Scams re-targeting those who have already been victimized
#179129 by csabalburo Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:31 am
Hi everyone,
I'm new to scamwarners, I literally just signed up. But I believe that I've been caught up in the beginnings of one of those fake administrative assistant ads posted on craigslist. I've been in the unemployed market for a long time now, and I've been desperately hunting craigslist for a job opportunity with no luck, until I saw this ad which I've now learned is a scam.

Long story short, replied to the ad, got an email from a Daniel Craig who was a supposed photographer, and he then gave me the long schpeel about receiving money, using a portion of it to buy supplies I would need to carry out his duties, and didn't give me much information after that.

I gave him my address but that was about all.

Now, I've just received this check for a large sum which is saying it comes from a personal injury law firm, which is nowhere near a photographer. and doesn't even have the daniel craig person's name on it.

So i guess my question isn't so much is this a scam, because it's already too suspect not to be, but what do I do with the check? should I just throw it away and keep ignoring the emails?

Thanks for your help guys. really appreciate it.
Advertisement

#179132 by Gateway Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:14 am
Welcome to SW... :D

Just tear the cheque up into wee bits !!!

If you were to cash it, it would be honoured, but a few months or weeks down the line it would come back as a fraudulent one, that is when you are in trouble.

Have no more contact with the scammer, I too am looking for a job, I just use the Jobcentre website, S1 Jobs, CV Library (i'm in the UK), not to say that you do not get the odd scam job showing up on them.

I would not even consider using Craigs List

Hope this helps

If you wish you can email me at
[email protected]

How to get E-Mail Headers
http://www.isipp.com/resources/email-headers/
#180175 by duckyduck10 Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:47 am
I made an account JUST to say that I got the same email from Daniel Craig!!!
I just responded with:

" 'Daniel',

Do not contact me again, or I will go to the cops.
As for your check, Chase Bank is holding it as a fraudulant document.

Again, do NOT contact me"

Did he tell you that he was gonna pay you $500 a week?? :roll: