If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#263494 by lw45 Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:20 pm
ok so I got scammed. Found this after the fact. Feel an idiot! Read the posts on here. The messages were so similar to what he said. Got sucked right in. Have lost a shed load of money but won't ever trust anyone ever again. Lesson learned.

Met him on match.com with the username "lovelybird " great picture with a great smile. He sent me about 6 pictures all matching. Even pictures with tattoo of his name. Did a search with them nothing came back. Still I didn't click.

I actually did lots of checks but could not find anything to make be disbelieve that this was a genuine person. Though I did not find this website until it was too late.

He told me is from Vermont, been in the army 16 years, retiring in December. Came to UK after meeting someone who turned out to be a jerk and pretender.

I thought I had done all due diligence before doing anything and didn't find anything. He has 2 names that he has UK bank accounts for. Terry Hill, bank account in Liverpool and the other David Spinks in Northampton. Checked out the account numbers again nothing suspicious. I have all the details if anyone wants them.

Turned it round on him. I know I won't see my money again and that is on me.

Told him I was in real trouble with my ex as I had given him money from a joint account. Told him the ex would beat me. He said he would get a couple of his buddies in the military to have a word if you know what I mean, threatened to kill him if he laid a hand on me. It is rubbish but he doesn't need to know that.

Watch out for him. He will be back trawling for another mug like me. I have been fooled big time, I thought I was doing all the right things but they are very good and don't leave traces that you can check.
Advertisement

#263497 by HillBilly Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:51 pm
sorry you were scammed, lw. Please post as many details of this scammer as you can. phone #'s, Skype ID, Yahoo ID, whatever you can post will help others from falling victim.

It will also help if you can copy/ paste some of his first few emails to you here so the script is exposed. Remove your personal information before posting anything. If you look at the bottom of my post for how to post photos in the forum, the stolen photos he is using may also be helpful to others.

You may want to take the time to report the bank accounts / names to Action Fraud in the UK. Find them here :
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Thanks for the post

#264740 by lw45 Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:24 am
He is back on match.com with the name GLOWMIND same pictures as he sent me

Will post all I can when I get on computer. Really don't want anyone else losing money. Like stupid me.

Will pass on any details if anybody wants them.
Last edited by lw45 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#283874 by lw45 Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:53 pm
Mod note: This victim has not met the scammer in person. The scammer has contacted this victim and asked for their post to be removed. In some situation the victim has fell back into the scam. Please see the below thread for more information on the scammer.

>>>> viewtopic.php?f=13&t=101739

Ok, I would like to retract all that I said about Greg Roy, I have now met him in person. He is the genuine article. I feel stupid for doubting him, I panicked and now everything is sorted.

I can say now that he is a genuine soldier and that someone else cloned his email and has been using his information to scam others.

I apologise for wasting everyones time and effort here and hope that he will forgive me in time.

That is it, no more to be said.
#283876 by Bryon Williams Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:57 pm
lw45 wrote:
He is back on match.com with the name GLOWMIND same pictures as he sent me

Will post all I can when I get on computer. Really don't want anyone else losing money. Like stupid me.

Will pass on any details if anybody wants them.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#283963 by AlanJones Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:17 am
Just bumping this thread for Google :D

There is no doubt that the person calling himself Greg Roy and using the email address [email protected] is a romance scammer, probably based in West Africa or the Far East.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.