Scams re-targeting those who have already been victimized
#13483 by Ralph Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:45 am
This scam email tries to gain your trust by telling you about scams

It is targeted at those people who have lost money to scammers but believe they actually do have money owing to them.

The sad reality is that this is simply another scam and those who fall for it are likely to still believe they do have a large amount of money waiting for them.

West African Monetary Agency
show details Aug 13

ECONOMIC COMMUNITY OF WEST AFRICAN STATES (ECOWAS)
COMMUNAUTE ECONOMIQUE DES ETATS DE L’AFRIQUE DE
L’OUEST (CEDEAO)
WEST AFRICAN MONETARY AGENCY (WAMA)
AGENCE MONETAIRE DES ETATS DE L’AFRIQUE DE
L’OUEST (AMAO)
Tel: +234 8022010391 ; Fax: +234 1 7592698

"RE: RELEASE OF YOUR OVERDUE PAYMENT"

Dear Beneficiary

Have you truly executed a contract with the federal government of Nigeria ? Do you really have a relation that died in Nigeria of whom you are claiming an inheritance fund? Do you truly win lotto in Nigeria ?

Please, be sincere with yourself. These medium are being used to scam innocent people. But those that genuinely executed a contract with the federal government of Nigeria , or have a relation inheritance funds to claim or won lotto in Nigeria are being abandoned half way with levies and taxes while claiming their funds. This was due to lot of abnormalities that had happened in the Central Bank of Nigeria , private banks and financial institutions these recent years, where some top officials of the banks collaborated with imposters to extort money from our creditors.

Consequently we have been mandated by Mr. President of FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA in accordance with ECOWAS protocol 126 signed in Freetown Sierra Leone by members states in September 1996 to investigate, verify and settle all outstanding debts owed to foreign contractors and Nigerian business associates whose payment is overdue. These are those who have shown sufficient proof regarding the release of their fund and we hope you have done so.

We await your immediate response to release your overdue fund.

Yours Sincerely,

Micheal Miller,

Bilingual Secretary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is intended solely for the use of the individual and entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable state and federal laws. If you are not the addressee, or are not authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, distribute, or disclose to anyone this message or the information contained herein. If you have received this message in error, immediately advise the sender by reply email and destroy this message.
Advertisement

#13512 by Ralph Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:18 am
For those who reply to this email you will be sent follow up emails like these

In order to get further information and to provide proof of this scam I used a completely anonymous email address and sent this reply full of completely false information

Please do not do this unless you have learnt how to do it safely

Hi

I do have a problem with a lotto win that has not been delivered, I have paid many fees and still the money has not arrived.

Could you please check your files for
(Completely fake name)
TICKET NUMBER:023-0148-790-459
In the Free Lotto Sweepstakes

I hope you can help me, I am about to lose my house

Regards

Dear Sir,

That experience you had was fraud. Send the information of the people to me, even though their telephones are no longer functional. I will report them to the Economic Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) to apprehend them and recover your money for you if you are lucky.

Maybe, the same people were trying to use your information to siphon some fund also but could not succeed and leaving the fund unclaimed?

This with reference to File: 15FGNC97, a sub-contract awarded to you by the defunct ATLANTIC CONSTRUCTION COMPANY LTD, valued US$70 million dollars. The contract was executed and accomplished. A sum of US$45 million was paid,
I have all the documents which I retrieved from the CBN archives.

The fund belongs to the defunct company Atlantic construction company that was owned clandestinely by the deceased head of states, the dictator General Sanny Abacha. The company went bankrupt immediately after his death. His collaborators also have tried to divert this fund into their personal accounts but in vain. If you wish, we will transfer this fund into your bank account as compensation to your lost money, a deal which will be in cooperation of both us. The share of this fund will be 50% ration on each side.

To commence transfer, I will send some forms to you to fill and return to me. I will also forward to you later, all the relevant documents I got from the archives. These will authenticate your claim at your bank when this fun will be remitted into your account.

Best regards,
Miller

and

Dear Sir,
That experience you had was a fraud. Send the information of the people to me, even though their telephones are no longer functional. I will report them to the Economic Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) to apprehend them and recover your money for you if you are lucky.
#13596 by Ralph Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:18 am
Here is a further email in from these scammers

Fill the forms attached below with utmost care and send the electronic copies to us.

FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE:

CONTRACT NUMBER: FMWH/ACC/1458/X-97

CONTRACT AMOUNT: US$70 MILLION

AMOUNT DUE: (YOUR CONTRACT AMOUNT US$25 MILLION)

AMOUNT INVOLVED: (YOUR CONTRACT AMOUNT US$25 MILLION) DETAIL OF CONTRACT: SUB-CONTRACT (FMWH/ACC/1458/X-97) EXECUTED BY ATLANTIC CONSTRUCTION COMPANY LTD.

PURPOSE OF PAYMENT: A SUB-CONTRACT PAYMENT TO ATLANTIC CONSTRUCT COMPANY LTD.

PURPOSE OF CONTRACT: CONTRACT EXECUTED FOR THE BENEFIT OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA UNDER FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS AND HOUSING

Best regards,
Miller.