If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#263252 by b1zarr01 Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:07 pm
:idea: It turns out that there's a scam involving someone claiming to be from a company called "Pharma Nord" posting excellent work at home job opportunities.

At first everything seemed on the up and up; I mean all my research pointed to them being a legit company and I didn't see any results indicate it was a scam. So after the interview they sent me a W4. Then after some more corresponding they sent me a check which was to be used to buy supplies.

But because far be for things to be as good as they seem for me when it comes to jobs it turns out that said check was a fake. :|

Besides the fact that they check itself was all sorts of messed up (not the right size or consistency of a check, lack of water mark, information all mixed around like the check number being where the routing number should be, routing number hidden somewhere that the account number should be) when I called said credit union the rep was able to tell me right off the bat, the instant that the amount was for that it was a scam and many fake checks for that amount were going around. :yikes:

I am vastly disappointed that that scam with that company wasn't reported on here before tsk tsk :laugh-s:

But all kidding aside, this site has tipped me off to a couple of other scams that seemed like elaborate forms of money laundering so you saved me a couple times of getting my hopes up :bowdown: :=)

I'm hoping my horrid experience can at least come up in google so no one else gets their hopes up about a good, work from home job that turns out to be some sort of scam.
Advertisement

#263258 by vonpaso xlura Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:52 pm
Please post the emails sent by the scammer, with full headers, and any other communication such as an instant messenger chat.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#263259 by Tim Atem Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:53 pm
I'm sorry you got caught in a scam. Would you mind posting their emails (with your personal information removed) to help warn others? Did they hire you as an assistant or payment clerk or something of that nature?

Be very careful with work-at-home offers. 99% of them are scams. Always meet with your prospective employers - legitimate employers do not conduct interviews through emails or instant messaging.

There is quite a bit of information on this thread on what job offers to avoid like the plague: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=44

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#263286 by Spanyell Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:49 pm
The person that talked to me was Benjamin Ryan. His email is [email protected]. I was dangerously close to providing info during a google chat. This is the email I received.

Hello, I'm Mr Benjamin Ryan the Hiring Manager of Pharma Nord. The name of the company is Pharma Nord, Pharma Nord is a privately owned limited company and also a Worldwide Organization. The company Headquarters is located in Denmark, Pharma Nord has a large operational field. Pharma Nord’s products are represented in Europe, the Middle East and in the rapidly expanding markets of Asia, Russia and the United States, through 25 daughter companies and 20 business partners. We are looking for outstanding, dedicated, team-oriented individuals, who are motivated by the ability to make an immediate and sustained contribution in the company and have the opportunity to grow and develop professionally. pharmaceutical manufacturing, research and development, sales and marketing. We are in search of serious and focused individuals who are willing to work from home or anywhere of their choice.

The company website is www.pharmanord.com I need you to have it reviewed. Pharma Nord is one of Europe’s largest manufacturers of products with essential nutrients. We develop, manufacture and market scientifically well founded dietary supplements, herbal remedies and medical drugs based on optimal bio-availability, safety and documentation. I have been working for Pharma Nord full-time (more than 3 years). The idea of online work from home was initiated due to this reasons;

1. So we can reach out to all our customers all over the world

2. The company made this job available based on the fact that we are currently re-strategizing and upgrading our database and are presently developing locations in the United States and Canada.

3. Also we are trying to eradicate the rate of unemployment worldwide and give individuals an opportunity to showcase their working skills and make a good standard of living in the society.

This is a legitimate work from home, we keep to our word and make sure all our employees enjoy all benefits and smile while working for the company. Working equipment and software you will be needing to work with to enhance a better workflow performance will be provided to you by the company. Pharma Nord recognizes the importance of being able to provide our employees and their families with quality benefits as a part of their overall compensation package. Therefore, Pharma Nord has developed a comprehensive benefits package that delivers quality and value while satisfying the needs of our workforce. Pharma Nord is a both interesting and challenging place to work, providing an array of different jobs and functions. The multitude of tasks requires many different skills and qualifications. For that reason, Pharma Nord is always interested in job applications, whether they are encouraged or unsolicited.

All full-time/Part time employees regularly scheduled to work are eligible for benefits on their date of hire. As a valued Pharma Nord Employee you will enjoy:

Health/dental/vision insurance
Flexible spending accounts
Life and AD&D insurance
Supplemental employee and dependent life insurance
Disability benefits
Paid time off
Employee assistance program
Healthy lifestyle reimbursement
Educational assistance
401(k) and more!

The Jobs positions available are Data Entry Clerk, Medical Biller, Customer Representative and Payroll officer. Which are you interested in? Also working hours are flexible. You can choose to work in the morning, afternoon or evening. Part time hours are 4-5 hrs daily, while full time hours are 6-7 hrs daily. Experience is not needed, since training are given to all new hired employees. Training last for a week/4 hrs daily. (Mon-Thurs). The Pay-rate for the job is $35 per hour and you will be getting paid during training $20 per hour. This is strictly an online work from home and a W-2 position. You will get to know more about the company and your job duties during the interview session we will be having.

We will be having a brief interview session right away to see if you are qualified for this job. The interview session will be held via Google Hangouts. You will have google Hangouts app installed and downloaded on your phone. Once you have it downloaded, you will invite me for a chat using this email address ([email protected]) for the online interview session (Time Duration: 15 mins). Are you ready so we can proceed ASAP?
#263295 by Mike Wilson Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:47 pm
The website www.pharmanord.com belongs to a legitimate company which the scammer is using to add credibility to his scam. This company would never use a gmail account to contact prospective employees.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#263372 by Marx Donavan Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:46 pm
Thank you very much for this warning ..

I Got to the part of the "interview" where he started asking for money. I instantly detected a scam. I Googled him and the company and found this.