If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#260013 by yasinkocaman Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:52 am
I was selling my laptop and I have an ad on sahibinden.com which is a Turkey based website. I have received a SMS from +44 61 1747 9421 and the sender said that he would like to buy my laptop. After I sent some pictures of my laptop, he requested my bank account details and I sent the details. This morning, I got an e-mail from [email protected] and the e-mail content seems as fake. The e-mail was saying that after I ship the item, I would get paid and I should have shipped the item immediately. I did not ship the item but I just would like to write down here in order to prevent other people to be deceived. I have not time to search on the forum whether someone posted the same subject or not. If someone already posted, please accept my apology.
Advertisement

#260014 by Bryon Williams Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:58 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you for the post and update.

It is a scam.

You can place ads to sell your "item" but please make the sale face to face in a public place accepting cash.

[email protected] <<< Scammer using a free email address pretending to be official.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/