If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#249540 by esros Wed May 06, 2015 3:11 am
A couple of weeks ago Martin Lenari befriended me on the Over 50s dating site despite the face that he was 8 years younger than me.and 2000 kms away near Sydney. He is a business man 'Lenari Gemstones' in Anniversay Place Tuggerah. He doesn't have a mobile ph as 'he keeps losing them' - his ph number on his website is his home number that he rings me from. Google Earth shows the address as all residential houses. There is no ABN but he is supposedly have a shop in New York so perhaps it's under that. I can't find him in the White Pages. He can't talk on video to me on Skype as he doesn't have a camera on his computer - I thought he would have a laptop and I thought ALL laptops have a built in camera! He is a widow and a daughter 23yo in NY for 3 months (lives jn Berlin) Last night he asked me to send his daughter a Mac computer as hers is broken!! because he didn't have time as he was leaving Oz for Tibet this morning. I asked for the phone number and when I rang it, I was told that I'm not authorised to call that number!!! I said why don't you put the money in her account and let her buy her own - with the Ozzy dollar it would be ridiculous - he then got annoyed with me for sounding so negative and doubtful! I since thought - if he has a business in NY why doesn't she get money from them for the pc and he can sort it out. I was going to send him an email with 10 reasons why I think he's a scam but thanks to this website, it doesn't recommend that we do that - and just cut contact. However - as he is a lovely looking guy (if it IS him and he IS genuine, then he would be denied the chance to rectify things) Thanks for any advice if anyone else has 'met' him. I would like to add a photo but it is my first time here and I can't work out how to do it.
Advertisement

#249543 by AlanJones Wed May 06, 2015 3:15 am
esros wrote:Last night he asked me to send his daughter a Mac computer as hers is broken!!

This is enough to confirm that he is a scammer - a legitimate person would not be begging random people of the Internet to pay for computers for their daughter (or for anything else), only scammers do that.

Please can you post all the email addresses, website and phone numbers he uses as other victims may be searching for them, along with examples of some of his emails/messages as they are probably scripted.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#249554 by esros Wed May 06, 2015 3:48 am
hi Alan his phone number is 02 8015 5558 (in Australia)
his website is http://www.lenarigemstones.com/ from what I can find, it's only been registered since March this year.
email [email protected]
this is 4th May 2015
You can see how I was lured in to trust him!!! :)
4th May 2015
My dearest ....

In this vast universe where love and wickedness walk side by side, pay attention only to the love I feel for you. You are very beautiful and have many virtues, both of body and of soul.

You give me peace and no discomfort. Be clear that everything I do is done for you with much love and affection. The sweetness of voice and the intensity of your love alleviate the distance that separates us. You are wonderful, you are very special, and that is why I dedicate all this love and affection to you.

Since we first met, my life has changed, and my soul has changed and I became convinced that you're my definitive love. Nothing in this world will make me change my mind or opinion.

To me you will always be the most beautiful, the most elegant and the most charming woman in the world, the most beautiful woman to inhabit this modest room that I called "Monte Carlo". Come on over! We will enjoy wonderful moments, because the presence of love makes everything brighter and more beautiful.

I had to stop whatever I’m doing to let you know how much you really mean to me. . Well, I got the confirmation on when I will be leaving for my trip. I will tell you more about it later when we speak online. Thinking of you!

Love,

Martin xoxoxox

this is 24th April
Hi ......

How was your day? I had a long productive day at the office and I’m not getting the chance to respond to you. Concerning the distance right, my idea about long distance relationship, I believe that no distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth. I’m not in a rush and I would like to take my time. Good things happen to those who waits. We have a lot in common and share a lot of interest.

I like the idea of speaking on the phone. You can drop me your number and whenever I feel is right I will give you a call. For now, lets continue to learn more about each other. Its a journey that starts with a step and lets embrace it. Don’t hesitate to ask me anything you would like to know about me. Do you feel you are good with people? Are you naturally extroverted or introverted?

this is 25th April
Good morning ........

How did you sleep? I wish I could enjoy the morning sunlight with you. I have always believe that the morning star brings joy, and enlightens our spirits. It gives me great pleasure to take some time out of my life to write to you and get to learn more about you. I understand that you are old and time wait for no one. I see myself getting up there at the right time. I don’t mind relocating for the right woman.

Answers to your questions - I’m 6ft 2 inches tall. My birthday is 25 June 1959. I was born in Ancona, Italy and grew up in Italy. I’m the only child of my parents. Sue studying Automative engineering in Berlin. I love my Italian cuisine. I also like Japanese, Chinese and Indian. I enjoy listening to country, classical, Jazz and Gospel sometimes. I never get the chance to camp but I would love to do that with my partner someday. I’m very romantic and I enjoy cuddling, touching, giving and receiving affection. I hope I have answered all your questions.

It seems you have Gmail account and we could try the instant chat on here. What are your plans for today? I have some work to do at the office. We could get to chat later in the day and get to learn more about each other. I wish you a healthy day. Take care,

Cheers,

Martin
and this one 28th April
Hi ....
How did you sleep? Last night, I was so tired and not feeling well. I had to go to bed early without even checking up on you before going to bed. Apologies! I have never felt so refreshed like this morning. For the first time I had a long sleep in my life. I thinks its the result of having you in my thoughts before closing my eyes. When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. Everyday I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning and another opportunity to write to you and have you in my thought. Yeah everything is beautiful. I’m listening to Sunshine on Leith - The Proclaimers.

I just could’t stop thinking and fantasizing of what’s really going to be happening when I set eyes on you. I will leave those thoughts to nature which I believe it will always meet my expectation. Even though I have no expectation what so ever. I’m internally content.

I’m sorry I missed your call and I got your voicemail. I will call you shortly as soon as I settled in my office. There is more about my business, I would like to share with you. I inherited this business from my father since I'm the only child. My father owned 3 big gemstone businesses in Naples(Italy), Antwerp(Belgium) and New York. I worked with my Dad and gained tremendous experience which today is helping me a lot run my own business. After, my dad passed away, I was dedicated to running the affairs of the business and considering the geographical locations of the businesses. I must admit it wasn't easy taking the responsibility of running the business and taking care of my late wife and my daughter, so I decided to sell the businesses to be able to spend time with my wife and daughter. It wasn't an easy decision selling the business but it finally paid off when I sold it to the Taiwanese Investors.

After years of deliberation, I decided to open a new gemstone business here in Sydney which is doing extremely well. I buy the gemstones in bulk in their raw state, which, in cut and polished form, is used to make jewellery or other adornments. However, certain rocks or organic materials that are not minerals(such as amber or jet) are also used for jewellery, and are therefore often considered gemstones as well. Most gemstones are hard, but some soft minerals are used in jewellery because of their lustre or other physical properties that have aesthetic value. That's just by the way.

I’m thinking if we could try the Gmail instant chat later in the evening today if possible or tomorrow since you will be going out tonight so lets give it a try tomorrow. . I have a busy day ahead of me. May your day be bundle of wonderful events. Good morning to you.

Thinking of you!

Always,

Martin
#249614 by Dotti Wed May 06, 2015 7:58 am
Copied the first letter from here: http://1001loveletters.com/Cartas.aspx?Id=532

As he's describing his "business" he is simply copying information out of dictionaries like this: http://www.kamus.net/english/gemstone

What little writing is actually his shows signs of being African--but he has copied so much I'd need to see more of his own writing to be certain.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#249615 by esros Wed May 06, 2015 8:04 am
Dotti I have listened to him at least twice a day on the phone and he is defiintely sounding like an Italian and I even spoke some Italian to him and he knew what I said.
WOW - word for word that 'love letter'!!! Thanks Dottie.
#249617 by AlanJones Wed May 06, 2015 8:08 am
From the fake website

Contact Us

Phone: 0019143025109 (New York)
Phone: 0061280155558 (Sydney)

Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.lenarigemstones.com

Anniversary place, Tuggerah, NSW 2259,Australia.

+19143025109 is a TextPlus VoIP in Yorktown Heights, NY

The domain was only registered just over a months ag for one year

Creation Date: 25-mar-2015
Expiration Date: 25-mar-2016

and uses fake details

Registrant Name: Martin Lenari
Registrant Organization: Martin Lenari
Registrant Street: ropponqi st
Registrant City: oita
Registrant State/Province: NA
Registrant Postal Code: 8740919
Registrant Country: JP
Registrant Phone: +1.8039828251
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

Most of the content is stolen from other sites.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#249660 by Terminator5 Wed May 06, 2015 3:02 pm
Also DBA as Lenari Medical Supplies.

http://lenarigemstones.com/contact-us.html

Lenari Medical Supplies, Macclesfield Rd, Aderley Edge, Manchester, SK1 O4UB UK.
[email protected]
[email protected]

Martin Edwards Lenari
Managing Director

Address lookup

canonical name lenarimedicalsupplies.biz.
aliases
addresses 66.96.147.114

Domain Whois record

Queried whois.biz with "lenarimedicalsupplies.biz"...
Domain Name: LENARIMEDICALSUPPLIES.BIZ
Domain ID: D63376900-BIZ
Sponsoring Registrar: DOMAIN.COM, LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 886
Registrar URL (registration services): http://www.whois.domain.com
Domain Status: ok
Registrant ID: TUUNLH43YQVB7IJU
Registrant Name: Martin Lenari
Registrant Organization: Martin Lenari
Registrant Address1: ropponqi st
Registrant City: oita
Registrant State/Province: NA
Registrant Postal Code: 8740919
Registrant Country: Japan
Registrant Country Code: JP
Registrant Phone Number: +1.8039828251
Registrant Email: [email protected]

Created by Registrar: DOMAIN.COM, LLC
Domain Registration Date: Wed Dec 31 15:40:26 GMT 2014
Domain Expiration Date: Wed Dec 30 23:59:59 GMT 2015

Daniel 8 :25
#249718 by esros Thu May 07, 2015 1:44 am
no I haven't ever had an email from that address and I've never looked at the website - but 2 people I know who tried to see his website that I sent the link to, only got that medical one.
#249719 by Terminator5 Thu May 07, 2015 1:48 am
Its a romance scam and that's what they're using the site for .

Daniel 8 :25
#249721 by esros Thu May 07, 2015 1:52 am
Wow - well done - you people are awesome!! Another thing that was strange too, was the ring tone on his phone when I rang him - normally in Australia, the phone rings like ring ring and a pause and then ring ring etc but his was one long ring for about 3 or 4 seconds and then again and again - I was wondering if it was diverted from overseas? But when he rang me, the NSW area code showed up on the phone and that made me assume that the calls were from New South Wales.
#249725 by TerranceBoyce Thu May 07, 2015 2:17 am
One small point is that his claimed trip to Tibet would have to be well planned as he'd require a visa to travel there, so it couldn't be a rushed 'off the cuff' decision and, though the earthquake hasn't affected Tibet so badly it wouldn't be sensible to travel there at the moment. Though the capital Lhasa isn't badly affected there are restrictions on travel to areas that have suffered more.

You'd think he might mention this to you if he really were going there. Scammers do online research to try to fool you but they aren't good at current events. An earthquake is something you'd expect him to mention.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#249730 by esros Thu May 07, 2015 2:36 am
I asked him if he's near the earthquake and he said no. He said that his plane was Singapore airlines yesterday
Martin: Yes my love. I had a long day and I got everything sorted out for my trip and I will be leaving early in the morning 7:55 am by Singapore airlines and I will make a stop in Singapore. Its a 17 hours flight my love
I was able to get everything done. At first he told me he was flying to China and then he said Tibet..
#249791 by vonpaso xlura Thu May 07, 2015 7:08 am
The domains have been reported for false whois. The phone number +1.8039828251 is in South Carolina, not Japan, and the NXX has not been assigned in the NPA.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10