If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#239033 by chillax_sunny Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:31 am
OMG! I just sent them my resume with picture and complete contact details yesterday, only to find out today that this is a scam company! I even googled the email address and company before I send them everything and can't find it so I thought it's probably a new company. OMG! So what are they going to do now with my profile! I hope they won't use my name to scam people!

I received 2 emails from them.

This is a 1-day application processing.
Pls submit the following to proceed with your application.

(screenshot of the result and email it back in jpg)
1 typing test (any website)
2 Internet Literacy
-> http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/sto ... t-Literacy
3 updated resume with recent picture

Incomplete response will automatically discarded.
Your ability in following instruction is a must!
---
Nathaniel M. Echevarria
Human-Capital Department/Operations

After I sent them the screenshot and my resume I received another email.

Position previously applied was rush and was filled up.
At present we have new opportunity which we think suits you best.

Job Hiring:
VIRTUAL ASST
--------------------------------------
Must be adept to perform these task and similar independently
- online advertising (ad posting, blogs, forums,etc)
- maintain/update marketing materials inc. website
- research and learn new skills
rate is $250-600usd based on skills/experience.
flexible schedule as long as you can deliver
8hrs/day , mon-sat
and most of all, on top of his/her communication.
--------------------------------------
To proceed ..

There are series of questions we need to ask for us to
determine if you fit to what we are looking for.

Answer honestly and to the best of your level.
There's no right or wrong answer.

Essay:
Why should we hire you?
Google about online marketing, and let us what
can you contribute.
What is the most difficult situation you've been
lately:
- how you handled it
- and what was the end result.

Our tm will evaluate your answers and we will
provide feedback asap. So always check your inbox!

After receiving this email I became suspicious because they said it was an urgent post but they only emailed me few days after sending my application for the hiring process and now I'm done with it they are saying position was filled up. But I was offered another position and said I am qualified to be a VA when obviously it is not the position I was applying for and I have no experience being a VA. I'm not even sure if I have the skills but they said they think the VA post suits me and there are also writing/grammar errors and no name of the sender on the second email that makes it suspicious. SCAM :evil:
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations.
Advertisement

#239034 by Bryon Williams Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:46 am
Welcome to scamwarner,

The scammer needed your information for you to believe in his fake job.

Make sure you meet your future employers face to face.

I will split this into its own thread.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#239077 by dadutsky Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:36 am
To: chillax_sunny

I have had the exact same experience as yours. I, too, am searching for home-based internet job and came across that AXA Bpo company. Notice that its company name also changed on the last email (it was LLC on the first email, see?). Your contact person's name is Nathaniel M. Echevarria, mine is Sophie Sapiandante.
#239081 by Bryon Williams Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:06 am
^^^Welcome to Scamwarners

Please post the complete fake company name they used.

Everyone reading this thread needs to meet their future employer face to face. If by chance you do find a real online job it will not pay enough to buy $20.00 worth of food a month.

Scammer are not familiar with the laws. So they do not know the employment rules. Do not educate them and tell them what is required.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#239125 by winkylmrc Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:36 pm
I am working for this company currently.just got hired. been doing tasks for them for 2 days now.
I felt reluctant about them as well, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt.The first time, they said they have a requirement of sending an SMS credit to a trunkline, it's worth 30 pesos. serves as 'registration'.so i did, it was just 30 pesos anyway and like i said i gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Now on my third day of work, they said that the final requirement is for agents to pay 500 for the 'accredited training center' who will provide certification. this final requirement is for the mgmt to see if the agent is competent in adhering to their laws.
now this really blew me off and raised my suspicion to the highest level, i thought the job was already ok.

he even gave me the recipient's details:

Lowella May Caballero Lastimosa in Quezon city.
It stopped me there..of course, won't make any payment,..after all, if an employer wants an employee, they wont be asking for a fee, right?

I just want to ask those who were sent the AXA BPO Resource job offer, ..how far did you go with this job posting?
#239127 by HillBilly Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:59 pm
winkylmrc, thanks for posting this information. Do you have a website, email address, or phone #'s for AXA Bpo or any of their "employees" you could post? This information will help others doing internet searches find that these are scammers.

#239161 by winkylmrc Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:19 am
the same email addresses have already been stated in this post.
they have an "SMS trunkline"

0928 139 0079

accdg to their house rules, if you have violation of tasks, you simply just send sms credit to that number.

they do have very specific house rules.
they seem to be legit, until they asked for PHP 500 for their "training center"..
this will be sent to their "cashier" , the intended recipient was Lowella May Caballero Lastimosa .she has a profile on Facebook.

when they asked for it, it was automatically a dealbreaker for me and i stopped logging in for work.
#239164 by chillax_sunny Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:07 am
Thanks Bryon! Good to know these scammers won't use our name for their fake jobs.
To: dadutsky, yeah and they always switch email address
To: winkylmrc, What a waste of time and effort but on the bright side at least you found out early they're fraud and good to know you didn't wire them money.

BTW here is the original job posting on Craigslist. seems legit...

LOOKING FOR A HOME-BASE JOB?

What are you waiting for? If you think you have a potential to be part of our team... All you need to do is apply by sending your resume to deliapo66atgmaildotcom

Qualification:

Qualifications:
-Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
-Willing to work : 5:30AM - 09:30AM or 6:00am - 10:00am (Mon-Thurs) and 11PM - 2AM (Sat) Manila Time
-Must have appointment setting experience of at least 6 months
-Experience in Home Improvement Campaign is a PLUS
-Must be familiar with ViciDial, Gdocs, Basecamp, and Timedoctor
-Committed to work and GROW with us
#239185 by dadutsky Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:27 am
To: chillax_sunny and winkylmrc, thank you for the informative responses. Especially the details posted by winkylmrc, legit companies do not require fees or any amount for anything from applicants. I was about to provide the essay response to AXA today, until I've read your post. NOW I'm certain I won't go on with my application. Again, thank you.

To: Bryon, ouch! But yes, these legit online "jobs" are not decent sources of income. I've been into online home-based jobs since 2010, all sorts of them I've tried (and continues to), and the best thing that happens to me is earn $20 in ONE YEAR (!) so I join more than one site. :(

Anyone who knows a legit and decent online job, you're my new bestfriend. Feel free to send me a message. I will reply at once. Thank you in advance.
#239186 by winkylmrc Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:37 am
Dammit, it was such a waste. I kinda enjoyed the tasks assigned to me. I never really put my full trust on them.. In a way i was waiting for something to happen.. And there it was..

Still looking for a Homebased job as of the moment
#239188 by AlanJones Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:16 am
dadutsky wrote:Anyone who knows a legit and decent online job, you're my new bestfriend. Feel free to send me a message.

First off asking people to message you with recommendations, here or elsewhere, will likely end up with people trying to sign you up to dodgy MLM schemes or outright scams.

No legitimate business is going to want to (or probably even be allowed to) hire self-employed work at home staff to do admin type jobs, so unless you have a desirable skill that lends itself to short-term one-off projects where it isn't worth an "employer" hiring some one on a permanent (or even fixed-term) contract (or you have what it takes to become a YouTube blogger) then, like Bryon said, you're not going to earn more than pocket change and once you've taken tax into account (if you're topping up another wage, you're probably going to be taxed on this income), your hourly rate would probably be far below any minimum or living wage. Anyone promising you otherwise or trying to sign you up to the "next big thing" is just lying to you (or have been duped themselves).

Even if you have the skills that lend themselves to freelancing (webdesign, programming, etc.), you're not guaranteed regular work, you're going to have to contend with being undercut by people in developing countries, who can afford to work for a fraction of what you do and will have to deal with clients trying to rip you off.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#239311 by dadutsky Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:36 am
AlanJones wrote: First off asking people to message you with recommendations, here or elsewhere, will likely end up with people trying to sign you up to dodgy MLM schemes or outright scams.

Yeah, I know. Like I said, I've been into online income sources since 2010, and over the time I've learned how to tell a scam when I see it. All I'm trying to say is that I never stop seeking for online jobs no matter how many times I stumble upon a suspicious source. And whenever I do, I simply just don't go for it and move on to the next one.

Nevertheless, I got your point. It doesn't hurt to be reminded once in a while. So thank you. :)
#239562 by Ted Tan Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:03 am
Hi Guys,

I am so glad I have read this section regarding the works of AXA BPO Resource Inc. I also the same and just this day I have received Skype notification that says
"final requirement

the management keen with regards to competence of our agents.
so adhere the concern we have accredited training center that can provide certification
cost is P500 and will be shouldered by the agents(you).

this will be refunded after 3-mos of employment with us.
must be complied asap, otherwise you cannot be included in payroll.
you will be sending the fund to their cashier or finance in charge via western union.
let us know when you can do this.."

Better, I got into this forum and finally provided a clear message that this guys are scam. When I got the above message I immediately have a second thought as to the legitimacy of this AXA BPO thing. Luckily, I found this forum to support my instinct. However, I may have delivered 2 occasions of smart load that is also being part of their processeses but, that it. It's still good it does not do any further harm to me.

How will they be stopped from this scrupulous acts?