If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#260766 by mmcc02 Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:47 pm
I have not seen my scam before and am posting details so others can be aware of fake online bank transfer from foreign bank to victim. Included are emails from fake personal banker in UK., and fake company website for Bravan Engineering, Inc., and linkedin page for William Perry who does not exist.
ALL PHOTOS USED BY SCAMMER WERE OF Steve G Jones.
Isnt it amazing that grown educated women can be taken so easily. Met my guy on match.com under other alias, Joey Braxton. William Perry attempted transfer of $1.3 million to my account (for our future, when he returns from oil rig). I made the online transfer myself after email contact from his personal banker, with a link to his account and username/passwords. it all looked real at first, started at real Citizens Bank website. of course, $90,000 was needed to be paid first, for IRS tax certificate on high value foreign transfer. Thank goodness I couldnt pay, but that set me up for the loans I was to make to him, because I knew that he would pay me back.
I am educated now on how to spot the scammers, but how many more dont know. The dating sites are full of these guys with all kinds of stories. The bad grammer is the first tip off. These guys are very good at their work. They have all the right words and excuses. My guy used photos of Steve G Jones, famous hypnotist. His photos are all over the dating sites in Europe, as scammers and they are working their way into U.S.

On Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:32 AM, Mitchell Cameron < [email protected] > wrote:
Hello Xxxxxxxxx, I am very grateful to read an email from you. I have been waiting to hear from you ASAP the online access of your fiance. He already asked me to give it to you and also you should will draw the sum of (₤900,000 GREAT BRITAIN POUNDS), Nine hundred great Britain pounds. From is account to yours. I am Mr. Cameron Mitchell your husband to be account officer and also the head to is account here in citizen bank here in the England, United Kingdom.
I just want to let you know that there are some process in wish you have to go though before you can be giving the passwords and also user names and access pin.We would have to get some verification of you on your personal information. Any of which you can scan and send to my mail like you did this morning.
So we know who we are dealing with if is who your husband to be already told us because any mistake we would be held responsible.
We would need two of your ID's, Drivers License, passport or Any other form of ID you have.
But if you have any other valid ID we would accept it and go on with his wish because this is a personal account and it under our bank law and we have to protect ourselves and also ours customers.
Thanks so much for your understanding and hope to read from you soonest and with the items needed for this transactions to work.
Yours sincerely,
Cameron Mitchell.

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 7:06 AM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
Contact Account Department
Email: [email protected]
Telebanking No: +44 (0) 1143031317
Fax: 07980004271
Working hours: 9.00 - 5.00 PM
Monday's - Friday's
Saturday's : 9:00AM - 2:30PM
Your ref: CTZBPLC/212331429
I'm in receipt of your ID. Below is MR. WILLIAM personal online homepage account to the CITIZEN BANK.
You are to open this link in a secure Opera Mini BROWSER in your computer only.
Bank link website : http://www.citizenpbs-uk.com/netbankings/1/
Email: : [email protected]
USERNAME(PASSCODE) : SARAH56
PASSWORDS : Sarah11
TRANSACTION ACCESS PIN : 7078
You are required to open the link above and log in with the user name and password.By the RIGHT corner of the page, click on funds transfer, a new page will come up,fill in your banking details and begin the transfer.Should you need additional information feel free to email. Thank you for banking with us.
Yours in service,
Mr. Cameron Mitchell.

To: Xxxxxxxx
Subject: ATTENTION!!!
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:00:12 +0000
How are you ? Hope all is good with you this day ? I beg this message fine you in good peace,
I am writing you on the reference to case file CTZBPLC/212331429 which is our customer here in the Citizens Bank here in UK to let you know that the money you transferred on the said day 25 Saturday at about 1pm left already the account of the holder and also been charged to our England Federal Reserve ( EFR ) which is the center bank of the United Kingdom on the time of the C.O.T CODE made mention and was giving the account was charged and transfer already left to us before we issues out the code and we where about to credit your account before the General Currency Controls and Entry Exchange Restrictions on High Value Transfer for all Residents earners of United States of America discovered that your proceeds are from an existing account as this funds emanated from payments made from international countries, There automated system intercepted a sum amounting to £900,000.00 POUNDS (Nine Hundred Thousand Great Britain Pounds Sterling)which is about $ 1,366,605.00 USD ( One Million Three Hundred Sixty-Six Thousand Six Hundred Five Zero cent ). requires a Resident Tax Clearance Payment for the procurement of a High Value Tax Clearance Certificate to be issued by the The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for the conclusion of your transfer And for your account to be credited because this is an immediate transfer and should not have last more than two days as intrusted by the account holder Sir William.
You are to write the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on there email [email protected] and also call them at this number's on the foreigner transaction unite at (803) 820-9962. Thanks for understanding and banking with us madam.
Have a nice day

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:15 PM, Scot Polesih <[email protected]> wrote:
ATTENTION!!!
With reference to case file CTZBPLC/212331429 the The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) hereby inform you of a transfer with the above stated account being made from the Citizen Bank for international transfer was stopped due to General Currency Controls and Entry Exchange Restrictions on High Value Transfer for all Residents earners of United States of America.
The Commission discovered that your proceeds are from an existing account as this funds emanated from payments made from local and international countries. Our automated system intercepted a sum amounting to £900,000.00 POUNDS (Nine Hundred Thousand Great Britain Pounds Sterling) requires a Resident Tax Clearance Payment for the procurement of a High Value Tax Clearance Certificate to be issued by the The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for the conclusion of your transfer.
Based on the content value of your funds you are required to pay the sum of $90,000 USD ( Ninety Thousand United States Dollars) as a Resident Tax Fee after which a High Value Clearance Certificate will be issued upon receipt of the requirements (TAX PAYMENT) then you will be given your tax code to complete your transfer. The Tax Payment is made mandatory based on the fact that you are an earner from the American Economy.We hereby instruct DEBORAH L. ALMAN (beneficiary) to honor the said charges and make payment for a Non-Resident Tax Fee by BANK DEPOSIT, MONEY OLDER, CHEQUE OR WIRE TRANSFER. Details for BANK DEPOSIT, MONEY OLDER, CHEQUE OR WIRE TRANSFER Payment below:
Bank Name : Third Federal Savings And Loan
Account Holders Name : Deborah L Alman
Account Number : 0500800108
Routing Number : 241070530
Bank Address : 3890 Center RD.Brunswick, Ohio, 44212.
Note:- We have forwarded this mail to 2 mails provided to us by the bank in charge ( [email protected] ,and [email protected] )
When payment is confirmed a Tax Clearance Certificate will be issued to you, only then can we effect your transfer from the United States of America.
Thank you,
Garry Spencer
(Deputy Revenue Commissioner)
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information.
Advertisement

#260772 by HillBilly Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:42 pm
follow the instructions on the link at the bottom of my post to post images here on the forum.

you have a classic 419 scam email there. please read these articles to educate yourself on these scams.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3242
http://www.scam-email-addresses.tk/
http://419advancefeefraud.blogspot.com/ ... their.html

a single year, hidden registration on the fake website, and then a bunch of free email addresses to go along with it. it is also an email only domain.

Domain Name: CITIZENSPBS.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 48
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS1.2X4HOSTING.RU
Name Server: NS2.2X4HOSTING.RU
Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 24-apr-2015
Creation Date: 31-mar-2015
Expiration Date: 31-mar-2016

citizenspbs.com IN MX
preference: 10
exchange: mx1.longmail.ru

then the free domain (.tk)
Domain name:
CITIZENSBANK-COM.TK

Organisation:
BV Dot TK
Dot TK administrator
P.O. Box 11774
1001 GT Amsterdam
Netherlands
Phone: +31 20 5315725
Fax: +31 20 5315721
E-mail: abuse: [email protected], copyright infringement: [email protected]

Domain Nameservers:
NS1.SERVERSFREE.COM
NS2.SERVERSFREE.COM
NS3.SERVERSFREE.COM
NS4.SERVERSFREE.COM

#260790 by Tim Atem Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:48 am
The fake website is in the process of being reported for fraud. Thank you for reporting this, and I'm very sorry this has happened to you.

ETA: it looks like it's already been reported.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#268358 by bobtheboob Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:19 pm
My friend is being used by this person, but will not believe. How do you report scammers? He also has a Facebook page saying he's from Denmark. He has an accomplice, older lady going by the name of Gail Ross. If you Google "Bravan Engineering" and Gail Ross, you come up with another Facebook account. This one is for a man by the name of Gail L Ross from Cleveland. He also claims to be executive for Bravan Engineering Inc.
#268362 by HillBilly Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:48 pm
bobtheboob wrote:My friend is being used by this person, but will not believe. How do you report scammers?

getting someone to believe they are being scammed is not always an easy task. Some people refuse to listen to anything when they believe what they are doing is right.

To report a scammer, gather as much concrete information as you can about the person. Ergo : email address(es), web sites, phone #'s, pictures ( if possible), IP address(es), Skype or other ID's.... Names that scammers use change more often than some people shower, so names are almost always unreliable. Post all of the concrete information you can, people here can verify it. We can't go looking for "maybe this", "what if that" sort of information.

any claims they make must be verified. Especially if the only means of communication has been email or other forms of text, without visual contact. Rule of thumb is always "Trust is earned, not given".