If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#109676 by glavadak Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:34 pm
I would like to warn you about 2 scammers Ive been dealing with. All was about a flat rental in Berlin. The first one is using a fake ID of a german businessman. His adress is [email protected]. He is a sneaky scammer, very clever.

Here is one of his message :

Thanks for the reply. I just got off the phone with my bank accounting officer, I was discussing an alternative way to make the payment without any hassle with my bank accounting officer in Berlin, because I was notify that all external activities (Fund transfer) on All Deutsche all-in-one bank account has been place on hold for maximum security against money laundry that usually on rampant by high class people in Europe this days and for maximum security measure against unauthorized transaction. And the only account I have in my possession now is my British partner bank account, which I can also use to receive the fund, but I will like to receive the payment in my name, so I will advise you maybe we should try Western Union International Money Transfer. But If doesn't work out, then we can use his bank account.

So, i will advise you to send the payment via Western Union International Money Transfer, i will get it with my Western Union Gold loyalty master card. Western Union is more secure, safe and fast as or even more than bank transfer. I have MasterCard register with our company head quarter here in Manchester, So below is my details you will need to make the payment:

fhdsjhf
fdjskfjdsljfkldsjf
fjdsklfjldsjfdsjjfkldsj

In case, if you have not use this service before, it's very easy and secure, you can walk to any of the Western Union outlets nearest to your address, and request for money transfer form, fill it with above details and hand over the money to them, the payment will be transfer immediately and you will have the transfer receipt. Below are the nearest locations to your address

and then He began to quote several postoffice. It's was too kind of him to be true.

Then I began to doubt about his identity and I told him I didn't feel very comfortable with Western union and then he replied :

Though I really hate it dealing with anybody that find it difficult to trust me, but to be sincere I really understand your feelings, it;s true that business is not like it use to be. But it will be very ridiculous to my personality to steal such little amount from you, NO!!! it can never happen and it will not happen. because it's not up to my monthly allowance I receive from work every month, and i can't stand to tarnish my good name and personality because of 1,050 EUR. Perhaps, that is the main reason why I attach copy of my international passport to you just for you to be sure that you are dealing with right person, in case if there is any foul from my end you can report me to German Polizie or Anti-Fraud dept, and it's will be very easy to get this done so far you already have my passport, you can report me and they will surely get hold of me and have me pay for my bad deed.

Furthermore, in case if you don't know, I'm from a royal family in Germany,we are very popular in Germany my brother is Robin Kroschwald, he has worked as a project manager for many German civil engineering company and under German government and he is still working for a reputable firm in Germany, you can check about him onhttp://www.xing.com/profile/Robin_Kroschwald. Our senior brother who is Udo Kroschwald, is also a prominent person in Germany he is a film producer, who has produced many popular home films in Germany worked with many big actors in Germany, USA and other European countries you can also check about him on http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udo_Kroschwald. http://www.nzcinema.co.nz/filmography-o ... d-7558.php and http://sacramento.mrmovietimes.com/cele ... hwald.html. So I don't think you have anything to get scare of, skepticism is good but closing up of mind is very bad, so I don't see any thing wrong in what you do, you are highly on a safer side. As it's very easy for anybody to locate or trace me. And I can't not stand to tarnish our family good name because of such little amount of money , out of all, I'm a good devoted Christian who believe in God and his commandments, i know it's against God's will to cheat my fellow human being, which I will never do in my life. So, i will advise you to relax and be sure that you are 100% on safer side. Believe in God and I will never let you down.

If not for the situation with my bank I wouldn't have asked you to use western union. So below the details you will need to make the payment:

NAMES: BILLY SYLVESTER
ACCOUNT NO: 53930440
SORT CODE: 202178
SWIFTBIC: BARCGB22
IBAN: GB76BARC20217853930440
BANK NAME: BARCLAYS BANK
ADRESS: STREATHAM

The things about God and some sentences that were supposed to make me feel bad about the fact that I emitted a doubt gave me the proof that I was dealing with a scammer :D
Advertisement

#109677 by glavadak Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:39 pm
The second One much easier to spot him:

Hello ,

Thanks for contacting me, my apartment is 3 Bed room and i used 2 rooms. I needs honest person to rent the remaining room, so that i won't stay alone and be able to share affairs with some one, mean while i will give you 1 room to rent. So it means the apartment to share with the owner, a lady living alone and you will have your toilet and bath room separately.

I'm Eva, 29 years old. The apartment belongs to my late father and my mother have been managing and maintaining the apartment, but she is about to re-married and relocated with her new fiance. I work as an event planner and party decorator.

The location is ; Schillerstraße 110, 10627 Berlin, Germany.

The is lease is 350 euro per month + 500 euro for Security deposit,which is refundable during your departure. And you are entitles to the utilities, fridge freezer, oven, washing machine, dryer, gas cooker, micro-wave, dishwasher, electricity bill, Internet charges, laundry and others.

When are you moving in?
Where are you presently?
Are you ready to abide with the terms and conditions of the contract?
Can you still tell me a little about you?

I am confidently assuring you that you will be more than satisfied when you come into the flat.

You can see the attached pictures of the room above.

Let me hear from you asap if you really have interest in renting the room.

Best Regards,
Eva...

The mail adress of the scammer is :[email protected]

She even sent me a picture of her with a very suggestive pose that I never asked for :laugh-s:
#253208 by Arsemi Thu May 28, 2015 11:44 am
I have another example, please be aware of Maximilian Upertal being a scammer:

I have inform you before, the price you shall pay for the first month of rent will be 330 Euro ( money for the first month in which you move in apartment ) and I want also security deposit ( Kaution ) 660 Euro, in total in the first month you have to pay 990 Euro without additional charges to pay. The money for the next months (330 euro) I want to receive monthly in my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire money.

I'm willing to send you the keys so you can visit and check the apartment. The delivery for the keys and the rental contract (signed by me), will be made by AirBnb ( http://www.airbnb.com ), they will also help us to make a third party transaction so you can therefore feel safe about this deal.

To start the transaction with the AirBnb you need to send me all this details:

Full name:
Address:
City:
Postal Code:
Mobile phone number:
ID Card number or Passport number:
Date of Birth:
Date you want to move in the apartment:
Rental period that you want to stay:

Now let me to explain you how the transaction it works:

After I received all this details, I can go to AirBnb office and start the transaction. When they will have the keys and the real estate company on them custody, they will send you a delivery notification, in which they tell you that they have the keys and that they checked it.

When you receive the delivery notification from AirBnb, you will have to go your bank office and make a bank transfer on the AirBnb in United Kingdom, assigned with this transaction for the amount we agreed ( 990 Euro ). If you don` have time to go to your bank office you can make the payment online to the bank account of the AirBnb. I must to tell you that the payment must to be made in 24 hours or early after the transaction was started.

After you make the deposit you will have to send to AirBnb the payment confirmations from bank money transfer, so they can know that you already made the deposit. AirBnb will verify the payment and if everything is in order they will delivery the keys and the rental contract to you in 48 Hours. AirBnb will send to you an agent at your house door, and that person will come with you to visit the apartment to see that all is right. If you will be satisfied with the flat, you will sign the rental contract. However, if you are not pleased with the apartment for any reason, the agent will give your money back immediately, and I will get my keys and documents back ( I will write on the rental contract this condition, to be sure that you will get your money back ).

Also, in case you have another apartment right now, and you can't move immediately, we can make the deal as I explained it now, and consider it only an inspection and reservation until you will be able to move there.

I will pay for the services of the agency, so there will be no costs for you.

I am waiting for your quick response, because there are several others interested in the apartment, and I need to know if I can count on a deal with you.

Thank's and have a good day

Cheers!
A.