Information on romance scams and scammers.
#246122 by joannekay Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:28 pm
This has been awful.. got tied up into some fake military serving man he lied I believed we would meet marry then be happy what a joke. He goes by Malcolm theres a million of them out there. Don't be fooled like I was his last scheme was that was caught with two boxes full of money at the pentagon and now in military jail of course asking for money to help free him. If that was the case no court would hold you in hopes of payment. Now since I wont send money I am useless to him. The world we live in today is awful the internet can be dangerous I just hope he hasn't done this to anyone else. His email [email protected] has polish accent every picture is different I know everything he has told me is fake I checked it out this is devastating hurtful and depressing, however I can pick myself up dust me off and hit the ground running. Be careful protect yourself from jerks like this...Joanne
Advertisement

#246131 by Dotti Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:55 pm
I am very sorry that you have encountered a romance scammer.

As you said, there are many of them out there.

While scammers can come from anywhere, the particular scam scenario you describe is most frequently used by scammers from western Africa (e.g., Nigeria, Ghana, etc.) These scammers also change fake names often, even when reusing the same stories.

Could you please post some of the messages this scammer sent to you (remove your own name and email address first) ? Posting them not only serves as necessary evidence of scamming, it also helps other victims who may be approached with the same fake lines but different names.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.