Information on romance scams and scammers.
#236478 by Culprit Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:47 pm
A friend got approached by this person saying they are serving in Afghanistan with NATO. They are pretty good but holes in the story was their undoing. They approached my mate and said they were Australian serving with NATO. Sent me multiple images of a US (Not Australian after saying they were Australian) Service woman. After multiple messages it started to get heavy and then he got the "I want to be with you" then I got the "I can't be with you as I have no leave". Awe, and then he got the, "If he emails the commander and requests the leave I will get it". So He did and bang He got an Auto Reply from UNITED NATION MILITARY AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT ([email protected] Looks very convincing . He then get an email a few days later saying the leave is granted. Now the dead give-away was He had to pay $780 into (get this) into a private bank account. He traced the IP address to Kansas in the USA, the NATO one came from the US as well.

If anyone has an email address or a contact that we can forward all the emails and false documents too for investigation by US Authorities to get these people charged I would appreciate it. To use serving men and women in a love/leave scam is absolutely abhorrent.
Advertisement

#236481 by Bryon Williams Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:25 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Culprit,

There is no one to forward the emails to. The scammer is using stolen names and photo's. The email addresses he uses are all free.

The best thing you can do is post the emails he sent here. Remove all of your mates personal details from them.

Please make sure along with the emails you post that you post the email that was asking for a bank transfer with the bank details.

This information will help warn others.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#236487 by Culprit Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:56 pm
Thank you for that.

FYI. Here is the email requesting Money.

Attention

We have fully verified and confirmed that truly both you and Warrant Officer Julie Duenow are connected.Also a administrative logistics charge of 780.00 dollars is to paid to cover the two forms you are going to fill in block letters, sign and returned to the command headquarter via email scan as soon as you can.

The Policy instruction form and personal form, knowing fully well that the communication is between the United State army and Australia Army. So as soon as you ready to get the forms get back to us for the payment information. And note that the money you are to pay is refundable.

You also have to know that the transit process is free, if your soldier woman is going on official leave. But Warrant Officer Julie Duenow never due for an official leave at the moment, but you are requesting for it. So normal military protocol has to be followed in other to know that the officer she not playing pranks to the military.

The command headquarter only accept Bank transfer, so the administrative charge of 780.00dollars should be sent through bank transfer the secretary of the Logistics manager in the Australia army.

BSB..062805

ACCT..NO10379240

NAME..CATHERINE MAREE NASH

BANK..COMMONWEALTH BANK

AUSTRALIA

Account Noted (BW)

Note: get back to us with the payment details as soon as the payment is done, and don't forget all the money spent during the transit process will be refunded to you as soon as we confirm safety arrival of Warrant Officer Julie Duenow in your location.

Regards,

Multi-National Corps – Afghanistan
Public Affairs Office, Camp Victory
APO AE 09342
#236490 by Dotti Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:40 pm
The "policies" in that email are typical African scammer nonsense (in reality, either you are eligible for leave, in which case it is free, or you are not eligible, in which case you can't buy it, but have to wait until you have served long enough to be eligible again,) while the English (and inability to differentiate between an American and Australian soldier) confirms that the writer is African. The Kansas IP will be a proxy. The scammer is most likely located in Western Africa or Malaysia. The Australian bank account will belong to a mule.

If the scammer was American, then the crime would fall within the scope of American authorities--but when scammers, mule, and victim are outside the US there is nothing for the American authorities to do.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#236505 by Culprit Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:10 am
The best one Dotti, is they posted pictures of a US Service Woman and said they were Australian. They obviously don't know the flags are different. :D