Information on romance scams and scammers.
#31140 by anjilwings Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:04 pm
Meet on Match.com and as of 06/20/10 he was still on there under a different screen name. Claims to be widowed now, told me he was divorced. 54 yrs old, living in Miami Florida stationed in Iraq. 1 daughter, both parents dead, father was a jewelry maker, he was raised in Mexico by his mother & that he is Native American.

emailed dated 04/13/10

Hello my sweet angel how are you doing also hope u are doing very well i do care about also and i am ready to spend the rest of my life with you i will always be with u till we grow old and that will never hurt u cos u are part of me now and i promise to also be agreat husband and dad to our children and will also satnd by you no matter what i will make sure you always have the best and i promise to also respect your views as my wife i have been thinking of u all this while also sweetheart and can wiat to see that beautiful face till we talk i wish you enough sweetheart and i love you so much

email address used: [email protected]
IP Addresses used: 41.218.236.128 / 41.210.5.137 / 41.218.240.170 / 41.215.160.135 / 41.210.15.252 / 41.210.1.226 / 41.210.5.239 / 41.210.14.138 / 41.218.245.247

Didn't know there was so many until I looked at all the emails. All came out of Ghana.

He woed me for about 2 wks before asking for money. And no I didn't give him or them any. I reported him to match.com but of course they do not care. This group likes to spout poetry, tells you that they want to marry you, can't get on webcam due to security purposes. I told them that it is against the law in America to impersonate an officer, of course they didn't care. He can also be found on tagged.com and I found another profile on tagged.com under the name of George Touch from Woodland North Carolina.
Advertisement

#31142 by Ralph Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:25 pm
Well posted anjilwings :)

By posting the information on this scammer you will help other people to avoid being scammed, well done.

For the benefit of anybody who finds this post after being in contact with this scammer, we have more information on this type of scam here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527
#34382 by jul Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Thank for the warning about this person...he approached me on Badoo chat site 2day...
as i googled him before i continued to speak to him..
i told him i think his a scammer,,, he called me a foolish woman and said he would take all my money... not a nice person at all,,, i reported him to the chat site....thanks again,,, these scammers need to be stopped

i have spoken to a few,,, but they havnt got nothing from me,,
#34383 by anjilwings Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:33 pm
I am glad you googled his name first. I finally started doing that after I ran into him. I know he is still on Match.com, I saw a new profile for him when I went into delete mine. It is people like this that makes us mistrust others. I got to the point where I became really harsh with anyone that contacted me. But it all worked out in the end. I found someone, even googled him and he knows, so there is some descent men out there, just have to weed through all the toads. Thanks scamwarners for this wonderful site. Another potential victim has been saved.
#69490 by yakicosta66 Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:05 am
hi my name is yakima i met this man on match.com and he told me his name was robert touch and that he was in the army he is a widowed his wife died 5 years ago he has a daughter that is 20 years old and that she lives in new jersey with her aunt and we chated everyday for a whole month and he wrote nice things to me told me how he wanted to marry me and that we was going to buy a new house where ever i wanted to live he said that he was going to retired from the army in december that he got me a diamond ring and neckles and in the box there would have been a uniform with 200,000.00 usd with info of his phone and other important things in the box then he told me that he was going to have this man by the name oh richy ofori and that he was a diplomat but when richy got to the airport he could not get here because of the diamonds then he told me he need 6500 and then richy would come and bring me the box i sent him 3,000 usd to ghana accra and two days later he asked me to buy him a laptop a cellphone and some clothes and 100 usd im glad that i found the truth about these websites
#69543 by Dotti Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:17 am
I'm sorry you were scammed by this thief, but lad you realized before losing anything else.

The best thing you can do now is to cut off all contact with this scammer immediately. Do not answer his emails, don't take his phone calls, and block him from your messenger. He will likely continue to try to scam you, but if he can't reach you, he can't get to you.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.