Information on romance scams and scammers.
#223209 by Barbara76ch Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:06 am
Hi

I need your advice.
Hope you will understand what I write, bc English is not my mother language.

I met a man on Badoo. We did talk and changed talking to the app kik.
He sent me pics and videos and told me that he really like/love me and that we can meet one day.
I already planed a trip to New York before i met him on Badoo. And told him and he said he has to go on a mission some days befor I arrive.
After a while writing he told me that he need to talk to me on phone. without talking on phone he can not have this "Relationship" but he has no access to his Bank Account. If I could buy him a calling card and he would give me the money back later.
I told him that I dont have money myself and also have big money problems.

After a while he told me I should claim his FSA from the army and it would be about 10000 dollar.
I dont wanted bc I did think that can not be real. But then he gave me an email adress and I wrote them to check out. After I got a mail back with a form I had to fill out with my bank account and other informations. They wanted me to pay them 1000 dollar for an electronic gadget to verify my adress by sending me that gadget first. I was shocked and then I really started to think something can not be real.

So can you answer me my questions?

1. They still have acces to their bank account?
2. They dont need to pay for wifi or phone connection?
3. pple dont need to pay first to get FSA?
4. Does army pple have their last name on the uniform or firstname?
4. How can this man have so many real pics and videos of one guy?

Thanks for your help
Barbara
Advertisement

#223211 by Dotti Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:27 am
I am sorry to have to confirm it, but you are dealing with a scammer.

1. They still have acces to their bank account?

Yes, soldiers do indeed have access to their bank accounts. Anyone who tells you that he is a soldier and says he does not have access to his bank account is a scammer.

2. They dont need to pay for wifi or phone connection?

Correct. The military makes sure they can contact their loved ones, and they do NOT have to pay for it.

3. pple dont need to pay first to get FSA?

They absolutely do NOT need to pay. On top of that, an outsider would NEVER be allowed to request or claim a soldier's FSA. And, a real soldier would not have FSA worth 10,000, because the military will not send him away from his family long enough to accrue that large amount.

4. Does army pple have their last name on the uniform or firstname?

last

4. How can this man have so many real pics and videos of one guy?

Pictures can be stolen from an active facebook page, old myspace page, or from news stories. The real man may be active on youtube, or he may be a very high profile soldier that has done many interviews, or the real soldier may have been a victim of a scam himself, and the scammers may have convinced him to go on webcam, (which they then recorded.)

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#223216 by Barbara76ch Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:44 am
Hi

Thanks for your help. I did already think that but I wanted to be sure.
Should i put email, name and maybe pics in here to help others?

Thanks
#223226 by AlanJones Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:06 am
Yes, please do post his details and also some of his earlier emails (they are scripted) as he will be sending them to many other women.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.