If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#260308 by Lujain Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:54 am
SO, I've recently posted an ad to sell my car on an online website which is very popular in Malaysia. I got an SMS saying to email a woman called Anita Hassan, and I did email her with all the information.

This was the initial email she sent me:

Hi,
My name is Anita Hassan. It was my son that SMS you through his online “Celcom” prepaid service to email me. I will like to know the final price for it and i want you to get back to me with more pictures and its current condition because i can't come over to view it. I am buying it locally here as a gift for my son that just graduated in Philippine.

I am Oil Rig Sub Sea Engineer for Petronas here in Malaysia and due to the nature of my work, I am restricted to phone call. I can only communicate via email.

You need not worry about how it will get to him there in the Philippine as I have a contact of a shipping company there that handle international shipping of vehicles worldwide
I know there are some documents to be signed and everything and I want you to know that the agent knows the step for that if a buyer is not available.

Regards ‎

So after I clarified her question she replied with an email that was a huge red flag for me, and it read this:

Thanks for the information, it was really of immense help. I am really interested in buying it and i want to go ahead with the purchase, i am pleased with the price but I can only conclude the transaction through PayPal for our own protection,PayPal act as a neutral third party. it is safe,secure and reliable.

I insisted on PayPal mode of payment because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking but i can pay from my PayPal account as i have my bank a/c attached to it and also due to the fact that i am currently offshore and I won't definitely be able to make it to my bank to wires money across to you.It is what safe and convenient for me.

I've tracked her IP address and I've located her in Ireland...

Please be careful guys
Advertisement

#260311 by HillBilly Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:10 am
Thanks for the tip. Do you have an email address, sms #, or any identifiable information you can post about this scammer ( not an IP address)? Fake names are not much information to go on.

#260321 by vonpaso xlura Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:41 pm
The scammer is West African and is most likely male. He is unlikely to be in Ireland but could be in Malaysia, as there are African expats there. Please post the email address.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#261247 by Lujain Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:27 am
vonpaso xlura wrote:The scammer is West African and is most likely male. He is unlikely to be in Ireland but could be in Malaysia, as there are African expats there. Please post the email address.

email address: [email protected]
#261248 by Lujain Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:28 am
HillBilly wrote:Thanks for the tip. Do you have an email address, sms #, or any identifiable information you can post about this scammer ( not an IP address)? Fake names are not much information to go on.

[email protected]