What's new in the world of scams and ScamWarners.
#150809 by began steele Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:53 pm
It will not be long before scammers arrive.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21334710
This report is a very good tool kit for fraud. If you are asked to have an interview like this ensure you see the other person. This is common courtesy and nothing else. I am submitting a complaint regarding this article so please follow suit. Wrong message and wrong everywhere.
Ensure you talk to a real person and not an interactive video. Ask for "on the spur" demonstrations to see it is not a video. No employeee will object as long as you explain this they may even like it. Better still- tell employee that you have time for them and they do not have time for you and so they can "**! " XX!* off. It is not a job at "any price" and for you job seekers the more you know this the better you will be. Hold your head up and be patient.
"I had the usual nerves before my interview. But I Skype all the time as my parents live in South Africa so it felt like a much more familiar process. What I found quite disconcerting was when I first turned on the video, my interviewer had his camera turned off.
"It would have been awkward if I turned my camera off and on again so I just went through the interview with a black screen. It was a bit like talking to myself."

Is this right? I think it is, at best, discourtesy and at most a scam. My opinion folks!

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
Advertisement

#155532 by carol brin Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:02 am
Great tip.
thanks.
this is going to be very useful for every single person whose applying online for the job and going for the interview through Skype I mean a virtual interview.
#155534 by began steele Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:46 am
No it is not a great tool . It is a passport to more employment scams and better ways to convince the victim . It is very dangerous indeed. It is possible to see the other person -you think- and be watching a video. Ultimately you will become a money mule laundering money .

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.