Information on romance scams and scammers.
#239419 by Helena Skip Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:22 am
I received the same mail content from David Andersen, who is request a friend from facebook.

xx Jan 2015
Subject: Hello xxxx, greetings from David Andersen

Hello xxxx,

I was so excited when you gave me your email address,how are you today? I guess you are doing fine as always. Thank you so much for giving me your email address to tell you more about myself. From the way you write I can feel you are a very nice and sincere person.

My dear xxxx, to tell you more about myself but where do I start from okay. My names are David Andersen. I am originally from Galway, Ireland but nationalized in United Kingdom. I am a Engineer by profession and also a contractor. I work with a shipping company here in the U.K.(Seaspan shipping management company) I have been with the company for 13 years as the operations manager.

I was married before, but lost my wife, she died of Cancer. May her soul rest in peace. like I told you before, I work for a non-profit organization as a supply chain manager, this is the reason why I choose to help the less privileged and cancer patients all over the world, I have a daughter, her name is Grace and she is 8 years old now. I really looking for a long lasting friendship and someone I want to spend the rest of my life with, who is friendly,honest, caring,trustworthy and God fearing. I find very much peace and tranquility here.

I`m 5`11" 190 bls with a athletic build , mentally stable, physically fit, a bunch of laughs, warm, caring, honest, a good listener, God Fearing, and a positive person.I am real easy person to talk to and a loving and outgoing father. I enjoy playing sax which i do often at my leisure time.I like going to the movies,or watching movies in my room or Cabin, I like swimming,listening to music and dance to any kind of music,i sing,sailing, going bowling and also a good cook.I am a family oriented person,love children and there is more, but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself.

It is very important for me to build a life of stability, security, and opportunity for the special person I hope to share my thoughts, feelings,experiences, dreams and fantasies with, and to offer the best opportunities for any kid that might be included in my life,both mine and that special person children, and that is my focus at this time and I also do enjoy my job though risky because we are always on the high sea.

I am really interested in wanting to know about what makes you the special person you are today, I want to know more about your family, your background, your life experiences, past relationships, your goals and dreams, your interests, and anything else you want to tell me. I even want to learn about the secrets you very rarely share with someone!. So come on and share it all with me, as I am not here to talk to you about general things such as partying, the weather, sports, e.t.c. I want to learn about you and what makes up your heart and soul, as the friendship I want to build with you I want it to be like no other you have ever shared in or experienced. This friendship I want to build with you will be filled with substance,quality,spirituality,love,faithfulness and potential. Hope i didn't write much of a novel.
Hope to hear from you soon.Until then have a pleasant day.

Yours sincerely,
David

Advertisement

#239420 by Helena Skip Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:26 am
xx Jan 2015
I am confident you are in good health. Honestly, there is so much I want to tell you and so many things I want to ask you, I don't know where to start. I am writing this message to you not for the fun of it, but because I want you to take some time for yourself and read carefully. Like I told you before so many things happens for a reason, I believe in faith and luck. I have that feeling that you will become a very special person in my life.

To me, you are first of all my friend and then...... something more greater in the near future..... God willing. To be honest with you, I am really short of words here, but one thing I do know is that I have the arms to give you a hug, ears to listen to whatever you want to talk about through chat, mail or phone, and I have a heart; a heart that is aching to see your smile. I would like to use this opportunity to say...I am delighted to have met you.

To tell you more about me, I am an honest, kindhearted, hardworking man who does need the support of a loving woman. Ideally, l am someone who is confident in what he want and who he is. We all face tough situations in our lives and we sometimes tend to be mislead by it. A lot of times we often tend to give up. In this life, I have chosen to give up numerous times but I am proud to say that I have also chosen to stay strong and be patient all these years..... which has now led to my finding you. He who seek happiness; they say, by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts and multiply the grief which he purposes to remove. Your living is determined not so much by what life brings you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens. This is the reason I have decided to move on in life in spite of my incalculable loss.

Yes! Distance doesn't permit the action to be seen, rather, words convey the feelings when distance hinders. No matter the distance that separates us now, I can assure you that this gap will be bridged as we really get to know each other. As the saying goes: "True Love and Friendship knows no boundaries and no distance; miles and obstacles mean absolutely nothing in the face of love" Though miles may lie between us right now, we'll never be apart forever, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart.

Now that dishonesty and disbelieve seems to be taking over our souls these days, to know there are people like you makes all the problems look smaller. It’s great to be your friend and to be able to look into the future and see a mix of serenity and hope. This fairly recent friendship is something I consider to be sacred already. It makes me have faith again in some simple but fundamental human values which sometimes; for the lack of practice, we swipe under the carpets of our memories and of our hearts. For me, this new friendship is precious and that’s why I intend to keep it till the end of my days. I believe we can achieve that, because I have faith in you and I have more and more faith in life and in the future. Those who have a friend like you fear nothing. Always bear in mind that my affection and true friendship will be yours forever.

My job will be taking me to Australia tomorrow (Sailing for a month by ship)....and I will really like us to always keep close contact. Here are my contact phone numbers, +447087693650 or +447549355912, I really would love to have yours so that I can always call you.. Please always call me on this number +447087693650. God bless you....

Hug and sweet kisses
Sincerely,

xx Jan 2015

I am moved with passion. I know that it is no easy to blend both ends up but the earlier the better. Our feelings should not be set aside from our friendship. I need a woman just like you in my life and you need some one like me to make you realize some things again.

I am happy to meet you and that is my utmost dream after the death of my late wife- to be a happy man again no matter the time it may take but having it with the right person like you is what matters most. The future is near and here, let make our moves and plans, I see you sleeping off in my arms after sweet night stories, play around like kids again,look at the dark sky and count the stars together. I have every single feeling that you have but we have to understand that believe will make it work out. Trust your heart. I told my daughter about you and she can't wait to meet with you,

Do have a splendid day my dearest Helena and remain blessed as always. Please you can send me message to this number +447549355912

Yours sincerely,
David A.
Dear xxx,

I wish that you were here or that I were there, or that we were together anywhere. How I wish I could be there with you, but distance has kept us apart. Apart physically, but in spirit, you are always in my heart. Friendship which has been tested by distance and obstacles, and has passed......that is true friendship. The test of true friendship is not when we are together. It comes when we are not together and realize that despite the distance, thoughts and feelings are still there. I just wish you could see how much you mean to me. God has reason for allowing things to happen. Those who thank God even in every situation turn burden into blessings.

My Dear xxx, everyday I wake up thanking God for us. Because what started out as a internet contact between us has now turned into a strong bond between two friends who have now discovered the true meaning of friendship the natural way. To me, it is like time is purposely bending and stretching itself out so that it can play its part; in making us feel the joy of what it is to be real friends. All I know now, is that throughout this past few days, I have learned a lot from this friendship of ours and I have seen what it is like to give yourself completely to the other person when you're so far apart. The most important thing I have learnt, among many more things, is to trust and to be sincere to you.

From the day I came across your profile, I knew that you would turn out to be a good friend and you have more than proved that. Whenever you think of me, please know that no matter how many miles separate us or how much of our lives comes between us, you are and always will be the the true friend I desired all this years. I thank God for giving me the privilege to meet you. Though the miles separate us, the bond we have is far stronger. You are the very one I have spent all these few years looking for. And now that I have found you.....no distance can separate us. For now, I am contented with the progress we've made and I assure you that with time..our communication rate will improve. Thanks for making my life so much more meaningful and giving me a reason to live again.

I would have love to continue but I feel tired and we have sailed out and now I need to go get some rest before going back to work, please always remembers me and my crew members in your prayers.

Hug and kisses,

"David Andersen" <[email protected]>
xx Feb 2015
Subject: xxx, please pray for me
I did not want to tell you what is happening here in the ship, the problem is getting worse now here in the ship and I am so worried now, The brain box of the ship has been damaged...so right now we are waiting for rescue team to come and help us..this is the reason why I have been unable to keep a close contact with you for the past few weeks, My dear, I just want you to keep me in your prayers..because right now is your prayers and care I need most...I don't have much time now...I need to get back to engine room now, I will talk to you later

Sincerely yours,

David

My dear xxxx,

What ever situation I found my self I always give Glory to God. Please I need your prayers. We are in a very serious problem here and need God intervention.The brain box of the ship is having a very serious problem and we are all confused here. As it is now, we are no longer safe because we fear the pirates attack because the ship is very slow now. The captains of the Ship have announced that all passengers should offload their goods for another means of transportation as the SHIP will duck here for another 20 days until its safe to continue sailing.

Helena my problem now is my valuable documents which I kept in my cabin safe box. I do not want it stolen from me in the event of any attack. Now there are so many security company stands at the sea shore and I am thinking of what to do? and at this time I need you to stand by me. I want to quickly send you the documents so that you can help me to secure it in your place until I have the chance to make my trip and meet you soonest. I will discussed with one of the security company here. They will proceed delivery immediately I get a confirmation from you to assist me in receiving this valuable documents and I don't want to loose the valuable to sea pirates because I know how I suffered for it. I trust you on this honey.

xxx quickly forward to me your information as follows to enable me send the documents to you immediately through the security company:

Your Full Name:
Your Receiving Address:
Phone number:
Email Address:

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,
David

Thanks so much for your support and prayers. I so much trust you and I know you will never disappoint me and more so when we are already two in one flesh.Honey pray for me as the situation is getting worst and we are still waiting to hear from the rescue team. I have sent you the documents with some amount of money inside the safe box through the Security company in Asia. This is an independent security company in the sea shore here who are in charge of handling of freights and other consignments. They told me they will contact you for the delivery when they arrive Malaysia by tomorrow morning in Hong Kong, because they have no office in Hong Kong except Malaysia. Please honey always be with your phone tomorrow because they will call you when they arrive your country, I have never trusted anybody in my life to entrust such in his/her hand, but I so much trust you. Honey, be careful with the items. I sent it to you as my wife family personal effect and so the company is not aware of what is inside the shipment and so do not even tell them because i don't trust anybody except you,is only you that can open it as you received it. I have my valuables inside, my cash, documents and some other important items.

Helena, I have attached the Air way bill and the deposit certificate because they will demand it from you when they get to Hong Kong before delivery to you. I have paid the International charges here in the ship to send the shipment to you, I also ask them if you will pay any charges there to receive it,but they told me you are only going to pay for local charges to enable their office in Malaysia deliver the shipment to you in your Address. I had wanted to pay but they told me that it has to be paid to their office in Malaysia because they don't know the exact amount because their office in Malaysia have to pay for Malaysia government tax and local bills.

Dearest, the Unlock code number is xxxxx please keep it secret.

I will join you very soon as soon as I am through with this problem and get to Australia. God helping us and please pray for me. I have not slept since yesterday and we are still working in the engine room. Please dearest, as soon as they deliver to you, open the box and remove whatever you must have spent and keep the rest in your account till I come over. My love please copy the shipment code number and keep it secret for safety reasons. Scan and Photostat the Air Way Bill receipt. They will need it from you also to prove you are the rightful recipient of the box. Honey pray for my safety so that I can overcome this problem by his grace. We are still working very hard now to keep the ship floating until rescue team arrive.

Please xxxx, it is only me and you that knows what is inside the vault box please keep it to yourself alone as a secret, because you do not know who is who, so be careful and keep it to yourself until you are able to help me to secure it and make sure nobody knows about it including your friends and family I am not saying they are bad people, we just have to do this for our safety.
Love you and God bless you.

In pains and in worries,

Yours sincerely,
David
#239421 by Bryon Williams Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:37 am
Yes, it is a scammer. I can tell by the West African English writing skills.

This phone number 447087693650 is a re-direct number. It means that this number can be answered any where in the world. Re-direct numbers are popular with scammers because the can pretend to be in the UK. When in fact they are in West Africa or Malaysia scamming victims.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#239471 by TerranceBoyce Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:26 am
The brain box of the ship has been damaged

:laugh-s:

A qualified engineer would hardly make a comment like that. He's either a 10 year old child or a pathetic liar whose own 'brain box' is defective.

Scammers can never hope to refer to Ireland and understand the subtleties of the complex relationship between the UK and Eire. He wouldn't be 'nationalised' as he calls it anyway. The word he is struggling for is 'naturalised', but no Irishman would ever make that distinction. Strictly speaking I'm half Irish myself and many English people have an Irish heritage.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#271391 by SlapHappy Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:08 am
A victim came to us to report this scammer. He has a new name now, and email address. The emails are exactly the same, word for word, and the scammer's emails and story continue at SS. There is a fake security company, "The brain box of the ship has been damaged, "and "pirates," too.
Security company gave a bank account to sent fees to, and it will be reported.
The phone number posted here above led me to this post as it is exactly the same, thus the same scammer for sure.

David Durham [email protected]
+447035900633
Number billable as universal access number
Country or destination United Kingdom
City or exchange location
Original network provider* Open Telecom International Ltd
*) Number portability has not been taken into account
Redirected VOIP number.

+447549355912
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination United Kingdom
City or exchange location
Original network provider* Telefonica UK Ltd

FB account: https:/ /www.f/b.com/people/ David-Durham/100010240456103

DIPLOMATIC ORGANIZATION <[email protected]>
Phone: +60146251283
also, [email protected]

BANK NAME: HONG LEONG BANK BERHAD
ACCOUNT NAME: G. M. M.
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3135005xxxx
ACCONT ADDRESS: 38, JALAN 7/108C, TAMAN SUNGAI BESI, 51700, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
SWIFT CODE: HLBBMYKL