Scams re-targeting those who have already been victimized
#366031 by RDW Thu May 31, 2018 7:44 pm
My partner received a phone call yesterday claiming to be from the Ministry of Justice. He said that there was a payment from a court in Malaga in connection with Club Class Concierge which was due to me but had been embargoed. She told them that they would have to speak to me at 10am today.
A bit of background. During a holiday in Benidorm I signed up to Club Class Concierge. I'm not proud of that, but hey, these things happen.

So, at 10AM today the phone rang and a very well spoken man identified himself as Michael Jacobs of the MoJ Finance Department, he even gave me an 'Employee identification number' of CE1156337. He told me that the MoJ had received some money for me as a result of a court action and that the Malaga Court would not allow them to release the money until I called 0034 611 361279 and talked to 'Ian Jones' in the English-speaking department of the Malaga Court.

I've contacted the real MoJ and they have confirmed that this is a scam. I suspect that the telephone number given is a premium rate number, and/or the person at the other end (it is a Spanish country code) will simply be another member of the team trying to persuade me to pay a small admin fee ....
Advertisement