If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#266441 by BrutalSusan Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:11 pm
have a bike on craigslist for over $500 and received a text message from a "Kelly". this person then asked if the item was still for sale. immediately afterwards sent "kindly sign up for a paypal account it's just a few steps away from signing up ok? it's safe and secure for both Parties and i have been using paypal to buy and sell for years now without problems. Let me know when you are done signing up." and then another immediate text one minute later (too short of a time to text all of this). "Am okay with the price and present condition, I believe with that i won't be disappointed in buying it from you, what is the zip code for the pick up arrangement and do you have an account with paypal to receive payment?".

this was pretty obvious and I called them out.
Advertisement

#266446 by Bryon Williams Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:32 pm
832-378-9990

Yes, it is a scam.

Please post any email address the scammer gives you.

Please do not put your phone number/email address in the ad on CL. Keep all messages in CL mail system. Meet the buyer at public place. Preferably at a Police Station. Accept cash only.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/