If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#413073 by MYG Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:05 pm
Scammer's phone (888) 877-1836 or (248) 509-8129 or (248) 509-8016
Scammer's website www.shiftautobrokers.com
Scammer's address 3221 W Big Beaver Road Troy, Michigan 48084
Scammer's email [email protected]
Country United States
Type of a scam Online Purchase/wire fraud
Initial means of contact Email

SCAM ALERT I agreed to buy a car, Shift Auto Brokers was to broker the deal. I paid for the car via a wire to their bank, and Shift was to ship the car to my address. But the car never arrived. It was to be delivered on a Thursday, then mysteriously delayed 24 hours to late Friday. By the time banks opened on Monday, it was too late to reverse the wire. Since the delivery date, Shift Auto Brokers doesn't answer the phone and they don’t respond to emails. There is no way to contact them. They have no physical presence at their address. Their phone number is a VOIP, so I am likely calling someone in a different country even though it looks like a Michigan number. They are not rated by the BBB and the BBB was unable to locate them. They have no business licenses. Based on my experience and research, I have concluded this company is a clever online wire fraud Scam.

. ShiftAutoBrokers also appears to have or are doing business (scamming) as Sportexotics.com, Shift Auto Brokers, Pro Motors Depot, SE Motors group. The Michigan Better Business Bureau was unable to contact anyone at their address. Others have posted that the address is a partially vacant office building and Shift has no presence there. Negative reviews on review web sites are immediately followed with 20+ positive reviews which pushes the negative review off the front page. I called the Troy police, they said to contact my local police. My local police told me to file a complaint with the FBI IC3 which I did, but no response or action from them. I have also filed a complaint with the FTC. We will see if anyone can shut this guy down. It appears he has been doing this for years.
Advertisement

#413142 by Terminator5 Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:30 am
Thanks for posting this fake auto sales / fake escrow scam .

Can you please post a link to the online ad for the car so we can look at it ?

Daniel 8 :25
#413151 by MYG Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:14 pm
Here is the email with the link. I think car Owner was a fake person, too, as he also went silent at the same time as Shift Auto Brokers. Interestingly, the below link now goes to a car dealer called SHIFT.com, which I believe is a valid company that operates along the West Coast.

------------------------
To:
Sent: Mon, Apr 27, 2020 7:48 pm
Subject: Re: 2016 Honda Odyssey EX-L - $145001JGFZMLGIBaam

I have the car now at SHIFT Auto Brokers in Troy, MI (Website:have ), with the title, signed by me, keys and all the docs, and I have empowered them to sell it on my behalf. You can inspect it and pick it up at this location Mon to Fri from 9am to 5pm EST or on Sat from 10am to 3pm. They can also ship it to you for a 7 days trial, just like Carvana does, and if you find issues with it you can reject it and get your money back, and I will cover the shipping costs if necessary. My reference number is (1JGFZMLGIB), you will need it to book the vehicle online if you want it to.

You can find detailed description and Free Carfax & Inspection Report by Carchex available on my SHIFT listing here: https://www.shiftautobrokers.com/invent ... 66GB062843

SHIFT Auto Brokers Troy, MI
Phone: (248) 509-8129
Toll Free: +1 (888) 877-1836