If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#428714 by SurreyBC123 Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:21 pm
I recently tried to sell an item on Facebook Marketplace, then I was contacted by a “Bubba Steele”. He asked how much for my item so I told him the price. He asked if that’s best price I can do and I said yes, then he starts to tell me that it’s going to be a gift for his “cousin” (typical scammer tactic with gifting stories). :roll:

He asked for my email so I gave it to him & he said he transferred the money so I went to check and the E-mail was obviously a fake E-Transfer invoice. I knew it was fake so I told him to give me his address so I could “ship the item” and that I could pay for shipping :
Logan
214 - 19138 26th Ave,
Suite #N376739,
Surrey, British-Colombia, V3Z 3V7,
Canada.
:wink:

He told me to choose Xpress shipping/2 days shipping (kinda rushy huh? 8) ). I called him out after because I got tired of playing games, told him it was a fake E-Transfer & he tried to fool me saying it was a legit transaction to “protect the buyer & the seller” come on, that fake E-Transfer email was probably made by a 6 year old. “[email protected]” with “E-transfer” as name. So legit :lol:

Anyway, he left the group after I called him out. I outsmarted him 8)
Advertisement