If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#347812 by bitterbandicoot Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:14 pm
I guess was work at home job scammed. It's a very long story so here is the short version.
I thought I finally had a work from home job but then I guess the jerk decided to screw me over. Yeah yeah I know was stupid, but it still shouldn't give the right to any jerk scammer to ruin someone's life and get away with it. So it seems like the people involved in this scam used the paypal chargeback fraud scheme in attempt to suck money out of me. I also think they might be trying to frame me for fraud and or some other crime involving money as well. Some guy that went by the name Francis Nguyen was the one who gave me this job.He claimed to be from Stage Freelance Services( I googled but couldn't find any info on it). He had 4 other people send me money via paypal. Then they start opening up claims against me on paypal in November. Francis claimed they were mistakes they made. Well time goes, more claims open up and Francis stops contacting me. 2 of them already got refunded even though I sent in information and told someone from paypal that I think they were scamming me. Right now my paypal acoount is -29,294.99 and 11 claims are under review. I tried to settle out this paypal mess myself with Francis and the 4 people who sent me payments, but they won't get back to me! :evil: I reported this to authorities but haven't gotten anywhere. I have a consultation with a lawyer on the 14th, so I hope something gives. I don't think I should have to pay all that money back if they really did scam me. This experience has made me really bitter and angry. The other day I went to a mental health crisis center for comfort. I've had suicidal thoughts since this happened. I hate scammers so much and everyone who defends them. Some people would say "well you shouldn't have been stupid " or "it's your fault because you are a paypal user and don't have seller protection". I don't care! Scammers should not use paypal to do disgusting chargeback fraud. I walk into almost any store these days and see a bunch of cameras, security guards, and loss prevention. All I can think is "with so many scams going on, why not do something about them too? Not just shoplifters. I am not looking forward to looking for a real job that I will probably hate. All I wanted was a work from home job, that's it.
Well the phone number Francis used to contact me was 775-237-2135 but guess what? It's disconnected.
The people's emails who sent me the paypal payments were: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]. It might possible that Francis or anyone that worked with him stole/hacked their accounts/cards to send me the money but like I said, I've emailed those people and they haven't gotten back to me. I swear, if I can't get legal help then I am quitting society.
Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Remove possible hacked email account.
Advertisement

#347821 by Mike Wilson Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:48 pm
Hello and thank you for sharing your story. You are not stupid, these criminals are experts at getting victims to believe they are being offered a real position.
Please post the full email where they described the job and responsibilities, including the email address and telephone number if any.
Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#352797 by Bryon Williams Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:13 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please copy and paste the emails to you. Remove your personal information from them prior to submitting.

The screenshots can not help warn others.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#353059 by TheScamHater Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:10 pm
There is no such thing as an easy laid back job that pays well. A job offer like that (especially one made through the Internet) is almost ALWAYS A SCAM. Scamwarners believes in educating victims to not fall for these heinous acts of fraud in the first place as there will always be scammers in this world, especially with the Internet around.

Do not send money (especially Western Union Money Gram) to a stranger on the Internet! It's a scam! No matter the reason! Don't trust them!

DO NOT tell a scammer his information is posted here or you know he is a fraud