Information on romance scams and scammers.
#238322 by spyvsspy Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:58 pm
Not sure what to post here, without divulging to much information about the person. I've done a lot of research and would like another opinion.
Situation: She is in CUBA, with her daughter. She sent me what appeared to be a real air-line ticket. It had the tabs for each individual trip the plane had to take. She even emailed me copies of hers and her daughters Cuba passports. I don't see any Cuban passports out on the internet to compare them to. I do notice that the pictures are pure white, they don't have the squiggly lines going through them like ours in the US do.
I don't want to post them until I'm 100% sure they are fake. I would be willing to email them to an administrator of this site.
Oh and the money she wants for help is to show their immigration for an exit, to prove that she can live visit in Canada for a couple of months.
Her email is from yahoo, and I've tried the tracer, I've looked up the IP's. and of coarse it shows the IP addresses for yahoo.
Thoughts?
Advertisement

#238323 by spyvsspy Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:00 pm
Oh, the money she wants has to be sent to mexico where her boss who has a farm in mexico and cuba can get it to her. "it's dangerous to send directly to Cuba and they tax us dollars hard" is what I'm told.
#238324 by Bryon Williams Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:03 pm
Oh and the money she wants for help is to show their immigration for an exit, to prove that she can live visit in Canada for a couple of months.

That alone say's she, most likely a he is a scammer.

You can send me the information. I will need the pictures and emails she/he sent you.

ETA: Plane tickets can be faked. All you have to do is go to an Airline site and do a reservation. You do not have to pay to get a travel documents. The airline will cancel the reservation when it is not paid.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#238357 by Bryon Williams Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:15 am
Oh, the money she wants has to be sent to mexico

Because this is where she/he is really located:
Originating IP: 200.76.91.173
Originating ISP: Telefónica Movistar
City: Morelos
Country of Origin: Mexico

Scammers will often use Basic Travel Allowance (BTA) there is no such thing for the US, Canada or UK.

Subject: Re: It's Laura

I went to Immgration office today to get stamp on our ticket. When I got there they told me we have to hold a basic travel allowance to show we can take care of our self in Canada. Cos I can't tell them we are going to usa. And they said before Immgration lets us board in our our flight we have to show them 5000cuc. Each but in case of person that have kid from age of 1 to 18 I have to show them 8000cuc not 10000cuc I don't have that. They said they won't collect the money from us we just have to show them. And they confirm the money is real and complete and they give us back. I called my boss to borrow me she said she don't have that amount of money that she can borrow me 2500cuc. When I get to Canada I have to send it back to her immediately. I check out from security. Please love do you have anyone who can borrow me the rest as soon as I arrive I will give it back.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/