Information on romance scams and scammers.
#114078 by Spook Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:18 pm
http://en.netlog.com/benstiller799
benstiller799
male - 44 years, California City, United States
About me
i am Ben from California. I am a very loving person who has a lot of love to give. I am looking for that one real love that I can share my life with. I am a very affectionate person and need that in return. I am always ready to do what ever my partner wants as long as we are together. I am so easy going and very down to earth. I don't like drama or negative energy. I love to laugh and have fun.

thanks for the reply.hope you are good. i am new here and hardly come on this site because i am a very busy man. i will so much appreciate it if you can give me your yahoo or hotmail ID for better talk on messanger. i will be so much glad and i will be looking onto you to hear from you as soon as possible. thanks

alright. my mail address is [email protected]. you can email me and also add me on your messanger. thanks.

Advertisement

#114462 by Spook Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:44 am
Received: from [93.186.31.84]
IP: 93.186.31.84
Hostname: 93-186-31-84.rdns.blackberry.net
ISP: Research In Motion UK Limited
Organization: Research In Motion UK Limited
Services: Suspected network sharing device

Just thought I'd write you a short note to tell you how much I enjoyed chatting with you Today, I can't remember when I had a more pleasant time with a woman my heart cherish. Everything felt so natural, and you were very easy to talk to. It's hard for me to figure what it is about you that attracts me so. I suppose it might be the combination of your great sense of humor, your charming personality. Whatever it is, I can sense its presence. You could call it chemistry, or better yet, the possibility that we are on the same wavelength.
I really hope that our first meeting would never be the last because I felt very special when I was chatting with you. I truly want to give our friendship a chance to grow into something special.
Well, I guess I've said enough for the time being, have a sweet night rest, hopefully, I'll Love to chat with you again. Take a good care of yourself. Can't wait again to talk to you at messanger. Bye
#117248 by Spook Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:31 am
Received: from [41.206.11.15]
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 05:58:03 -0700 (PDT)
IP: 41.206.11.15
ISP: MTN Nigeria :mrgreen:
Organization: IP Block Assigned for MTN N Corporate Clients
Services: Suspected network sharing device
Geolocation Information

oh its been awhile talking to you, i am very sorry about that. i am so much busy this days that i hardly come online to talk to you. please i so much need you and really want to want you to come online. so how are you doing and hope you have being good.
Honestly i so much cant wait to talk to you on messanger, please come online to talk to me because moments without you seems dark to me and you only can be a solace to my restless soul and i believe with you there is no darkness i cant overcome.
please come to my aid by talking to me and make me the happiest man on the earth. oh my God, i really wanna see my happy days again and i know with you, all is oh ok by me. please talk to me online. thank you so much and really cant wait to talk to you.
i so much miss talk to you dear and cant wait to talk to you.
#124617 by merci Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:19 am
I have been talking with him for a few weeks now and just noticed the diiference in his profile which said he was 45 and had 1 child to what he told me which was he is 55 with 2 boys, that got me looking for him on line and i found these emails from him and yes he did send me the same email. What i don't see is when did he scam someone and what did he do? I have more pics of him with his kids. I don't know where to post them
#124622 by Bubbles Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:56 am
Hello merci, You ask good questions. Here are the answers:

1. The photos are not photos of the person you are receiving emails from.
2. The person you are getting emails from is in either Nigeria or Malaysia, not Los Angeles or where ever he claims.
3. The children in the photos are not children of the person you are emailing.
4. If he has sent you the exact same email messages (scripts) as are posted by Spook, that means he is not really in a relationship with you. He is sending scripted emails to get further involved with you.

What romance scammers do is keep sending email messages to keep you on the hook. Eventually he will ask you for money to help him get out of some kind of trouble. I particularly don't like these scammers because they take money from their victims AND they take people's emotions and dash them on the floor, they then will ask you to send more money.

For now it seems innocent and fun. For the scammer it is very serious and he will go to a lot of lengths to get to your money.

Regarding the photos, instructions for posting photos are found in a link in my signature line. Be sure to deface the photos so they cannot be picked up by another scammer. Also blank out the faces of the children in the photos as they are innocent and should not have their photos exposed this way.

Thank you.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#125105 by merci Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:59 pm
I really need help to post these pictures. It all seems so difficult to me. I don't know how to write on a pic and i don't know how to blend out the faces of the children. I have his profile from netlog and his email that states he has 2 children and not one as the profile says. Also showing his age difference. That i would like to post but don't want to post the wrong things here.
#223005 by sweetscat Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:41 am
Legionlady14; I met this Ben Stiller on Facebook also in January 2014. We communicated back and forth, as he was leaving for Cypress with his 2 boys. After he got there he asked to borrow $550 ,cause they wouldn't take American Express Checks. Which I knew was not true. He then preceeded to need money for more building supplies and wanted me to send him $850, after I refused to send him the $550. I never sent him any money. I figured out his scheme form the start. I blocked him and I see he is still at it. More than one woman at a time. So you are not alone.
#232663 by crazykitty Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:40 pm
When I met him, he was getting ready to go to Nigeria to work on the construction for a hotel. Taking his 2 boys with him b eca use he could not get anyone to watch them. He was suppose to be there for only 3 weeks. He tried to get me to buy him an i-phone and send it to him so he could buy building supplies to finish his hotel project. Poor thing, he ran out of money :( . Then he wanted to know if the boys could come back to the U.S. and stay with me until he returned to the States. He probably would have asked me to buy the tickets.
I assume he is still over there.

edit by dotti - removed info that does not belong