Information on romance scams and scammers.
#32051 by Dotti Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:56 pm
Yes, it is 100% scam. I'm glad you caught it before it got any further.

Ultimately, they don't want your ID too much--all they are after is your cash. If you sent the requested identification, you would be considered a good victim, and they would then demand fees from you, to be sent (most likely by western union) to some imaginary military official. In reality, the person talking to you is African, and all other contacts are either him playing another role, or his accomplices.

Nobody can request leave for a US soldier except for the soldier himself or his superiors. Any "soldier" who asks you to request leave or help him with a satellite phone is a scammer. For more complete info, check out this thread: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527

If you can post the mails and photos used by this scammer in a new thread, (remove your own name and email address though) you might be able to prevent someone else from falling for this scam.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
Advertisement

#32508 by Normarae Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:20 am
I also was lured by the Zingle site to a Military Man, with a charming tongue....I played a along for a bit, taken in then after 2 emails, he loved me.....OK? Love is a strong word...But, I thought he is lonely, he needs comfort..Yeah Right....Here is my email from concerned love in Bagdad... When I said no to his request for a ts2..

Sweetie, how are you? how is your day going? whats going on sweetie, why havent i heard from you? is everything ok? i thought you would have email me by the time i check my email... i am sorry i didnt send an email yesterday... its my job and i am sure you understand... hows everything? i hope theres no problem... Just missing you so much and i thought i should let you know that. when are you going to email me. have you heard back from the ts2? please email me now. i need to hear from you because i am so worried right now.

I hope you are ok and safe.
Your sweet man
Russ

I replied again....NO! This was his response

Hello sweetie, i understand you but i want you to know that you are doing it for us and it will help our relationship grow... please try and raise it and i will pay you back the money when we finally meet.... that wont be any problem, you have nothing to worry about when we meet. i am a caring and loving man and i am ready to spoil you with all i have because you deserve more than that. where and how were you ask to send it? please do it for us sweetie.

Your man
Russ

Yeah ok, for us...Thanks to this site I was alerted before I fell pray to [email protected]....please girls be careful....I to am lonely there are a lot of nice men on dating sites , but if they sound to good to be true, or fall in love to fast, or ask you to pay for anything.....delete, delete, delete.....

I can not figure out how to add the pictures he sent me of himself and his son..you can also find him on facebook under Russell Anderson the picture is a unit picture....
#32509 by Normarae Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:42 am
Ralph,

Can you send me the same email address to send the pictures of Russ Anderson, scammer. I am unable to upload them as I do not have a scanner...I know, I know, who does not have a scanner in todays age..lol Well...me.

Email Header

Russell Anderson ([email protected])
Sent: July 8, 2010 7:11:09 PM

I entered his email on google and your site came up, This site is awesome
#32519 by Ralph Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:30 am
Hi Normarae, welcome to Scamwarners.

I am glad that you realised it was a scam and didn't fall for his lies, well done.

Thank you for posting about your experience it will help others who may be contacted by this scammer in the future.

You seem to understand what has gone on quite well now but if you do have any questions please ask.

PM with an email address is in your PM box ;)
#32546 by Ralph Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:04 am
Thank you Norma Rae for sending this picture as used by this scammer;

#32907 by began steele Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:15 am
Additional information on this scum who has Tagged profile. Extra picture downloaded.
[email protected] NEW ADDRESS ADDED

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.