If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#257671 by Francesca Masiero Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:03 pm
Some months ago two American soldiers asked my friendship,their names were Duke Amato US Sgt and Michael Golden Sgt US Army.The first one told me he was widower with a young daughter,Jenny,in USA.The second one told me he was adopted when he was 3years old but his parents were died and he was alone.Both told me that they needed help so I sent them a lot of money .I was sure they were sincere and honest with me but now understand I was victimized by scammers.Searching into the internet I found that they were the same person using two different profiles.I hope that this man might be arrested because he is a delinquent.I sent a complaint to the Fbi hoping they can investigating and finding this man .
Advertisement

#257672 by Francesca Masiero Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:14 pm
I found some numbers on my phone : 13033213938 ,13033937278 under the name of michael golden but I don't know if there are right or not.I never received calls from this man .
#257680 by Dotti Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:42 pm
Welcome to scamwarners Francesca.

I am very sorry that you were scammed by these scumbags. I want to make sure you understand that the people writing to you were not American soldiers at all, but were low-life criminals who have never served in the military in their life. By far the most common offenders in this particular scam trace to Western African countries, but criminals exist in all parts of the world, so without seeing their emails I could not say with absolute certainty.

While it is not unusual for a scammer to target a former victim again using a new identity, it is also common for multiple scammers to scam the same person, or for scammers to share or sell information on victims to other scammers, so it's not always easy to be certain that the same scammer is behind two scams.

If you still have emails sent to you by these scammers, posting them along with the information the scammers use may help others to avoid being scammed.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#257710 by began steele Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:25 am
It is possible I have found a profile of this scammer using a fresh photo not seen before.Well it is now .
Michael Golden
SSgt at U.S. Army
7 April 2002 to present
Studied at Colorado College
Past: Lakewood High School (Colorado)
Lives in Kabul, Afghanistan
From Colorado City, Arizona
He has been actively phishing Facebook date site pages but I am unable to find a text.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007824739164

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.