Information on romance scams and scammers.
#4038 by bleh Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:26 pm
Wish I could find the man in the pictures he used !!! haha He was HOT !
I just may have to relocate to Amsterdam !!!!

Needless to say I didn't fall for it ... but hopefully it will help someone else.
Here is some of it .. I will dig through it all .. and post

Using name Roscoe Van Zandt

Anyways lol I pretty much figured after gush number 1 something was up ... but listened to it and made him sweat a bit asking questions etc and making him do a dance to keep up .. he is very good.. then he popped the im stuck .. the geologist is running late .. and my CC isn't going through .. I need 120 for a meal ......... um .. no ... then i said OK the gig is up .. for real .. who are you .. and they won't break their act for anything .. so he called me and he was obviously not Dutch/American lol .... he stil professes .. and I quote "I will be there soon to proof my realness" Ya .. don't think so .... Zabasearch, recordsarea and pointmail are your friends .. Use them !!!

Hey Beautiful,
I just wanted to do something simple to say I love you and to put that smile I love so much back on your face. I want everyone to know how much you mean to me. Ever since you have entered my life, I've been flying on Cloud 9 and I have not come down yet.I know I can't give you the whole world, but I can promise you I will always love you.. My heart is yours, and even though I know we might make mistakes,but I will never break your heart. I’ll be right beside you as we chase our dreams together, and you will never have to wonder if I still care.
I think about you all day long and when I'm not with you online my mind is consumed with thoughts of being close to you again.When you’re near me I feel like everything in the world is right, and I know I don't have to ask God for anything because as long I have you in my life I have everything I could ever want. All I want to do is spend the rest of my life making you as happy as you have made me.
I am not sure if I had tell you before, but you are the most beautiful person I know, inside and out and I see that more clearly with each passing day. I love everything about you, about us. You do something to me that no other has, you have made me so happy, the happiest I've ever been. You give me the most amazing feelings inside, the feeling of being in love with you.
I still don't know what I did to be so lucky to have you in my life, my dream come true... I am so thankful though. In this short time that we've been together, we have grown so much and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us. I love you, ****** with all my heart and soul, always and forever!

Your Man,
Roscoe

Hello darling..
Life is so unpredictable. Changes always come along, in big or small ways. I don't know what happened that this sudden change has turned my world upside down. I don't know exactly what it is, it just hit me, but there is something really special about you.
It might be all the things I see on the surface, the things that everyone notices and admires about you, qualities, capabilities and a wonderful behavior obviously connected to a warm and loving heart; these things sets you apart from everyone else. But it may also be the big things ... the person you really are that I hope to know more someday. And it might also be the little things ... the way you responds to my questions and all your reactions on here. I receive so much joy just being able to get IM's from you and knowing that you will be there for me always. If I ever figure out the magic that makes you so special, I'd probably find out that it's a combination of all these things. You are a rare combination of so many special things. You are really amazing.
Inside of me there is a place where my sweetest dreams reside, where my highest hopes are kept alive, where my deepest feelings are felt and where my favorite memories are safe and warm. I find that you're on my mind more often than any other thought. You now make my day brighter and more meaningful. But more often, you surprise me and find your own ways into my thoughts. Whenever I wake up nowadays, I realize that you've been a part of my dreams. Then during the day, when my imagination is free to run, it takes me into your arms and allows me to linger there knowing there's nothing I'd rather do. I know my thoughts are only reflecting the loving hopes of my heart because whenever they wander, they always take me to you.
Only the most special things in my world get to come inside my heart and stay. And now, I realize how deeply my life has been touched by you.
Well, with this short time and I have discovered new things and a new me. You have truly changed me these few days we've keep contacts. Still, in a way, I'm scared 'cause I am actually growing a true feeling inside my heart which I just cant explain, but I know it's there waiting for you to come and uncover it. I truly know what your feelings are and I am not sure of your feelings towards me. But I do know that you truly do love and care for me and do have trust in me like I do in you. All I ask from you is to continue to show me you care and not hide anything from me.
I wish am there with you now to express what am feeling for you.........I am sure your the right woman for me and there's no doubt about it and prays that things should only get better between us,I am in Paris right now and should be heading to the Republic of Benin tomorrow to pick up some stones,hope you had a great time with **** out there today.Write back to me soonest and let me know what's going on with you and *****.Keeping you both close to my heart and will love you forever.
I have to run now,i will be here later tomorrow to read from you.Hope you have a good day out there.Talk to you later.
Your charming Man...
Roscoe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello My sunshine,
What a wonderful beginning to a wonderful relationship, It began with just like this -- me finding you, chatting online, getting to know each other better,sharing each other's past experience and making each other feel good and then it happens all over again and I discover that I am falling for you like I'd never done with anyone in recent past.I do want to be free to act on them without fear of upsetting anyone and I'll want you to feel the same way too.

Thank you, Caring *****. What more can a man say to the woman who opened her heart to him, allowing him to feel the warmth of her heart across the great distance that separates them? You truly have no idea what I feel for you.I try to put this feeling into words, but fail miserably. This feeling of being both scared and at peace, of having both butterflies and a sense of calm, is a feeling that I have only dreamed about. As the days continue to pass, my feelings for you continues to grow. I never thought I had the capacity to love anybody as much as I love you right now. Yet, my love for you continues to mature, growing beyond the realm of my heart. It seems that you have become the fiber of my soul, the very reason for my existence now.

I just woke up and the first thing I want to do is talk to you but I have to get a cell phone here later today so that you'll be able to get hold of me anytime as I wouldn't want to stay a moment without you around somewhere.Hope you had a nice night and have a wonderful day ahead of you and hope your having a good time out there with ****,hopefully we'll be together next weekend.Bye for now.
Forever Yours,
Roscoe

IN this one ... he became my husband overnight .... lol

I do not know how to express the conflicting emotions that have surged like a storm through my heart all night long. I only know that first and foremost in all my thoughts has been the glorious confirmation of my loving feelings towards you because of the good time you gave me yesterday - without effort, unconsciously, of course -you make me feel like I'd known you in a lifetime before.You have the greatest soul, the noblest nature, the sweetest, most loving heart I have ever known, and my love and admiration for you have increased so much since we’ve known each other that it still amazes me what you have done to make you won my heart over to you so easily.You are more wonderful and lovely in my eyes and my pride and joy and gratitude will be that you should love me with such a perfect love that's beyond all expression.

If only I could have come up with the right words to describe the depth of this beautiful feeling that I have for you, I would have to whisper them to you when we meet. The best thing that I can do is to show you now through writing.I love you so much, Sweetie. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. You are like the best poetry ever composed, the best song ever played, the best picture ever painted. I never thought that someone like me could get so lucky! and never knew there'll be someone that'll make me sit down to write this beautiful words all because I can't just keep this feeling within and just need to let it out of me and must let you know how deeply I LOVE YOU.I know this might sound too sudden but I know it's time that'll make you decide if to follow my path or not.From the very first moment I saw your picture I felt like we were destined to be together. It has been so long since a woman has captured my attention so fully or made my heart beat the way it did,You light up my entire spirit,you fills me with joy, and your mere presence will warm any room I am sure. I have no doubt you are the woman Heaven has made especially for me.

I am sure with each passing day that our love for each other can only grow stronger. Although I know it’s hard for us to be apart,but I know there is nothing that can keep us apart forever. Our desires will continue to stretch across any distance, over every mountain and ocean between us. Nothing can stand between us, and nothing will stop me from been with you soon.

Thank you for the comfortable conversations and for allowing me to be apart of your day. Most importantly, thank you for opening up your heart for me and wanting me to be a part of your future and ******'s life as I will so much love to be a loving father. No matter how slowly or at what distance our courtship developes, I am now standing before God and our future family, vowing to be your partner for life, and that was the easiest decision I could have ever made.

I will look for you online in the Morning your time to chat with you for a while before our flight takes off,I am the happiest man on earth right for having you and ***** in my life.I will forever love you.Thanks for giving me so much hope and bringing back smiles to my lips once again and for bringing back glitters of hope into my eyes.Hope you had a nice night there and that you got off work safely.Thanks for the research and findings and will take every necessary precautions.Do have a nice day out there and be safe.

Your Husband,
Roscoe
Advertisement

#4039 by Jack Smith Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:30 pm
What? All that beautiful text and not a single request for money? :D

#4040 by Ralph Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:33 pm
Hi Bleh,

Glad you spotted this before losing any money.

I am only guessing but it is a verry good guess that the pictures were stolen from www.focushawaii.com take a look and you may find his pictures in there.

Would you mind posting his email address and phone number for us, those are the details that will help others to find your post here, once you have done that I can do some searching to see what comes up.

The other thing to remember is that Google, is also your friend :wink:

Jack, the money request was not far away

#4041 by bleh Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:49 pm
you are correct .. but the money request came as IM .. lol
It was right after ....
Preeeeety funny ........
As for the pics .. sadly no that handsome man wasn't listed .. =(
and he had quite a few of them not just one ... wonder if he took them of maybe a tourist ????

#4042 by bleh Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:55 pm
found it .. wasn't sure if I had this old info anywhere

homemade007 wrote:
>
>Hello Sunshine.....
> Just signed up on this site and your profile caught my eyes and would like to know some more about you.Can email or IM me through [email protected] or [email protected] your response.
>Roscoe

#4044 by Ralph Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:25 am
Thanks for posting those, I have done a few searches and so far come up with nothing. Most of his emails are stolen love letters possibly recycled from previous victims or found and stolen from a love poem repository somewhere.

I presume you met him on a dating site, could you post a link to his profile and I will see that he gets a few new "friends" from our sister site 419eater.

The profile will also show what pictures he is using which somebody may recognise.

Other than that a phone number may show some results

#4045 by bleh Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:27 am
NO phone
and his profile was removed ........
hrmmm
want me to forward you the pics .. I think I stil have them ? he had emailed them to me

#4046 by bleh Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:30 am
Yeah .. I found them ... You know now looking at them .. I think 3 of them are of the same guy ... but the other 2 .. I don't know ... and the one he uses on chat is w/the blue shirt but a different picture all together .......
hrmmm he/she is a clever one ...........

#4047 by Ralph Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:28 am
Found some pics of him in a totaly unrelated site, I will keep looking

#4061 by bleh Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:19 am
OK .. A wonderful tool ... www.tineye.com
Open free Beta .. got my login in a few hours ...
Found this handsome gentleman at http://www.starsearchcasting.com/
LOL when it is too good to be true ! It usually is ...
Tineye is incredible btw ... I just may go and do a search of all that look *too good* on that site and start posting on the forums where there pictures can be found.
rofl ...

#4062 by ChrisSmith Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:31 am
^^^ How did you get an invite for that?

I had to try to hunt down a photo for a victim a few months ago and it took me literally hours and hours. If that tool is as good as you say, it may come in very handy for what we do here.

#4066 by bleh Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:32 pm
Absolutely ... I requested invite, and got it for the beta ..
If you want post the pic link here and I will search it for you =).
or email if you prefer. Either way !

#4067 by bleh Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:48 pm
Here was the output ...
took like a second...
You can right mouse click on an image from the web anywhere .. or upload one from your machine.

Your image
JPEG image, 288x298, 25.4 KB
Recommend as a Cool Search

Cancel
Feedback Search images from any website
Install the TinEye browser plugin for IE/Firefox 1 result
searched over 701 million images in 0.693 seconds

Compare Images
JPEG image
124x128, 33.5 KB
www.starsearchcasting.com
tn_gallery_2433_1_639749.jpg → http://www.starsearchcasting.com/forums ... m=1&y=2008
tn_gallery_2433_1_639749.jpg → http://www.starsearchcasting.com/forums ... wentry=286
tn_gallery_2433_1_639749.jpg → http://www.starsearchcasting.com/forums ... wentry=265
tn_gallery_2433_1_639749.jpg → http://www.starsearchcasting.com/forums ... wentry=291
tn_gallery_2433_1_639749.jpg → http://www.starsearchcasting.com/forums ... &d=4&m=1&y
#29334 by kjm Tue May 25, 2010 11:46 pm
Hello - Roscoe the scumbag found me this week. Same "your profile caught my eyes" message even. I don't see how to upload the hot photos he sent me. Muscular, light brown spiked hair. Maybe blue eyes? Now I'm off to tell him he's busted. We chatted this morning. He says he is in st paul mn and on plentyoffish.com as goodheartedman or close to that. although his profile disappeared...because he is so sure we are going to be a perfect match. watch out ladies!