What's new in the world of scams and ScamWarners.
#280669 by TerranceBoyce Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:52 pm
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/632632/manhunt-sex-offender-lures-women-dating-sites-dying-millionaire

Jan 7, 2016

Manhunt for sex offender who lures women on DATING SITES pretending to be terminally ill

A MANHUNT has been launched to find a sex offender who pretends to be a dying millionaire to seduce women on dating sites.

The Metropolitan Police said Matt, a convicted sex offender, is known to target women on dating sites and gains their trust by "claiming to be terminally ill with a brain tumour".

Met Police said in a statement: "He also claims to be a millionaire and promises vast sums of money to his victims as he's dying and just wants to help people."

Matt travelled extensively visiting hotels and defrauding his victims in the North West, North East, Midlands and Merseyside areas of England.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
Advertisement

#280674 by HillBilly Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:17 pm
They sure do have a large crowd of suspects using the description
...pretending to be terminally ill...

... who pretends to be a dying millionaire to seduce women on dating sites.

... is known to target women on dating sites and gains their trust by "claiming to be terminally ill with a brain tumour".

"He also claims to be a millionaire and promises vast sums of money to his victims as he's dying and just wants to help people."

Seriously, we have an entire website with with tens of thousands of those claims, if not hundreds of thousands or more.... and that is just this one site !!!

I wish them well in their search. That is a big challenge !!

#280750 by TerranceBoyce Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:49 pm
I know what you mean HillBilly, but just to clear up any possible confusion, the perp in this case has been identified and his photo has been published on the page link that I posted which belongs to a major UK newspaper.

Normally I post photos, but in this case as he hasn't been convicted of the crime referred to, I decided not to. The newspaper did presumably because he has broken the terms of his release on licence.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#280758 by HillBilly Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:39 pm
thanks for the clarification, TB :) a picture does narrow the field an awful lot :wink: