believe their lies. It takes some time to see it and then you, like me, had already lost money to their scam. All you can do is learn from the situation and move on from here. I don't say that like it is an easy thing. It is hard to let go of a perception of being loved. It's all we looked for when we went online, We didn't deserve the deceit and the twisting of our hearts.
It's good that your details are posted here. You can do a service to other women, who will come here and see the truth. Please be safe if you continue looking for someone online. Sometimes scammers come back around with another ID and start in again. You deserve better.
#220411 by Dotti Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:10 pm
I am very sorry to hear that you were scammed.

As others have already said, the scammer behind this particular scam is Nigerian.

You stated this:
Oh and he also let me go into his bank account to see his balance and there was 4.7 million in his name.

I can guarantee this criminal does not have a bank account with 4.7 million dollars (and his name is not Nicholas Smith anyway.) Scammers like this often buy or create websites that are made to look like bank websites but are actually fakes created solely to make their scams look real. If you can provide the information he gave you to look at his bank account, we can see whether there is a fake website that can be killed. You can post here (but remove any of your own information) or forward the email he sent you with the information to the address in my signature below.

As Bryon has indicated that this scammer appears to be attaching viruses to his photos, it is critical that you thoroughly check your computer. I would recommend downloading something like malwarebytes (there is a free version) and running a thorough scan of your entire system, in addition to your regular antivirus.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.