If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#258904 by louise viola Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:07 am
I just want to thank every one got all your help with my scammer peter beggs. I'm done but will be following this site to see if you guys come up with any more info on this guy. I hope that you continue to follow him and get closer to him I will be watching for updates. And just maybe I can hep someone. :D
Advertisement

#258906 by HillBilly Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:23 am
Keep in mind, Louise, that this identity is very likely only one of 30 or 40 that this scammer uses to coerce money from others. Hopefully you have learned to use search tools like image searching and search engines to look for red flags in any future endeavors. As well as spot other signs that are typical romance scam giveaways.
He does nothing except sit @ his computer ( or an internet cafe) all day long as his job. So he is good at what he does ( even though it is morally corrupt and illegal).

also keep in mind that since you did lose money to the scammer, it is very likely you will start receiving plenty of "recovery scam" emails ( they are actually the same scammer or part of his gang). These emails will typically say something like ... "We know you lost money to a scammer, and if you pay a fee to us we'll get your money back....". The only part of that email that will be true is the part about you paying money. You will only lose your money if you send anything to anyone.

This article is meant more for scam websites, but it can also help with individual scammers and how to spot them. Just substitute the word scammer for website in most of the article.
http://419advancefeefraud.blogspot.com/ ... their.html

#259073 by louise viola Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:55 pm
Just a question. I was sitting at my computer and norton anti virus blocked a high risk intrusion x 3 from fake scam do you think that was the scammer. I'm like getting paranoid to Even get on the computer.
#259081 by HillBilly Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:04 pm
I personally gave up Norton years ago, when it got bigger than its own ego and stopped having customer service, and took zero responsibility for their product and actions of it.

I also used to get a lot of false positives with Norton, which are better than a false negative, but none the less, annoying at best.

But to be fair, you should contact them, either through their email, or by phone ( if they don't charge for phone calls). Have your log information handy, so they can reference any #'s or whatever they need to.

There are many different configurations with both hardware and software. How yours is configured is up to you and you alone. It would be completely unfair to guess at what any of those warnings mean without knowing more details than we have. And what we do here is warn about scams... we aren't a group of computer guru's ( Geeks).... :D