Information on romance scams and scammers.
#231257 by dipsyduke Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:06 pm
OK, so this guy appears through IM Messenger on Match.com, then swaps you to Skype where he is well known as a Skype scammer (check your google search) and also has Yahoo e-m accts and appears from my short space of time on this site to simply change the nos. in it. Skype - his ID paulsmith1032, Yahoo - his e-m address [email protected] and then his IM messenger through Match which he apparently deleted as soon as he had made contact. He PURPORTS to be a General in the Army, lost his wife in an X 5 years ago, son who's at boarding school in USA etc. etc. It didn't take me long but a bit too long so I've learnt a bit with this one. He also PURPORTS to be not only a General but Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff - I looked him up. Paul Smith RIP was a marvellous decorated soldier and died in October 2014 (shame on this B*****) and as to who's lovely face he pretends is his own and the poor 14 year old boy's picture he pretends is his son god only knows but thought I'd share this - forewarned is forearmed. If you're on a dating site - STAY ON IT FOR COMMUNICATION PURPOSES - don't switch to Skype or e-m. THE POLICE ARE HOT ON HIS TRAIL 'ACTION FRAUD' OFFICE Tel:- 0300-123-2040. Oh yes, nearly forgot, his father left him a pineapple farm in Ghana (which he also sends you photos of)!!!! Idiot! Hope they get you man - they will if it has anything to do with me! It's true girls, if it sounds too good, IT GENERALLY IS!!! hahahahaha :evil:
Advertisement

#231276 by Clair Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:03 pm
Welcome Dipsyduke, Thanks for posting the email address and Skype id, it just may help prevent somebody else from being a victim. Please post up some of the emails you received along with the full headers, but make sure you remove your own name and email address.

As for the police "hot being on the trail", unfortunately that is not true. The scammer is most likely in West Africa and there is really not much that law enforcement can do as far as tracking him down.