Information on romance scams and scammers.
#223514 by mflores Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:38 am
Good afternoon, I am currently texting and speaking to a person. He told me that he is in Tripoli, lybia in a military camp base. He asked me to buy a military calling card, he sent me the email where I had to request the card then buy via western union. They responded telling me that they requested a card at their base in Italy and they send me the list of prices. A week after I send them email requesting a calling card and the responded saying that calling cards in Italy have finished and I had to send the money to western union at their base in Nigeria. I sent the $610 for the card and now I am currently speaking with him. Today he text me telling me that I had to request his leave. He has sent me pictures. What can I do.
Advertisement

#223521 by HillBilly Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:51 pm
Welcome to scamwarners mflores,

Sorry to say you have been scammed. You should stop contact with the scammer you are dealing with now. Drop him like a hot potato. and please post his and his accomplice(s) emails to you, including the complete header information ( remove your personal information before posting it publicly). Complete header info can be found at the bottom of my post if you don't know how to get it all ready. Do not tell him you know he is a scammer, or he is posted here. Also any other info about him such as the phone # he is calling from, and maybe even the stolen pictures he is using to scam people with. How to post photos here is also at the bottom of my post.

The military provides phones, and time to call home when possible. We do not have any "bases" in Nigeria, only guys helping locate Boka Haram.

It would probably do you a lot of good to read through the stickies ( at the top and look like light bulbs) in the romance scam section of this forum : viewforum.php?f=13
especially the one(s) about scammers impersonating the military.