Scams re-targeting those who have already been victimized
#22675 by Chris Fuller Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:33 am
This scam is aimed at people who have applied for a loan in response to a Loan Scam email, and have been concerned about why the promised money never arrived. The scammer pretends that the previous Loan Scam was genuine, and that the money is now held up at Western Union Money Transfer.

It is untrue - it is another scam, aimed at taking more money from a person who may have already paid money to scammer. This scammer, like others, will invent some imaginary fees that it is necessary to pay before the money is released. In reality, the money does not exist.

From: western union money transfer Ghana <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010
Subject: FROM WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER

ImageImage
WESTERN UNION HEAD OFFICE ACCRA GHANA
IN COLLABORATION WITH WESTERN UNION

DEAR SIR,
WE THE MANAGEMENT OF WESTERN UNION HERE IN GHANA WISH TO LET YOU INFORMED OF YOUR MONEY WHICH YOU HAVE IN OUR SYSTEM TO BE TRANSFERRED TO YOU, SOME TIME AGO YOU APPLIED FOR A LOAN FROM A LOAN COMPANY BUT YOU DID NOT GET THE LOAN FROM THE COMPANY BUT WE ARE CONTACTING YOU BASE ON THE LOAN YOU APPLIED FOR FROM A LOAN COMPANY, THE MONEY WHICH YOU APPLIED FOR IS IN OUR SYSTEM BUT WE WANT TO CONFIRM FROM YOU IF REALLY YOU APPLIED FOR ANY LOAN SOME TIME AGO SO THAT WE DO NOT TRANSFER THIS MONEY TO THE WRONG PERSON.

IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE THE PERSON WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THEN WE WANT YOU TO PROVIDE US WITH THE BELOW INFORMATION:
YOUR FULLNAME:
YOUR MOBILE NUMBER:
AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU APPLIED FOR:
NEXT OF KIN:

WE WILL BE WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU WITH THESE INFORMATIONS AND AS SOON AS WE GET THIS INFORMATION FROM YOU, WE WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NEXT FOR YOU TO BE ABLE TO GET THIS YOUR MONEY WHICH IS ALREADY IN OUR SYSTEM HERE IN OUR OFFICE.

BEST REGARDS AS WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU.

MANAGEMENT, WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER GHANA

Advertisement

#63608 by sajibacker Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:37 am
i'm sajeev aboobacker,working in saudi arabia.need a loan from western union for a business in india.i had sent above 30000/- indian rupees sent every month through to western union.i have these documents.how i can get a loan from western union,pls inform me:Deleted your email address for privacy and security. ~Bubbles
#63611 by began steele Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:49 am
WESTERN UNION DO NOT GIVE LOANS. YOU ARE INVOLVED WITH A LIAR. I am sorry you have lost money to a criminal , and you must send no more. Any Western Union transfer REQUEST over the internet from someone you have not actually met is a scam. Accept nothing and send nothing. There is no money waiting for you and whatever you try to do do to get any will result in requests for more upfront fees supported by a lot of lies.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#63684 by Bubbles Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:23 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners sajibacker. If you have been sending money to someone who claims to be from Western Union for a loan, please post up the email address they are contacting you from and the headers from that email address.

As Began Steele indicated, it sounds like you are involved in a scam and we need more information to confirm that.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.