Information on romance scams and scammers.
#222722 by ingkro Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:57 am
Hi. I have earlier posted questions here and have got lot of help.Now I am here again.Does anyone out here re ognise these to telephone nr? +2349023036008 and +2347065601882 This is a 43 year old man who claimes to be a army doctor and his name are James Morgan. Please let me know if someone recognise this.I knpw that these are nigerian nr coz I checked but just wanna know if anyone else have been scammed by this man.He has now today asked me for money which I will never send! Thank you for any help given!

I have one question,are soldiers in camp allowed to use web cam to make video calls, skype or yahoo,with cam,and are they not allowed to use their own cellphones when in camp?
Advertisement

#222724 by Dotti Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:10 am
There are no American military doctors hanging out in Nigeria asking for money from strange women. The person writing to you is a young Nigerian man who simply stole some photos and is using them to try to steal money.

The name "James Morgan" has been used by scammers many, many times. There are dozens of topics on scamwarners alone in which that name was used. Unfortunately, it's pretty much impossible to say how many different scammers are behind all of those James Morgan scams., and others scammed by a "James Morgan" might or might not have been dealing with the same scammer.

Please post the details (email address, some of his emails) of this particular fake James Morgan as it may help someone else.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#222866 by elsbee Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:00 pm
Heyy!

I'm really concerned about a friend.

She met a "soldier" on a dating website and they've been talking via Whatsapp for a couple of weeks now. He's told her he's in love with her etc and wants to leave the army to be with her blah blah blah. He asked her to request emergency leave for him stating she was his fiancé etc and drafted her an email to send to his CO. The CO replied saying he would grant leave but she had to pay for him to have an Ebola test, pay for a replacement sergeant and some various other things... The CO said he'll be coming home today on a cargo flight...

I told her my concerns that it was a scam and not to send any money but she went ahead and did it anyway! She's now sent £2200 to someone in Nigeria!!!

Here are some details of soldier:
Sgt James Bristow Military Police
41yrs old, 6ft 5 from Texas.
He's currently in Nigeria on special ops looking for the missing Nigerian girls.
He's from Texas, in US Army but lives in Nottingham UK (lol makes sense). He has a 5year old Son called Jackson. His wife died 2 years ago with cancer and the son lives with his mum who is his only family...
The CO's email address is [email protected]

We are in the UK
#222871 by Ginger Lee Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:05 pm
I am sorry but your friend did indeed get scammed.
US Soldiers never pay for leave.
US soldiers are not in Nigeria looking for kidnapped girls.
While the US may have at one time helped Nigerian forces with informative assistance, they are not fighting in Nigeria nor are they involved in anything of that sort.
US soldiers who are deployed are not on romance sites looking for girlfriends.

Please encourage your friend to google any part of his emails, his email address, his phone number and his picture, she'll see many scammers use the same format.

More requests for more money will come to your friend from this scammer. He may pretend to be a lawyer, doctor, diplomat, etc.

Some of the ongoing requests for money from scammers like this are:

I've been arrested at the airport
I am in the hospital
My son/daughter needs emergency surgery
I have a postdated check/can you cash it for me

Your friend may be embarassed, heartbroken and may even get upset with you.
I hope she can be encouraged to open up and perhaps read some thing here that will get her through this time.
Please, when she realizes that this is a scam, tell her she is NOT STUPID. She was taken advantage of by a criminal. It happens more than you know.

She is welcome here for support.

Edited to add:

US soldiers NEVER pay for medical care or medical testing. The military takes care of their own.
US soldiers NEVER pay for transport back to their home base when they are due to come back home.
Private funds of US soldiers are always made available to them. Anyone who claims they are not paid/cannot access their funds and pretends to be a soldier is an instant alert that they are a scammer.
US soldiers who are on deployment do not come home on a whim. Their orders inform them when they come home and the military flies them back to their base of origin. No girlfriend can write to a commander to request leave. It is not how the military operates.
Their dependents (children/spouse) have free medical care at their base hospital.
If the base hospital is not available to them, the military does take care of their own.

Please DO NOT tell the scammer he is posted here.
#222876 by Bryon Williams Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:55 pm
Ginger Lee is correct.

Also howardgonzalez@usa.com is a free email address like gmail, yahoo and hotmail. Any real Military personnel would use a Military email address.

Also have your friend be on the look out for the scammer to contact her again with a new name and email address.

She will never get her money back. Anyone who contacts her saying they can recover the funds are a scammer. They will only have her pay fees for fake documents, couriers and lawyers.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#223742 by AlanJones Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:27 am
sweetscat wrote:Ever hear of a group known as The Military Responds? Email is; [email protected] a yahoo email. They contacted me asking about David Wood and Adams Goergen. Adams email is [email protected]. Also asking about Sgt. Billy Elden Massingale.

It is a scam. The US military would not be using a free email address and would not be communicting with random strangers on the Internet about military personnel.

Anyone claiming to be a soldier using free email addresses and hanging around on dating/social networking sites while claiming to be on deployment is a scammer - real soldiers on deployment have work to do and spend their limited free time talking to their real friends and family, not total strangers.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#223743 by Bryon Williams Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:33 am
Ever hear of a group known as The Military Responds?

No I have not. If there was such a group we would not be privileged to know about it. Only scammers make up this mess.

Once again all these Military men are using free email addresses. They would use a Military provided email address tied to the US Military.

Please stop all contact with them. As long as you continue to communicate with them they will only lie.

Military men on deployment do not have the time to chat with women on the internet. In their little spare time it is spent with family back home. They are not on the internet looking for love.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/