If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#263483 by BrooklynShoeBabe Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:51 pm
I received this response today from a Craig's List ad I contacted. I did a quick search and found that this Fausino Lighthouse company had been used in a similar scam for an apartment in the Bronx.

Hello,

I am the owner of the apartment and which is very much available for rent. We are a little selective in leasing out our apartment. Our priority is taking a responsible, careful, understanding tenant that will take good care of the property due to the amount we are renting.

The monthly rent goes for ($1000) (Including Utilities) and Security fee also know as deposit fee is ($600) which is refundable. Apartment size (650sqft) Apartment: 543 E 21st St APT C2, Brooklyn, NY 11226(Ditmas Park)

APARTMENT FEATURES: True 1 Bedroom, Hardwood Floors, BIG Living Room with Renovated Kitchen, Brand New Cabinets-Stove & Refrigerator, Packing space, washer and dryer in the apartment.

Will want to announce to you that I was residing in the apartment before with my family, but we have been transferred Wilkinson st , Shreveport Louisiana for my pastoral care and counseling course for 6 years. So my family and I have decided that we would be moving to our other home when we get back.

I have an apartment manager Name: Batsikas Hristos (My apartment manager) who works with Fasino Light House Real Estate Corp, He has been my apartment manager for years. You can also reach him via email ([email protected]) ...Get in touch with him with the below information, he will get back to you as soon as he get those details below from you.

Please answer these questions below:
*1)Your Full Name:
*2)Present Address(where you reside now:
*3) Phone# :
*4)How old are you :
*5)Are you married :
*6)Do you have a car :
*7)Occupation :
*8)How long are you willing to stay :
*9)How soon are you ready to move in:

It is also important that you send him all necessary details he need to know about yourself which will convince him that you are a perfect tenant.

There is no Registration fee or agency fee. Electric Bills and water bills have been paid for; all the receipt is with my apartment manager.

You are free to contact me at any time. Pets are allowed. I hope to hear from you soonest.

More details will be communicated to you as soon as he gets your response.

God Bless
Rev Billie
Call Me 574-651-7344
Advertisement

#263488 by HillBilly Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:23 pm
hi and welcome BrooklynShoeBabe. Thanks for posting this scam. The fact is there is real business in NY called Fasino Light House Real Estate, but this scammer is impersonating them. It is horrible to have a good reputation destroyed by a scammer.

(574) 651-7344
Pinger VoIP in Osceola, IN -- Last time I looked Indiana was a fair distance from NY...

and the free email address ending @usa.com are big red flags for the scam.

Read this to protect yourself from future scams : http://419advancefeefraud.blogspot.com/ ... their.html