Scams re-targeting those who have already been victimized
#343862 by Lct Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:06 am
I was recently a victim of a internet scam/fraud. I received an email from Interpol telling me that they were aware of the con men and the scam. They said they could get my lost funds back and a possible compensation approved by the United Nations. But I had to hire a competent barrister to take my case. Interpol's services are free the agent said and I only had to pay a fee to get my case started. How can I find out about if this is true or not? I've kept all the emails.
Lct
Advertisement

#343864 by AlanJones Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:22 am
Interpol do not email victims of scams telling them that they can get their money back. This is what is known as a recovery scam and targets previous scam victims in an attempt to steal even more money from them. Just delete the mail without responding.

Please also post all of the emails here for other victims to find.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#343880 by Lct Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:53 am
This is one of the emails i received

INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER

Complaint Id: XXX

Reference: XXX

INTERPOL Washington
U.S. Department of Justice
Washington, DC 20530-0001

Oct 25, 2017.

COMPLAINT FORM

Please find attached copies of the case registration form as written you yesterday and narrate your incidence into details so that you can present a meaningful case. The complaint form stands as your report sheets to the INTERPOL which would also be copied to the United Nations. We are optimistic that you will be eligible for compensation and the recovery of your lost funds, should you have any problems completing the form, please call me and I will be available to assist.

If you are unable to retrieve the attachment, please notify us so that we can fax them to you.

We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank You

Lynda Smith

Assistant Special Agents in Charge
International Police Department(Interpol)
Department of Justice,
United Nations National Central Bureau.

1-352-325-5786

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in error.Any unauthorized use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is strictly prohibited. The information contained in this email, including any attachment sent with it, may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to financial security service matters.If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone on 1-352-325-5786 or by return email. You should also delete this email, and any copies, from your computer system network and destroy any hard copies produced.

If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute or take any action(s) that relies on it; any form of disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this email is also prohibited.Although we take all reasonable steps to ensure this email does not contain malicious software,we do not accept responsibility for the consequences if any person's computer inadvertently suffers any disruption to services, loss of information, harm or is infected with a virus, other malicious computer program or code that may occur as a consequence of receiving this email. Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views of the sender and not the views of the Government
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Last edited by AlanJones on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Removed personal details
#343881 by Lct Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:56 am
This is the email from The United Nations

The United Nations Compensation Commission

(António Guterres) UN/WB/FNG COMPENSATING PROCESS
OUR REF: UN-FGA/WB4/11
YOUR REF: (UN/WB/FGA)
BATCH: 607-2017-750/198

We write to inform you that we have been authorized by the International Community in conjunction with the World Bank to investigate the list of scammed victims who as one way or the other lost their valuables-Money, Assets, etc. to a perpetrator. We have been having a meeting for the past 7 months which ended on the 8th of September. 2017 . The UNITED NATIONS have agreed to compensate you for being a scam victim in Nigeria due to the concluded the claims-processing exercise in 2017, Its mandate is to process claims and pay compensation for losses and damage suffered as a direct result of the internet scam.

This note is intended to officially notify you of the approval of the sum of Five Hundred and Fifty Thousand United State Dollars ($550,000.00) USD payable to your name being payment for the compensation by the United Nations (UN) upon a satisfactory compliance message given by the International Police Agency (INTERPOL) for providing them adequate information about group of con men who resides in Nigeria perpetrating fraudulent activities and causing terrible havoc to the life of innocent men and women across the universe.

For the above mentioned reason, order has been given to the ministry of finance in Nigeria to release the sum of Five Hundred And Fifty Thousand United State Dollars ($550,000.00) USD to you as compensation for losing such amount to the hand of scam in their country due to lack of discipline of their government to capture and eradicate scam activity within their vicinity.

Contact your Interpol agent to facilitate your payment because of the reports of scams/fraud going on. Give your agent your File Reference (BB/04/77-UN) as a proof to claim these funds and to confirm you are still willing

Kindly accept my Congratulations

Yours Faithfully,
United Nations
secretary General,
António Guterres.
Last edited by AlanJones on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
#343884 by AlanJones Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:11 am
Please post the email addresses that the scammers are using.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.