Room for Rent and other rental scams
#283778 by pompy_upb Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:49 am
I contacted the poster of the announcement on Immobilienscout24.de. I think it was a name of a lady. Then a man replied replied in English that he cannot speak German and if I could write in English. This is my answer:

Dear Mr. Kemppainen,

I am searching for a flat in Bremen starting 1st of April. I found your announcement and I would like to see some photos of the flat so that I can see if I like it. If I do, then I would like to come to Bremen (from 400 km away) and meet you personally and see the flat. Also, can you please send me again the link of the announcement? I would like to see it again and for some reason I have not saved it myself.

I also had some questions about it:

- what do you mean by a washing and drying room? Does it mean I need to wash my clothes and dry them in another room outside the flat or can I have/ install a washing machine in the flat? I do not really want to carry my stuff up and down the stairs.

- is the kitchen included in the price or do I need to pay separately for using it?

Thank you!

Best regards,

And his answer follower:

Hey,

Nice to hear from you!
I am the owner of the apartment, situated in Delbrückstrasse 3, 28209 Bremen, Bürgerweide/Barkhof, Deutschland .

Rooms : 2
Bedrooms: 1
Bathrooms: 1
Living Area approx: 72,00 m²

The apartment is fully furnished and renovated . You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you can store my furniture in the large basement cellar.
The monthly rent price is 550 EUR, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period. The apartment is in good condition, clean and ready to use. The kitchen is fully equipped.
In the apartment you find a refrigerator, a freezer, a washing machine, a dryer, an iron, an oven, a toaster, coffee maker, Internet access and Wi-Fi access.
We have the apartment since January 2015 and we lived there until last month,then my work contract ended and we returned home to Helsinki, Finland .
The apartment has public transport near and not far away of shopping center, sports club and other amenities. Pets are allowed, but I ask you everything to be kept clean. The apartment has a parking place. I have invested a substantial amount in this apartment and would be very grateful if you we would treat like being your own property. I am interested in a long-term tenant who cares about the property not to earn money by rental income .
Because of my unexpected return to Finland its been short time to find a reliable tenant. I have the keys. Once I find a serious tenant I come back to Germany, to show it and sign the lease.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks for your time!
Best.

Then I asked:

Hi,

So how should we proceed with the apartment? Please do not ask me to send money before meeting you or seeing the apartment because I won't.

Can you please send me again the link to the announcement? I do not find it on Immobilienscout24 anymore and I would like to see it again.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Needles to say, no reply came.
Advertisement

#294465 by Michelle Wed May 11, 2016 2:51 pm

To: Michelle Banks
Subject: RE: Mühlbergstr 9b , 82319 Starnberg, Starnberg

Good Day Michelle

Thank you for your response!
Like I have informed you before, the price you shall pay for 1 month of rent will be 700 Euros and i want also guarantee deposit 1400 Euros ( the kaution 1400 Euro you will receive back when you leave the apartment ), with no extra taxes to pay. So you have to deposit 2100 Euros in a blocked Airbnb account in order to start the transaction .
The deposit that you need to make in a blocked Airbnb account will stay there until you will confirm that you will rent my apartment . Nobody can`t touch your money . As soon as your deposit it`s done and confirmed by Airbnb ( maximum 2 working days ) , I will come to meet with you .
Airbnb will release the money to me only after you arrived in my apartment and after to decide to keep it. If you will be not satisfied with the apartment Airbnb will release the funds (in full amount) back to you in the same day.
After you inspect the apartment and decide to rent it , we will make a fix rent contract regarding german law between us .
Right now I'll forward to Airbnb your details so they can start the transaction . Tomorrow morning they'll e-mail you all the information that you need to continue the transaction at your end.

Thanks for your time and Have a nice day!
Best.