Scams re-targeting those who have already been victimized
#177563 by mariacaxuxa Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:16 pm
I reported to 'ONLINE FRAUD AND SCAM CHECKERS' from a guy in Nigeria who has scammed me and took 25.000€ from me.
They replied and after saying they were sorry for my suffering (I was in love :-( ) They told me the following:

"Yes, there are alot of work to be done and we have alot of clients and victims that we are dealing with and assisting so that's why you will never receive a mail from [email protected] until will finalize with your investigations.

Like i said in my previous mail, your payment covers for a lawyer and a witness and as soon as your payment has been confirmed, our lawyer will contact you and he will be the one to look for a witness for you just to stand for you here, so you dont need to travel to Nigeria for court hearing.

There would be 5 different court hearings that you would be needing a lawyer and a witness so as soon as the investigation begins, your lawyer will always keep you up to date with all the activities here. You dont have to be confused so you need to stay relaxed and calmed. You will be paying a Sum of 700.00euros for your lawyer and witness and as soon as your payment is confirmed, a case file will be opened for you and will given the case file number in which you will be able to follow up with the case and investigations. Please, reply as soon as possible and let me know what you think. Thanks.

Online Fraud Tracker Unit,
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission."

Shall I believe or not?
Will I get my money back or not?
Please advise me.... I have no more savings.

#177565 by Mumbles Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:20 pm
Sorry. Another scam. Might be same scammer. There won't be any hearings and no money coming back to you. This is a common trick to convince you to send more money. By now you should know, business is never done by Western Union.

Look here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26244

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well ...”

Martin Luther King Jr.
#177662 by Joseph Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:40 am
This is a scammer trying to impersonate the sector of Nigerian law enforcement (LE) that deals with such crimes. In short the scammer is going to play LE and of course the LE will require legal fees or some other thing like that in order to recover your funds. It is another scam.

Now, even going to Nigerian LE, the actual EFCC, there is very little hope. Aside from the fact that they seem to take very little interest or make very little dent in Nigeria's fraud problem, Nigeria as a country is about as corrupt as they come:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_in_Nigeria

See this as well and note the most corrupt force is listed as the 'police' which may or may not include the EFCC in Nigeria as the term 'police' is very much associated with LE:

http://www.transparency.org/country#NGA_PublicOpinion

In short do not fall for this recovery scam the scammer is trying to trick you into and also be very wary of anything that has the label 'Nigeria' in conjunction with recovering funds from fraudulent activity. Nigeria's track record in this regard is not exactly stellar, in fact it is near non-existent. The best thing you can do is cease all contact with this scammer and be wary of further email or phone offers as these fraud artists will try to scam you in other ways.

Sincerely,

- Joseph Kovacs
仁義