If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#253603 by gtz Sat May 30, 2015 10:05 pm
I just got scammed by a guy that called himself Christopher Mehotchko.

[email protected] added email Mike W

Below is his first email:
I am open and honest and loving. I am genuine and honest, independent and intelligent, spiritual without being fanatical, confident without being arrogant and sensitive while remaining a true man's man. I consider myself a thoughtful man with integrity. I take good care of my appearance and health and stay active, workout every week, love the outdoors, water and fresh air. I love to take a walk and jog. My passion is golf and I also play volleyball (beach), pool. I can be romantic, spontaneous, silly, funny and serious. I'm laid back and mellow. I'm passionate and playful. I keep abreast of current events. I don't hold multiple degrees but I am successful in what I do and very comfortable with my place in life. My parent are originally from Italy and i have been living here for about 9 years now.I have live and had my university education in England.I was married for 17 years and have a daughter who is 20 years looking forward to be 21 soon.I have been a widower for about 3 years now and it was due to the fact that i lost my woman in a car accident which has made me never to have had any relationship ever since then cause i was trying to get well out of that and i am glad i am more ready and willing to have some one now and move on with my life so i am really hoping to find some one that is ready and willing to love me forever and i will sure love her for the rest of our life together and it will be an unconditional one. Telling about the kind of person am looking for,well i think when you look at my profile you can see from there what am looking for in a woman and the kind am looking for but to tell more of it i think i can say it here.I want some one real and ready to take the love i will be offering and will never complain of too much love like i will never complain either cause i want the woman to love me much as well and show me the love always which i will always do the same to her.I want someone that will never be shy to show affection at any time and will never be afraid of her man to show her affection as much as well.Some one that will welcome occasional gift like flowers and writing of letters i think this are signs of been romantic and i like it cause am a romantic man and i will want my woman to be romantic as well.I want a honest woman and trust worthy one that will never betray my trust in her and i will not either.I want a woman who will be there always for her man and i will be there always for my woman cause i believe relationship is meant to help each other through any situation when ever and wherever it is not only with money but mostly with the love you give and care you show that special some one.I am looking for someone for lingering conversations over long dinners; for reclining with on quiet Sunday mornings filled with the aroma of fresh coffee; for visiting favorite places and exploring new ones; for someone to share in those transcendent moments when the ordinariness of the day takes on an extraordinary meaning. I am looking for the woman whose warm and reassuring smile welcomes me at the dimming of the day. It is said that every day is a new beginning but I often do not know when a beginning began until sometime after it has passed. It might have been the flash of a smile, an exchange of knowing glances, the seemingly errant touch, or a turn in a conversation. My believe about relationship is so much that i cant explain all at ones but i can just say a little bit in it.I believe relationship between man and woman should not be a one that the husband or the wife will be making order it must be one that both of them will say there view on issue and they will make up one conclusion and follow it.I believe that it is not a great relation been abusive to one another or saying dirty languages to one another it really made love to fade and lower the rate of love between each other so they are not a good thing to be involve in relationship.I believe distance doesn't have any effect on relationship because i think the most important is to get to know each other more better and see if you both are meant for each other so if you see you are a great match then there can always be a date to set in meeting each other and spend some time with each other then get to know each more better in person,relocation is neither a issue as well cause me as a man i am ready to relocate for my right woman if that is necessary to do i mean if the woman did not have the advantage of doing it. Things i do like to do in my free time,I like to spend my time with my woman most if i have any but for now that am all alone i do spend my time watching Movie,Gardening,Walking,I like spending my time with my daughter as well when she is with me.I like to go shopping.I like listening to music and i have some kind of my own that i love most to listen to(Country,Blues,Jazz,R n b).I like to travel and know more places also because my job needed it at times but not all time. I hope i never scare you with any of this and I hope i did not take much of your time reading my message and am sorry if i do but i hope you have get to know me more better with this so i would like to hear from you what else you wish to know that have never mention and i will like to know about you as well. I will look forward to hearing from you soon and hope to get to know one another much more better. Take care. Chris.
Last edited by gtz on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Be smart, stay informed, but don't confront your scammer.
Advertisement

#253605 by gtz Sat May 30, 2015 10:23 pm
<[email protected]>Received-SPF: pass (domain of gmail.com designates 209.85.218.42 as permitted sender) <snipped> Mike W

z_XZAYLJEjrG63yLQYTtAmHoHBzy67oYCtkEQKCNW.Y-X-Originating-IP: [209.85.218.42]Authentication-Results: mta1392.mail.bf1.yahoo.com from=gmail.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=gmail.com; dkim=pass (ok)Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO mail-oi0-f42.google.com) (209.85.218.42) by mta1392.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with SMTPS; Mon, 09 Mar 2015 19:25:22 +0000Received: by mail-oi0-f42.google.com with SMTP id x69so31332983oia.5 for <removed Mike W>; Mon, 09 Mar 2015 12:25:21 -0700 (PDT)DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=<snipped Mike W> : 1.0X-Received: by 10.182.138.71 with SMTP id qo7mr23452990obb.66.1425929121109; Mon, 09 Mar 2015 12:25:21 -0700 (PDT)Received: by 10.60.14.39 with HTTP; Mon, 9 Mar 2015 12:25:20 -0700 (PDT)In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>References: <[email protected]>Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 15:25:20 -0400Message-ID: <Length: 292672
Last edited by gtz on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

#253607 by Mike Wilson Sun May 31, 2015 1:31 am
Welcome to Scamwarners gtz,

I am sorry to hear that you were scammed by this person. Thank you for taking the time to post this information as a warning to others who may be in contact with this criminal.
If you have a contact telephone number that was used in this scam please post it here on the forum.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#253755 by gtz Sun May 31, 2015 5:51 pm
His phone number is : 201-305-3556. email address: [email protected].
Last edited by gtz on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

#253766 by gtz Sun May 31, 2015 9:23 pm
He also has a fake home phone 856-624-3672.
This is VOIP in Woodstown NJ. He claims he is from Pennsville NJ and he is active on Badoo.
His other aliases: Michael Wilson Michael Wilson, [email protected],
Wagner Morris, [email protected],
Bruce Lincoln, [email protected],
Thomas Kurt, [email protected].
Too bad I did not do my homework before I gave him the money. I checked him out and I could not find anything on his name. I had a some moments when I thought about as being a scam, but I gave him the money anyway.
Last edited by gtz on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

#253886 by gtz Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:03 pm
This is the text I got today. I am not sure if I should block him just yet, because I filed a complaint and I am hoping the cops could catch him if he is in US. I have his account info and maybe with this I have to help someone else. What do you think?

Good day, I got all your messages now and your email I want you to know I am not that wicked and will never ever want to pay you back with evil for all you have done for me and I wish you were a bit patient and also try to figure what might have been going on with me. If I tell you I have not been able to make it through to home I guess you will wonder and I have been locked with the wrong flight I got on cause they were trying to know if I am one of the terrorist or maybe I am trying to bomb flight or something and have been locked up all this while and been investigated and also they have gone to my house in USA to check everything and you are here thinking I have ran away with your money and leaving me all sort of messages well I won't blame you cause I am the one that borrowed money and made you to start thinking all sort of things and say anything you want to me and also trying to get the law enforce on me. Just know I will contact you and will see with how you will get your money soon and get you sorted so there after I wont bother you with my life again or make any contact with you again. Cause I guess you don't trust me that much or even want to be disturbed with my life dramas. I pray you are fine and hopefully your back is not bothering and how are your kids. I will contact you soon. Chris.

#253887 by HillBilly Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:04 pm
gtz wrote: I am not sure if I should block him just yet, because I filed a complaint and I am hoping the cops could catch him if he is in US. I have his account info and maybe with this I have to help someone else. What do you think?

Block him. He is a criminal and you aren't. You have given law enforcement all you can to date. let them do their jobs now. Chances are good he is not in the US to start with, and there is a chance (however small) that you could be considered an accessory to his crime(s) if you don't stop contact after learning he is a criminal.

Out of curiosity though, which authorities (cops) have you reported it to?

#253901 by HillBilly Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:45 pm
that's good. The IC3 will contact you if they need anything else. I'd suggest saving your emails from the criminal as a file, and get them out of your inbox ( to avoid the memories). I don't know how your phone works, but if you can print or save the text messages, do that as well.

Here is a little factoid about the IC3 ( I didn't post this in the news section here). A recently released report on scams.....

http://darkmatters.norsecorp.com/2015/0 ... in-losses/

#253903 by gtz Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:41 pm
Thanks!
I sent all text messages as email from my phone. I saved all the emails, deposit slips etc. I blocked him, I changed my bank account and I have life lock protection and called them as well. I am not sure if there is anything else I should do.
Last edited by gtz on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

#253962 by Tim Atem Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:33 am
It looks like you've done everything you can for the moment. Do be prepared for future scam emails pretending to be compensation agencies saying they will help you get your money back. That will be another scam and could very well be from the same person that just scammed you.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#253966 by HillBilly Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:37 am
"anything else" would depend on exactly what information the scammer has about you. If you gave him other personal information, I'd suggest You create some "Google alerts" for all of the personal information given to these scammers. Go to www.google.com/alerts and set up one each for “complete address" , ”bldg # street name" "Drivers license #" "SSN" "FirstName LastName" and "LastName FirstName", “email address”, and what ever other data you have given. be sure to use only one alert per quotation query.

use the quotes " " as above for each one of the alerts they set up with Google. It is not likely the ID will be compromised, but I think its better to err on the side of safe, rather than sorry in this case. If the alerts ever show results, address them at that time.

If it is a passport # then contact homeland security (USA) ( Department of State) and report it compromised to be issued a new passport #. If a different country then contact the issuing authority of that country, and be sure to report it as compromised so you can be issued a new PP #. If they do try anything stupid, you do not want it coming back to haunt you in any way.

#253998 by gtz Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:58 am
Thank you!

#254277 by gtz Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:45 pm
This is what I got today on my email from him:
I guess you have blocked me on your phones right cause have been trying to call and trying to get your money paid cause am back in my home and dont want you to think am trying to run with your money as you have been accusing me of that. Chris.