If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#134357 by d-i-v Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:28 pm
ok, this isn't even a near miss, because I would never give money before I see the car, my name on the paperwork and check the car is not stolen. So it was a nice looking car but much cheaper than normal market value (30-40% of market price), then you ask the seller why and he explains he moved to a country where driving is at the other side, not easy to use the car etc etc i.e. German car for sale in UK.
1. I noticed the car disappeared (i.e. no longer available) from mobile.de almost immediately after I sent email expressing my interested via the website contact form.
2. In his first email he asked where I was (I had to be in another country, not where he operates (UK) and I was)
3. so he will try to convince you and give really stupid lines so that you can send money to yourself and receive in London (where he is) via Western Union.
4. He will then collect the money from the UK office pretending he is you and having the scanned receipt to prove he sent the money. Not sure how Western Union operates but apparently the scammers use this dodgy organisation to steal money from you.

The scammer this time was using the name: Paul Lawler and email: [email protected] , I'm sure they change names/emails quite often, and possibly what they sell but the core remains the same: you send money to yourself to the country where they are.. and they collect it on your behalf. Deal is done, nothing is sold and no products exchange hands, just your money.

So here comes the email trail, starting from the bottom and ending with me sending him back a link to another similar scam (possibly his too) already listed on this site:

> I guess another variation of this :
> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57238
>
>> On 16/11/2012 17:24, Paul Lawler wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Just like you know the car it is with me in UK,London . My contact details :
>>
>> Home address :
>> 12 Fernlea Road
>> Balham,London
>> SW12 9RT
>> Phone: 00447552338170
>> UNITED KINGDOM
>>
>> If you want to come here is my proposition:
>> You can go to a Western Union office ( you can find one in a postal
>> office ) and you must transfer 4000 EUR to your name and the money
>> destination to be UK, London or you can ask a friend to come with you
>> to Western Union Office. He will make the transfer so that he will be
>> the sender and you'll be the receiver. You will receive the money from
>> Western Union in UK,London.
>> So the address of the receiver will be UK,London(In this way i`ll be
>> sure that you`ll be in London and that you`ll buy the car).
>> After the transfer is done, make a scan copy of the receipt and send
>> it to me by email. If the money are sent and you are the receiver, in
>> Western Union, in UK, I will take a break from my work, we will
>> arrange to meet together and you will be able to see the car. You must
>> understand my point, because I want to be sure that you will come in
>> United Kingdom and we can have a real deal, not just words. When you
>> will be here in UK, you will see the car , verify the papers with the
>> Police in London and you can see that everything is OK. If you decide
>> to buy the car, we will make the sale contract and the car will be on
>> your name. After the contract is done we will go together at a Western
>> Union, you will take the money, since the money are sent to your
>> name.When you will pick up the transfer in London, you will receive
>> Pounds, so there is no problem, you can pay me in Pounds.So please
>> reply me soon, and tell me if we can make the deal!If you don't know
>> where you can find Western Union, please tell me your city name, and I
>> can find for you a location, where you can go and arrange the
>> transfer.
>> Thank you,
>>
>>
>>> On 16/11/2012 16:36, Buyer wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I am coming to UK this Sunday anyway, perhaps we can meet?
>>> What's your UK number?
>>> Thanks
>>> Buyer
>>>
>>>
>>> On 16/11/2012 16:32, Paul Lawler wrote:
>>>> Hello,
>>>> My last price is 8000 Euro.
>>>> The car have German papers with German plates numbers,and will come
>>>> with full service history ,
>>>> I am the first owner of the car and like you can see in the pictures
>>>> the car is in excellent condition, no accidents, no scratches, no
>>>> dents, no need for additional repairs,click on the link for photo and
>>>> more details about my car:
>>>>
>>>> https://picasaweb.google.com/1123789083 ... directlink
>>>> I just moved out from Germany to UK, London and the car is here with
>>>> me.That is the reason why i don't need the car anymore because here in
>>>> UK is very hard to drive an European car with the steering wheel on
>>>> the left side.
>>>> If you have others questions let me know,
>>>> Thanks.
>>>>
>>>> On 16 November 2012 15:45, Buyer_Name <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>> I am in Spain and was wondering if all details were correct as normally
>>>>> Audi
>>>>> Q5 model sells for a lot more.
>>>>> Is there some problem with the car and why do you sell?
>>>>> Thanks
>>>>> Buyer
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On 16/11/2012 15:40, Paul Lawler wrote:
>>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>> My name is Paul Lawler ,
>>>>>> The car is still for sale.
>>>>>> Where are you located ? Please speak English !
>>>>>> If you are interested in my car please contact me.
>>>>>> Thank you,
>>>>>
Advertisement

#142962 by torrikft Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:45 pm
I picked up on this one very quickly today. I wonder why police force doesnt go after this type of indivduals, it cant be that hard to track them.

Same deal different name and email address.
David Anderson <[email protected]>

Mail Trail Below:

Hello again,
I'm not interested for your bank statement. If you want come here in uk to buy my car. You can send the money to your brother directly via western union. I can not afford to lose my time, and another buyer.
Please take a quick decision, because I have another potential buyer from Poland who is ready to pay a 50% in advance. I will wait your decision.
Best Regards!
David

Hello again,

Just like you know the car it is with me in UK,London . My contact details :

Home address :
12 Fernlea Road
Balham,London
SW12 9RT
UNITED KINGDOM

If you want to come here is my proposition
you must go to a Western Union agent( you can find one in each postal
office ) and you must put 4000EUR of the money
there to your name to UK, London or YOU will ask a friend to come with
you to Western Union Office. HE will make a transfer so that HE will
be the sender and YOU will be the receiver. YOU will receive the money
from Western Union in UK,London
So the address of the receiver will be UK,London(In this way i`ll be
sure that you`ll be in London and that you`ll buy the car) in the
moment that you have made the transfer you must send me a scan copy of
the paper (receipt) from Western Union (if u have this money or not),
after that i will meet with you here, when you`ll come here will check
and see that all is alright and in working condition. Then we can go
both to a Western Union agent here and get the money.
I ask you that because i have allot of inquires on it and i will keep
the car for you.As you see this method is a secure one because you
cannot lose your money and I don't lose my time. You cannot lose your
money because they will be on your name and you are the only person
able to pick them up.
With this deposit you proof me that you are a serious person and you
want to buy my car.As regarding the money transfer fess you don't have
to worry at all because they will be deducted from from the final
amount, so they will be payed by me.
if u agree with this please contact me asap.

Best Regards!
David

First reply:

Hallo,
Das Fahrzeug ist in wie neu Zustand, hat keinen technischen Schaden überhaupt, keine Kratzer oder Dellen, keine versteckten
Mängel, neuwertiger Zustand, vom Erstbesitzer, unfall frei, Deutsch Papiere. Es hat den Titel des Eigentums, der nach
etwaigen Verpflichtungen oder Gebühren und kommt mit allen Dokumenten, die Sie brauchen um diese zu registrieren, TÜV
Certificate, COC, etc.. Sie werden keine zusätzlichen Steuern dafür bezahlen, ist mein persönliches Auto, habe ich in
Deutschland für die letzten 2 Monate gearbeitet, und ich kaufte das Auto dort. Meine Firma wollte mich nach Hause, so dass
derzeit bin ich in England (UK). Ich brachte den Wagen mit mir nach Hause und ist jetzt in England. Ich versuche es zu diesem
Preis verkaufen, weil ich es nicht mehr (das Lenkrad nach links und auf der Seite ist sehr schwierig für mich, es zu fahren),
ist schade, so ein schönes Auto zu halten und es nicht verwenden .. Ich habe versucht, das Auto in UK zu verkaufen, aber
niemand will eine linke Seite Lenkrad Auto zu kaufen. Mein Auto ist bereits AirCargo LTD (eine lokale Reederei von hier-
London) an ihren lokalen Repräsentanten. (Ich zahlte das Unternehmen dafür Sorge über diese Transaktion, so dass Sie nicht
haben, als Sie nur den Preis des Pay besorgt sein Auto). Wir können einen Deal, wenn Sie wirklich am Kauf interessiert sind
es. Der Preis ist nicht verhandelbar, sondern umfasst den Transport an Ihre Adresse.
Bitte schreiben Sie mir zurück zu diskutieren nur, wenn Sie daran interessiert sind, weil ich von Leuten, die Fragen zu
stellen und sind nicht interessiert an allen bin müde.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen!

David

Hi,
The vehicle is in like brand new condition, has no technical damage at all, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, mint
condition, service book, accident free, german papers. It has the title of ownership, cleared of any obligations or fees and
comes with all the documents you need to register it, Tuv Certificate, COC, etc.. You will not have to pay additional taxes
for this, is my personal car, I have worked in Germany for the last 2 months and I purchased the car there. My company wanted
me back home, so currently I am in England (UK). I brought the car home with me and now is located in England. I am trying to
sell it at this price because I not use it anymore (the steering wheel is on left side and is very difficult for me to drive
it), is a pity to keep such a beautiful car and not use it.. I tried to sell the car in UK, but nobody want to buy a left
side steering wheel car. My car is already at AirCargo LTD (a local shipping company from here-London) at their local
representant.(I paid this company to take care about this transaction so you don't have to be worried as you will pay only
the price of the car). We can have a deal if you are really interested in buying it. The price is not negotiable but includes
the transport to your address.
Please write me back to discuss only if you are interested because I am tired of people that ask questions and are not
interested at all.
Best Regards!

David
#143408 by petervs Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:33 am
Just to confirm that its is a scam, please see below copy of emails- exactly the same as above:

Hi,
The vehicle is in like brand new condition, has no technical damage at all, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, mint
condition, service book, accident free, german papers. It has the title of ownership, cleared of any obligations or fees and
comes with all the documents you need to register it, Tuv Certificate, COC, etc.. You will not have to pay additional taxes
for this, is my personal car, I have worked in Poland for the last 2 months and I purchased the car there. My company wanted
me back home, so currently I am in England (UK). I brought the car home with me and now is located in England. I am trying to
sell it at this price because I not use it anymore (the steering wheel is on left side and is very difficult for me to drive
it), is a pity to keep such a beautiful car and not use it.. I tried to sell the car in UK, but nobody want to buy a left
side steering wheel car. My car is already at AirCargo LTD (a local shipping company from here-London) at their local
representant.(I paid this company to take care about this transaction so you don't have to be worried as you will pay only
the price of the car). We can have a deal if you are really interested in buying it. The price is not negotiable but includes
Please write me back to discuss only if you are interested because I am tired of people that ask questions and are not
interested at all.
Best Regards!

David

2013/1/6 otoMoto.pl <[email protected]>
Witaj

Wys?ano zapytanie dotycz?ce og?oszenia nr C27468098 (Chrysler 300C )
Link do tego og?oszenia: http://otomoto.pl/show?id=C27468098

Imi? / Nazwa firmy:

UWAGA: Ten e-mail zosta? wygenerowany automatycznie, nie odpowiadaj na niego! Aby odpowiedzie? na pytanie wy?lij e-mail na powy?szy adres kontaktowy lub skontaktuj si? telefonicznie.

Tre?? wiadomo?ci:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
I'm interested in this advertise of Chrysler 300C CRD, 2011y.
Where can I see the car?

Please drop me an email with all details.

regards
Peter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#143696 by klaus1936 Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:29 pm
Janiel Will <[email protected]> the same story of scammer from UK

Hallo,
Das Fahrzeug ist in wie neu Zustand, hat keinen technischen Schaden überhaupt, keine Kratzer oder Dellen, keine versteckten
Mängel, neuwertiger Zustand, vom Erstbesitzer, unfall frei, Deutsch Papiere. Es hat den Titel des Eigentums, der nach
etwaigen Verpflichtungen oder Gebühren und kommt mit allen Dokumenten, die Sie brauchen um diese zu registrieren, TÜV
Certificate, COC, etc.. Sie werden keine zusätzlichen Steuern dafür bezahlen, ist mein persönliches Auto, habe ich in
Deutschland für die letzten 2 Monate gearbeitet, und ich kaufte das Auto dort. Meine Firma wollte mich nach Hause, so dass
derzeit bin ich in England (UK). Ich brachte den Wagen mit mir nach Hause und ist jetzt in England. Ich versuche es zu diesem
Preis verkaufen, weil ich es nicht mehr (das Lenkrad nach links und auf der Seite ist sehr schwierig für mich, es zu fahren),
ist schade, so ein schönes Auto zu halten und es nicht verwenden .. Ich habe versucht, das Auto in UK zu verkaufen, aber
niemand will eine linke Seite Lenkrad Auto zu kaufen. Mein Auto ist bereits AirCargo LTD (eine lokale Reederei von hier-
London) an ihren lokalen Repräsentanten. (Ich zahlte das Unternehmen dafür Sorge über diese Transaktion, so dass Sie nicht
haben, als Sie nur den Preis des Pay besorgt sein Auto). Wir können einen Deal, wenn Sie wirklich am Kauf interessiert sind
es. Der Preis ist nicht verhandelbar, sondern umfasst den Transport an Ihre Adresse.
Bitte schreiben Sie mir zurück zu diskutieren nur, wenn Sie daran interessiert sind, weil ich von Leuten, die Fragen zu
stellen und sind nicht interessiert an allen bin müde.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen!

David

Hi,
for this, is my personal car, I have worked in Germany for the last 2 months and I purchased the car there. My company wanted
interested at all.
Best Regards!

David
#147910 by almostfooled Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:42 am
WOW...
Firstly, THANK YOU ALL who posted this!
This idiot still goes by one of the names he used before thank goodness, and that is PAUL LAWLER. I doubt that I would ever send money to myself and then go see the car but if Western Union was a free service maybe I would have done it! But for sure I would cover numbers on the receipt before sending it to him.
I am so mad this idiot wasted my time and so mad these things happen. I would love to report him. Is that possible? It would be hard for the police to catch this guy when he'd show up to WU to get the money with a certain name because there are so many offices as he could pick up in any country. But WHY DOESN'T WESTERN UNION CHECK IDs??????

He had an Audi A3 for me, he is in London and can't drive it on this side. His spelling was very poor but...he claimed to be German so I understood. Also on mobile.de. I happen to be in UK and offered to take a trip to see it...I thought something was wrong when he did not answer my questions about the car but instead INSiSTED on the money transfer although I offered cash. I guess I'll copy/paste the rest...:

On Jan 30, 2013, at 7:08 PM, Lawler Paul <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

My name is Lawler Paul,
The car is still for sale.
Where are you located ?
If you are interested in my car please contact me.
Thank you,

On Jan 30, 2013, at 8:25 PM, Lawler Paul <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you because you have interested in my car and i`m glad because i
can answer to you.
My last price is 4000 Eur including all taxes,
The car have German papers with German plates numbers,and will come
with full service history ,
I am the first owner of the car and like you can see in the pictures
the car is in excellent condition, no accidents, no scratches, no
dents, no need for additional repairs,click on the link for photo and
more details about my car:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019914475 ... directlink

I just moved out from Germany to UK, London and the car is here with
me.That is the reason because i don't need the car anymore because
here in UK is very hard to drive an European car with the steering
well on the left side.
If you have others questions let me know,

You can call me any time you wish . I have to tell you that, to
transfer money trough Western Union you will pay a commission. This is
not a problem, because when we will meet i will refund you the
commission from my pocket. Also when the sender will go to the Western
Union office i think it is better not to tell that the transfer is for
a car purchase because will pay a higher commission for the transfer,
and to tell that is for a personal emergency,
Let me know the paper scanned from western union when you done,
Thank you,

Here it`s an example how you will make the payment :
First name of the sender : your wife or friend first name
Last name of the sender : your wife or friend last name
Address: your wife or friend full address
City: your wife or friend city
First name of the receiver : your first name
Last name of the receiver: your last name
Address:you will need only the country and the city
City:London

Best regards!

On Jan 30, 2013, at 10:04 PM, Lawler Paul <[email protected]> wrote:
Just like you know the car it is with me in UK,London . My contact details :

My phone number :

0044 / 791 908 4187

Home address :

17 St. John's Road
Bexley,da14 4lf
London
UNITED KINGDOM

If you want to come here is my proposition you must go to a Western
Union agent( you can find one in each postal office ) and you must put
4000EUR of the money there to your name to UK, London or YOU will ask
a friend to come with you to Western Union Office. HE will make a
transfer so that HE will be the sender and YOU will be the receiver.
YOU will receive the money from Western Union in UK,London So the
address of the receiver will be UK,London(In this way i`ll be sure
that you`ll be in London and that you`ll buy the car) in the moment
that you have made the transfer you must send me a scan copy of the
paper (receipt) from Western Union (if u have this money or not),
after that i will meet with you here, when you`ll come here will check
and see that all is alright and in working condition. Then we can go
both to a Western Union agent here and get the money.
I ask you that because i have allot of inquires on it and i will keep
the car for you.As you see this method is a secure one because you
cannot lose your money and I don't lose my time. You cannot lose your
money because they will be on your name and you are the only person
able to pick them up.
With this deposit you proof me that you are a serious person and you
want to buy my car.As regarding the money transfer fess you don't have
to worry at all because they will be deducted from the final amount,
so they will be payed by me.
if u agree with this please contact me asap.

All the best !
#148164 by attilamezei Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:49 pm
I found 2 cars with very low prices on mobile.de, advertised by 2 different sellers, so I wrote 2 emails informing the sellers that I am interested.
Guess what!!!! The guy mentioned in this posts answered both emails. Same text, same gramatical mistakes, mostly identical names (Paul Lawler and Paul Boller). The cars disappeared from mobile.de as soon as I wrote the emails. Strange, I thought. I google-d his name and found this post. It looks like he tried to fool many people and probably he suceeded. The scheme is simple, and there are naive people who can be fooled.
I hope he will be caught someday soon.......
#153874 by Plod Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:23 pm
Hi people, Im from Argentina, and the same guy is here scamming people, look the conversation:

Paul Boller Send first in spanish because im Argentinian, saying tha the car is a perfects conditions, and all the papers are OK and all the taxes are payed.

Hola,

El carro se encuentra en condiciones perfectas, no tiene daños
técnicos en absoluto, no está rayado ni tiene abolladuras, ningún
defecto oculto. Está como nueva.
No soy fumador por lo que el vehículo no tiene olor a cigarro.
Todos los documentos están en regla y disponibles (factura de compra,
tenencia ...). Este es un carro argentino y todos los impuestos están
pagados hasta el mes de diciembre 2013.
Podemos hacer un trato sólo si tiene efectivo.

El precio es de 40,000 pesos y no es negociable.

Más fotos aquí:

http://picasaweb.google.com/10056332053 ... __Pqwd6sag

Disculpe mi español, pero hago uso de un traductor.

Sebastian Nodari (Me)

Hola Paul, me interesa el auto, solo le hago una pregunta el auto esta radicado en capital federal o provincia?, De donde es usted? Podría pasar mañana a ver el auto ? y por donde?

, Paul Boller <[email protected]> escribió:

Sebastian Nodari

Hi Paul, I am very interesting in the car, and I want to know if i could see the car tomorrow, Thank you, and sorry for the english

Sebastian Nodari escribió:

Paul Boller

Hello,

I want to say that the car is registered in Argentina. I am asking
this price because I want to sell it very fast. Another reason is that
the car is not in Argentina. It is in England and should be
transported there. I have worked in Argentina, as a chemist. I bought
the car from there and i use it until 2 weeks ago. I returned with my
work to England (because of the global financial crisis). I like this
car and i wanted to register it here, but when I informed about the
border taxes i changed my mind immediately. My new work doesn't allow
me to return to Argentina (i work every day), but i can send the car
to Argentina with a shipping company, the shipping is included in the
price. Please tell me if you're interested or not.

Thanks

Sebastian Nodari <>:

Sebastian Nodari <>

Hi Paul, i am interesting, but how we do the cars transfer? And in wich part of argentina is registered the car? How much time i have to wait the cars arrive? Sorry again for the english and so much questions. I never do this.

"Paul Boller" <[email protected]> escribió:

Paul Boller

We can use MercadoLibre as an intermediary.
Here are the steps:
You will send the money to MercadoLibre.
MercadoLibre will inform me that they have the money.
I will ship the car with a transport company at your address.
You will have 3 days to verify the car in an authorized service.
If you'll decide to buy the car, MercadoLibre will send the money to
my bank account.
If you don't like the car, MercadoLibre will refund you all the money
that you paid.
We can speak at the phone, here is my phone number : 0044-7415009680

Thank you,

Sebastian Nodari <>

OK, and the transport company also have the papers of the car to do the transfer to my name?. And you know how long it takes the company send the car? Thank you

"Paul Boller" <[email protected]> escribió:

Paul Boller

I send all the car papers with the transport company.The transport
company agent will do all the papers with you.The car is registered in
Argentina and you don't need to pay any customs taxes .I will send the
sale contract (08 formulario) signed by me, and at the buyer's name
you'll wrote your name.The transport company have the power of
attorney to manage all the papers.The company told me that the
transport time is around 8-10 days .

Sebastian Nodari <>

para Paul
Ok, last question and i will decide, What is the company name?, Thanks for your patience and time.

Paul Boller

It's a local company.

Sebastian Nodari <>

I know but i want the name for searching in google and see they work, and how they do the transport, its only for my own confidence. I really want to buy the car, so i want to know all i can to be sure. Sorry for all the questions

Paul Boller

http://www.marslandship.com

-----------------------------------------------

I stop sending mails, because my father tell me that i must search in google because the price of the car was very cheap, and looking in google i have the luck to see this site so Thank you guys :D , and Sorry about my english, i konw is terrible hahaha :lol:
#153876 by vonpaso xlura Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:31 pm
El sitio marslandship es postizo. Es registrado por alguien en La Rioja, España, con Whois Privado por un año, no más. Ya se lo ha matado.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#291966 by johngarcia Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:31 pm
:bondage: :bondage: :bondage:

And here we go after years we keep still going with no protection by Western Union at all !! I just got scammed ..

I found now your thread about the car scam with western union otherwise it could save me a lot of money ..

How is possible that they give money without id card ?

somebody can help me ? I want my money back . . I'm not responsable of anything .. How is possible?

What did you did guys after ? I went already to the German police and Monday I go to the Belgian one and try to find a lawyer ! is not possible that they give away your money like this to strangers ! Come on now..
#291968 by Bryon Williams Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:37 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

I am sorry you fell victim to this scam.

You can post the emails sent to you with the emails address here. Remove your personal information prior.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#428771 by carguy0976 Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:46 am
I have recently run into somewhat of a similar situation.
When searching for a car, I stumbled upon a very good looking Golf VI located somewhere near Hamburg offered by a private seller. The car looked like it was in great condition, excellent spec, but the price just seemed too low: it was 5500 EUR whereas a normal price for something of that year, mileage, spec and condition should be closer to 7.5-8k eur. I emailed the seller (no phone number in the ad) and got a response from one Jonas Knudsen. The email did seem strange, but wasn't suspicious enough.
The seller was pretending to be an elderly couple from Denmark who claimed they had sold a summer house in Germany and thus would like to sell their car. They even sent a photo of 'themselves', which, of course, was also very strange. The exchange I had with the 'elderly Danish couple' was strange and I started googling such scams in both English and German, and learned that this scam has been going on for years. They list a car for a very low price, pretend to be an elderly (always Danish, for some reason) couple, and after several emails on agreeing where they will meet the buyer, ask for a deposit, so that they don't make a trip for no reason. I didn't get this far with them, as I picked up pretty quickly that something is wrong, but several people on German forums have actually paid a deposit - so that they don't take a trip for no reason. The catch is this. You don't pay a deposit to them - you pay it to 'yourself' into a secure payslip at VolksBank, which means the bank holds on to the money for you, even if you aren't an account owner. The 'couple' also transfers money to payslip for themselves to 'prove their intention of coming'. Some other buyers actually paid and went to the meeting place to find no one - and upon turning up at the bank, they are informed that their money has been withdrawn. How this part is done - I'm not sure. However, definitely don't pay anyone in advance and if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
I'm gonna attach the full chain on emails below.
Hello,

Received response:
I would like to thank you for your interest and I appreciate your intention of buying my Volkswagen Golf. The car works and stands in perfect condition, I never had any problems with the engine.
The price is 5500 EURO and I believe it is convenient for us both.
We live in the capital of Denmark, Copenhagen (København), located in the Hovedstaden region, a beautiful place on the Sjælland island.
We had a nice place to stay during our summer and winter holidays in D-21379 Rullstorf. We sold the house a few months ago but we kept the garage until we sell the car too. So it stands there in the garage in Germany.
This is the reason why the car still has Deutsche plates and German registration. I bought it from Germany and I am the first owner. It is 100% a German car.
The reason for selling it now is that we are a nice couple of pensioners (I am 71 and my beloved wife is 70 years old), we love spending our time (and money) traveling around the world by plane, so a car is no more useful for us.
If you agree and if you are decided for a meeting to see the car and make a test-drive we are ready to take a flight to Germany and meet with you personally.
It would be great to meet in Germany in the city where the car stands now, but if it is too far away for you I am sure that we will find a nice city in Germany to arrange a meeting, a region acceptable for us and for you at the same time.
Please tell us, where do you live? We would like to know more about you so that we can propose to you an appointment.
We have faith that this will be a good deal!

With kind Danish regards,
Jonas Knudsen

PS: We have a German neighbour living here in Copenhagen who helped us with the website selling advert and with the SMS to your phone. My German is limited to just a few words so I wish a lot to continue our conversation in English.

(followed by a photo of the 'couple) and of the 'car for sale'

Their response:

Hello,
We are glad for your answer.
The car is in perfect condition (kept in garage), it has never been involved in any accident (accident-free), no technical problems (engine works ok), no any scratches or dents on the car body. It has valid TüV/ASU until next year, all the taxes in Germany are paid and all inspections are done and noted in the car's Service Book.
We both are non-smokers, nobody ever smoked inside the car.
I inform you that you can use our plates (german signs) for your return back home drive, this is no problem for us.
As i already announced you we are in Denmark now (the car stands in Germany, Rullstorf), but if you are decided to have a meeting to see the car i am ready to meet you in Germany. We will take a flight to Berlin, take the car from where it stands in the garage and drive it to our meeting point.
I propose you a meeting at the end of next week, Saturday morning the 6th of November, in BERLIN. I think it is a good place for us both.
There will be no need for any other meeting, we will manage the documents for sale in order and you can take the car with you immediately.
If you will accept i will look for a hotel to stay for me and my wife and i will inform you about the place of meeting.
We will arrive there with one day before our meeting and we will wait for you at the hotel reception. You can decide time when you will arrive.
Thank you.
We hope to hear news from you soon,
Jonas and Lagertha Knudsen

PS: My wife and myself just did both doses of the Pfizer/Biontech Vaccine against this CoronaVirus (COVID-19), so we are safe to travel and ready to meet you without any problems.

Conclusion: A Danish elderly couple, that are selling a car very cheaply on mobile.de that will ask for payment in advance, is a scam.
Be careful, fellow car buyers!
Last edited by AlanJones on Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
#428772 by AlanJones Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:50 am
Thanks for posting, please help other victims by posting the email address and names that the scammer used to contact you.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.