Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#191459 by wis5 Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:04 am
Hello please read this if you are contacting "[email protected]" for pet adoption!!!
I am glad I found this website because it saved me from being deceived from those pet adoption criminals!!

I was searching the web to see if I could find a cat for adoption in kuwait and a found this kuwaitcatsandkittens.blogspot.com and an email posted [email protected]. Guys beware this is a scam.
I email the person and he replied the next day saying that he has pure breed russian blue kittens (cassy and lizzie) ready to be shipped to kuwait for 48 KWD only. (shipping and adoption cost)

Here's the email :
/Hello
Thanks for you mail in regards to my male and female kittens which
are still available, i just got 1 male and 1 female called
Cassy, but am sure you are interested in both kittens.
They are well raised and potty trained, vet checked, Health Guaranteed, playful
with kids and other home pets, very good companions and needs a lot of
attention and lovable attention.. They are 12 weeks old and , They are pure
breed, really in need of very good home. Before giving out my kittens
to any home i will need to know who? where? and the environment the
kittens going to, please sorry for over asking but as we really must do,
because some breeders pretend
to be pet lovers and get kittens from
people and make money without enough care:

1 Have you any pet-care experience?
2 Where are you located?
3 How old are you, (so sorry for this) are you married with kids and
4 what do you do for a living?
5 When are you ready for this kittens and Which of the sex do you want?
6 Give me a Brief Description about your Environment?
7 Do you have a vet doctor?

I am married, me and my partner Nara, we have three kids, the
youngest Noor loves animals than all, and we have a big garden
behind where we have our kittens run and play with the kids, the
nearest park to our house is 5km, but we are really not use to this
place as its a new place for us. but we get the kittens food (pedigree
can food) from the pet accessories shop down the road.... Forgot, each
kittens adoption fee cost you just (50KWD ) for (adoption and re home fee)
Including the home delivery if you can not come,so presently i am located in
Bahrain now with the kittens,where my shop is located
Just a few about us, and i will wait to read from you.
Regards /

So after I asked for pics and pedigree papers he only sent pics saying that there is no pedigree because they are a animal rescue shelter. So i was believed and asked him to send the details so I can send him the money.
Then he sent this:
/hello good morning here are the payment information to my banker listed below
full names.....CLAUDE TAYA KWEBE
country..........CAMEROON
city..................DOUALA
postal code....00237
test question ......WHEn
answer..................NOW

just copy this information and take the the to the nearest western union and make the payment so that i can i confirm and do the changes of the ownership papers and dont forget to send me your full names,telephone nmber and address so that i can include on the papers okay/

When I got this email, I felt that there was something wrong so I googled the full name and address and that's how I found this website! Thank god I didn't send the money.
Thank you !!
Advertisement

#248419 by DL1968 Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:11 am
Hi
I very nearly fell for this as well. I was looking for a kitten for a friends birthday, the website Kuwaitcatsandkittens looked good and the photos sent and correspondence was as expectedthey told me they were based in Bahrain and sent me identical info to previous blogger WIS5 (feb2014), although they have changed their name to Musa Rahhim
I got concerned when they asked for advance payment, and more worried when the payment had to be via western union to an account in Cameroon.
When i contacted them t oexpress my concerns they assured me it was a genuine sale and even offered to help me with the payment process
I did some investigating and found the courier service emsaircourierservices is on fakebank database and then found this website and so glad i did.
my friend will be devastated as i had sent her the pictures and she was so excited about the gift
#248421 by HillBilly Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:18 am
DL, thanks for posting the new information about this scammer. By chance, did you get an email address of the scammer that you can post here to warn others about him?? Any additional information will help the search engines to reduce the risk of another potential victim falling prey to this criminal.

Please read this http://www.petscams.tk/ to prevent yourself from falling victim to a pet scam.

Never ever get a pet without meeting that pet in person first. You have no idea of the temperament of that animal until you do meet them in person.

Finally, I personally think you'd be a lot better off going to a local animal shelter and finding a good home for an animal from there. This is my opinion of course.